Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-24-22, 04:13 AM  
Helen

Friday Night now
LILI
You must be feeling a LOT better to be running again! Yay
Have you seen the rockfalls at Yellowstone? Wasn't part of it closed off?

CLEDA
Sorry to see that your work has been draining lately - and that your back isn't being especially friendly.

ME
So.... last post was last Saturday (almost a week )
Sunday
45min, Cathe - Cross Train Express - 10-10-10, for chrono, noonish
49min, Cathe - Low Impact Step/Total Body Sculpting - Lower Body Cardio Blast Mix with Kathryn, evening
Monday
53min, Cathe - Cross Train Express - All Step, for chrono, AFTER parent/teacher night (sacrificed Alice's walk to get it done)
Tuesday
61min, Cathe - Cross Train Express - Kickbox, for chrono
DH came home, late evening
Wednesday
6km walk, with school walkers
51min, Cathe - Cross Train Express - Leaner Legs, for chrono
Thursday
45min, Cathe - Cross Train Express - Step & Intervals, for chrono

Sorry I've been MIA - nothing but general life stuff.
• DH is home
• Cait requested burning their home vids to DVD as she can't play my .iso files (21 discs to do)
• Plumbing stack cracked due to earth shifting with all the rain (100 yrs old), so hideous brown sludge over-ran the yard - at least it was outside & DH was home to keep Alice out of it (it broke the day after he arrived)
• General end-of-term "MUST BE DONE BY...." work stuff
• Memorial service for the guy from work
• Jan 6 hearings have also been a real distraction, and the extras around them (Maddow, twitter...)
• etcetera.....

Grateful that CTX has been an automatic no-brainer AND no-dread.

Tonight (Friday) - heading up shortly for CTX Power Circuit (61min)
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-22, 02:45 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

checking in

I'm reading and at the computer, so figured, WHY NOT?

Waves to all!

6/22/2022: Rest day (forget why - probably didn't do anything in the a.m. and back still weird.)

6/23/2022: By golly - it's sink or swim. Back will either go out or get better. so I did 60 mins. power zone ride for the challenge. So glad that one of my fellow riders was in there to give me high 5s. 5 mins. prs.

6/24/2022: Back is ok. 2.5 hours of Pickleball**

I too, am glad that I am sticking with pickleball. I enjoy it. The 3 places I play have a totally different vibe/group of ladies. Friday is in my town and I have a blast. Today was 12 of us and we alternated in and out of the courts (only 2 that will accommodate 8 players total). I was talking of getting a new paddle, one of the ladies said she'd bring some for me to try . But my game was SMOKIN' Today !!! and she said, 'Honey - you don't need a new paddle, I would get a spare one of the kind you're using. You're playing wonderfully!" ... boy did that make me feel good! She is a woman ho gave me pointers and takes many pics!!!

I may (or may not) go ride the Peloton and get busy on week #3 of my 6 week challenge. (Official start of the week is monday, but we all know how I like to be way ahead. Feels like it give me a cushion to take time off if I want it!)

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-22, 03:18 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I may have to pull out CTX! I won't be doing it every day, though!
I've never been to Yellowstone and I'm not sure exactly what we will be seeing. It's a small group (8-10) tour, and they say they take you to some of the lesser known spots, along with some of the must see spots. This group was highly recommended by friends (my old boss and his wife) after they did a tour of National Parks in Utah with them last year. I'm looking forward to having someone else plan, drive, set up accommodations, etc.
Cleda - That is so nice of the woman to compliment you like that! It's always good to have positive feedback!

6/24 - 5 mile hike with an old friend from work. It was good to catch up again.

I'm heading out to do some gardening, not sure if there will be a real workout or a dog walk. Time will tell.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-22, 06:58 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Back to add ....

I did go ride my Peloton and work on the upcoming week of the challenge, so add to the above post:

6/24/2022: Peloton 45 mins. Power zone ride (zones 5 & 3) with Ben , 10 minutes Barbara Streisand cool down ride with CDE, 10 mins. cool down ride with Bradley Rose, 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch w/Ben.

Surprised myself by doing that ride!
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 06-25-22, 07:41 PM  
Helen

Sunday morning

LILI
• Word of mouth reccomendations are THE BEST and someone else doing the planning? YAY. Hope it lives up to expectations for you.
• Gardening IS a workout, & so is a dog-walk.
• CTX - pull it out! It's one of my favourite sets - before all the drill-style happened. The music for the stretches is really good. They're not awesomely long, but most have upper body weights added on the end of the main workout, so could be left off if you wanted, and use the Upper Body Split mix for that separately.

10-10-10 (45min with triceps, 34min without)
All Step (53min with shoulders & abs, 33min without)
Kickbox (61min with biceps & abs, 30min without)
Leaner Legs (51min with abs, 42min without)
Step & Intervals (45min with chest, 35min without)
Power Circuit (61min with legs, back & planks, 28min without)

CLEDA
Cooldown ride with Barbra Streisand sounds lovely.
How nice to be made to feel postively chuffed about your pickleball game.

Saturday
62min Cathe (chrono) - Rhythmic Step and a long walk with DH & Alice.

Last week of school coming up, then 2 weeks winter holidays.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 10:03 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - thanks for the breakdown of CTX! I will pull them out again.
Cleda - I need to get back to Peloton rides, haven't done one in a while.

6/24 - I got so mad watching the news (the whole Roe v. Wade being overturned) that I went out and mowed the lawn. I was afraid I was going to throw something at the TV! I respect anyone's choice, either for or against, but don't take away my rights! I ended up with 24K steps for the day!
6/25 - dog walk
20 Min. Barre w/ Hannah Corbin.

The kids/grandkids all come over for our June birthday dinner that had been canceled when I got Covid. Much fun!

Old 06-27-22, 05:30 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick check in

Good Morning Ladies!

Just thought I'd check in.

Lili: Thanks for your thoughts. (I had an entire paragraph typed out, but deleted it since it lives on forever in the cyberspace world!) And yes Lili! pull out some peloton rides. Bradley Rose has some shorter ones and is always good for some fun. So many to choose from.

Helen:
You also have me thinking of pulling out CTX. I have it (along with most/many of Cathe's workouts). The "no dread" factor makes me think I might want to do it. But then again, so many workouts? So little time! The battle cry of a VFer

on to me, me and all me!

6/25/2022: Row (10 mins. with Aquil), 30 mins. Power zone workout for the challenge. Then it was walking outside for Community Day in Pokemon Go. I had a very successful PG day! I got a couple of really good Pokes. Made me happy.

6/26/2022: Power Zone 60 mins. workout (endurance - zones 2 & 3), 10 mins. Cool down with Bradley Rose (20th time, nowhere near the 79 times I've done Denis's 5 mins. Grateful Dead one, but I"m catching up! lol), 5 minutes post ride stretch, Pickleball 1.5 hours, 45 mins. of Occulus (Did Les Mills and Saber Beat)!

Moving right through my PZ challenge. I'm almost done with week #3. It really does keep me grounded.

That's it for now. Have a great week
Time to get busy.
Cleda
Old 06-27-22, 05:53 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I hope I didn't offend you with my comments. While I tend to vent, I also realize that everyone does not share my opinions, and that's okay. I do try to be respectful of everyone's beliefs, but we live in a very divided country right now. It makes me sad.

6/26 - dog walk
2 Miles w/ Leslie's crew
6/27 - 3.4 mile run at a faster pace than last week! It was a different trail, so that may have helped.

Old 06-27-22, 07:36 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliMagill View Post
Cleda - I hope I didn't offend you with my comments. While I tend to vent, I also realize that everyone does not share my opinions, and that's okay. I do try to be respectful of everyone's beliefs, but we live in a very divided country right now. It makes me sad.

Nope ... never in a million years could you offend me!

Cleda
Old 06-28-22, 04:36 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Thank you, Cleda!
Waves to Helen!

6/27 - dog walk
Cathe's 10-10-10

I forgot how high impact Cathe's cardio can be. This was not a good choice on a day after a run day! I managed to modify when needed.

Tags
daily, every day check in, everyday, everyday workout