Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-07-22, 11:16 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

We are having a lovely time with the family. Yesterday DH & I put in over 17,000 steps, hoping to get a good number in today too. I’ll need a stretch later!

Beth - Glad you had a nice weekend & no travel snags. I usually hold supported fish for a few minutes, it feels so good! Another yin fave these days is half frog then transitioning into intense shoulder stretch.

Pat - I could only see two chicks in the nest with mom this morning, did the runt not make it? They sure have grown.

Paine - Belated birthday wishes to your daughter!

Sandra - Socks down the toilet??? Wow, what were they thinking? (I need Mr Roll-eyes)

Margot - I agree, 20 min of BellyFit is perfect. I rarely finish the 60 min ones, usually stop at the end of cardio around the 35 min mark.

Cyana - Yes, I also hope your son isn’t moving too far away!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 12:06 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Pam - I peeked at the nest and found the runt hiding under Mom's breast. I was also scared! The other two are getting active - that alpha chick wants to fly.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 03:24 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Pam - I peeked at the nest and found the runt hiding under Mom's breast. I was also scared! The other two are getting active - that alpha chick wants to fly.
Whew, that’s a relief! I just looked again & mom was feeding them while dad did sentry duty.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 06-07-22, 08:14 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: Routine 4A from Margaret Richard's All My Best Vols. 3 & 4, followed by the Hips & Knees routine from Jessica Smith's Gentle Yoga. This morning I walked another of my favorite routes using Map My Walk -- it was 3.8 miles, and took me one hour 29 minutes (including a 5-minute break and two stoplight waits ).

Yogapam: Yes, Mr. Rolleyes is sorely missed!

Paine: I don't like the non-core workouts from Powerfit Harmony as I'm not a fan of band work, but the core workouts are really very good and just 20 minutes (as Stephanie keeps saying!).

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 08:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone. Shocker for me last night - the oil delivery on Monday caused our empty tank to spring a leak when the pressure of the oil hit it. Evidently it was very corroded on the bottom - which DH never told me about despite knowing for years. So now I have to pay for a new tank at global recession price gouging costs. Not to mention the additional fee of them siphoning the $800 worth of oil in there into a temporary holding tank. If I knew about the corrosion I would have let it run dry and replaced it at pre-COVID prices. Needless to say I'm so aggravated!

Anyway:

~ Quick lunch walk
~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W3 Days 1 and 2
~ Kassandra Yin Yoga for Back Flexibility
~ 7,661 steps

The Kassandra was wonderful for back pain and anger both.

Waves to all! Make it a great day!
Old 06-08-22, 09:57 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Powerful Harmony #3 Core - Body Balance workout

Sandra, it had been so long since I've done Powerfit Harmony that I had forgotten about the band work. My hands have become so sensitive and finicky in the last several years that I avoid band work involving my hands. For the Core workout I did this morning, I used a yoga strap in place of a band which was fine because it was mostly to help with balance.

Pat, sorry about the oil tank leak. I know how frustrating those things can be.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 02:44 PM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

I've been doing some long walks over the past few days and haven't felt like doing much of anything else! Yesterday evening, I did some Qigong with Pete Caughey and tonight I loosened up my tired muscles with Essentrics - Amanda's Beginner class, which was a nice routine.

Pat - Sorry for your troubles with the oil tank. I'm glad Kassandra's practice helped with your back and your emotions.

Sandra and Paine - Thanks for mentioning Stephanie's Powerfit programs. I haven't done these in a long time.

Waves to all!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 07:59 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Routine 4B from Margaret Richard's All My Best Volumes 3 & 4, followed by the Complete Floor Practice from Jane Adams's Yoga For Beginners.

Pat58: Very sorry to hear about the oil tank! Hope the replacement process goes smoothly.

Paine: A few years ago when I decided to thin out my Leslie collection, I chose the ones where she uses a band. I just don't like them, especially after one of my cats made himself very sick trying to eat one!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 10:31 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yesterday was another long city walk day, downtown in the morning & met the girls after school. Walked them home with a smoothie stop at Booster Juice on the way. Racked up over 16,000 steps.

Today's workouts:
~BellyFit Elemental Joy - Slower pace, a nice 20 min blend of BF sage with a little yoga-ish BF Flow.
~Strength Circuit day 2
~Long stretch & supported yin…hips, quads, shoulders, chest openers, finishing with supported fish.

Paine & Sandra - I’m not a fan of resistance bands either, hate wrapping them around my hands. But I don’t mind exer-tubes that attach to handles. I use them in a few of my strength circuit exercises.

Pat - Ugh, sorry about the oil tank woes! I hope it doesn’t get to pricey too sort it out.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 06-09-22, 09:06 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy Thursday! Hoo-wee I drove to work in a veritable monsoon. Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W3D3
~ Kassandra 15 Minute Sleep Yoga Yin (Evening Challenge)
~ Kassandra evening meditation while supported on my bolster
~ 6,055 steps

The oil tank guy came over quick. DH met with him while I was at work. He patched the tank with some kind of magnetic compound - how about that! Next week he'll call me for the gritty details, contract, etc. Fortunately they can siphon the oil I just bought ($800 for 150 gallons, holy ###) into a holding tank and replace it, but he said be prepared to lose some of it. Good news it that it will cost less than what I feared.

I have a steaming pile on my desk here - waves to all!