Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-11-22, 08:49 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl Thank you for the link. It looks good. I pray your niece doesn't have any other problems and completely recovers.

Check-In: 1 hour walk & 7 minute of Magic PM

I have been thinking about doing some stretches at night. I looked at my stash of workouts and everything seems too long. I decided to try 7 minutes of magic PM. Oh my goodness! I am sore and have been sore for a long time. I've lost some of my flexibility, too. The ladies who I walk with have been walking for an hour. I feel I need to do other workouts but I don't have the time if I do an hour walk. I prefer to walk with the ladies though.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-22, 09:31 PM  
lynnf

A couple of walks with DH.

Cheryl, so sorry to hear about your niece. Hoping she is fully recovered soon.

Diana, I think if you keep at it you will get your flexibility back and the soreness will subside. I think stretching is really important to keep up with, especially as you get older.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 05:29 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Lynn I agree.

Steps from yesterday: 16,015

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-12-22, 10:10 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 45 minutes. This one was hard too. I was sore from the strength workout.

Diana, you really got in a lot of steps again!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 06:10 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Home from camp. Had a wonderful time. The theme was nature and the art of mindfulness. There was a labyrinth in the woods, marked out with sticks and stones. I didn't have to cook or clean. The weather was warm but not too hot. Walked a lot. Got into the pool once but it felt like ice water, oh well. It was also very pleasant to be a passenger and knit during the long drives there & back.

After church today I walked on the oceanview path.

Cheryl, praying for your niece.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 09:26 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Welcome back, Cynthia. I saw your pictures on FB. It looked peaceful.

Lynn I think so too.

Check-In: 1 hour walk & Lee Holden's 7 minutes of magic pm

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-13-22, 06:51 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 11,336

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-13-22, 02:17 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather's Inner and Outer Thigh workout. I forgot how good this one was, but I do remember being surprised that it gave me glutes doms the next day. We'll see ...

Thank you for your prayers for my sister's daughter. She is home in bed, and my sister is taking care of her. She's out of breath and still with chest pain, and she is overwhelmed emotionally by all of this. Praying this resolves on its own quickly.

DD's half-birthday is tomorrow. We celebrate it in a small way since her birthday is at Christmas. She is almost as tall as me now, which is crazy. It seems like she gets taller every day. She will have a friend over for a sleepover. So glad that she is making some friendships here.

Cynthia, I saw the photo of your camp on FB. It looked very relaxing. Bonus points for not having to cook or clean. I know we all understand that holiday.

Lynn, have you moved your office yet, or is it still in progress? Also, I agree with you on flexibility. I think the four cornerstones are (not in order) strength, cardio, flexibility, and balance. All of those are use it or lose it. I saw someone post that if you don't want to spend time on your fitness, you will probably have to spend time on your illness. We never know what might happen but it seems we can usually keep a better quality of life with effort.

Diana, when you walk so much, I think short workouts and long stretches are excellent.
Old 06-13-22, 08:14 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 2 hours swimming and paddling around. I used my gloves so it was a good upper body workout. 1 hour walk (It's really hot here right now. Regular temp is close to 100*. Index will probably be 110-115)

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-13-22, 08:22 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Today felt like jet lag. Even a relaxing vacation trip can have an exhausting side. Needed a rest day.

Shopped for pancake ingredients and then took an afternoon nap. Tomorrow I'll make pancakes for a Blue Theology group.

I haven't read this book yet, but a few people I know have. I've ordered it from amazon. It's In Deep Waters: Spiritual Care for Young People in a Climate Crisis, by Talitha Amadea Aho, who chaperoned a Blue Theology group here in 2019. Without using last names, she writes about a few people who interacted with the travelers. Kimberly has them use cloth to make banners/pictures that show their experience in the program; then she makes them into quilts and mails them to the church where the kids are from. And Cynthia's pancakes are mentioned.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote