Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-24-22, 08:00 AM  
buffmama

Boss just gave me a Thursday off in July. Immediately I thought about roadtripping to do Cathe Live. One workout with Cathe is on the bucket list (the marathon doesn't look like it's happening). Am I up for it? It's 2.5 hours each way. And Kelly Coffey-Meyer who is close enough doesn't appear to teach that day. . Relaxing day at home (ha, unlikely) or roadtrip?
Old 06-24-22, 09:39 PM  
Helen

Thank goodness that CTX was next up - really enjoy the set, and they're not killers, so dove right into them.

I'd be tempted to road trip for a Cathe live - 2.5 hrs is like driving to Sydney for me. Would TOTALLY do that!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-22, 10:45 PM  
Vantreesta

Hi, ladies! We drove out to Colorado last Friday. We went to their Renaissance Festival on Saturday and Sunday, hiked on Monday, went to Denver (super psyched to see Coors Field!) and then up Pikes Peak on Tuesday, and drove home on Wednesday. Yesterday was a lazy day, watched the Twins day game and then dozed off after it was over. I was so happy to pick Cyric up from the kennel yesterday morning. I missed him so much!

Today I did my PT and a new calf warmup with Caroline Jordan then ran a mile, then a piriformis practice with Helen Clare and the post-run premix from Tracey Staehle's Yoga Solutions. The premixes on that DVD are definitely not seamless! This was my first real workout day (other than the hikes Monday) since the podiatrist told me the 3rd that I need surgery on both feet. I'm researching other options but it's been very hard to find motivation with that weighing in me. Felt good to get it done today. I even ran while it was 88 and real feel was like 92! I don't know how this winter girl isn't melting on hot summer runs!

Helen, I just bought CTX a few months ago. Haven't done any except All Step back when I bought it on VHS, my first Cathe!

Buff, I'm too lazy and shy, I'm sure I'd just enjoy the day at home!

Sandy, I can see why you liked going to CO, although we are nowhere near as ambitious as you! The first hike was up to Pulpit Rock and it wasn't even bad but confirmed what I already knew: I have zero interest in rock climbing or rappelling!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 10:13 AM  
SandyO

Helen, way to keep plugging away at the Cathe DVDs.

buff, I agree with Vannie, but I think the roadtrip is just what you need.

Vannie, I loved those vacations so much. I can't believe how many years have gone by with no trip to CO.

Well, I'm halfway through FUEL. I am really liking the lower body results. If I could ever get my shoulder not to hurt, I could probably see better upper results, but I have to keep the weights in a pain free range. They are definitely challenging, sweat producing, heart pounding workouts, and I feel accomplished everyday. My daughter has decided to try the series and has two done so far. My son is doing the series as well doing his workout after I clear the area. I am seeing results on him which keeps him motivated.
Old 06-26-22, 11:51 AM  
buffmama

Hot 5K today. We stayed through the awards and I'm ready for a nap. I'm thinking I should try to make the trip to Cathe if only so I don't talk about it every year. . I will need to up my game for sure. Sounds like Fuel total body workouts should do it!

Vannie - CO sounds like it was fun. I am not a fan of ledges when hiking.
Old 06-27-22, 10:04 AM  
SandyO

July Thread Up, 4 weeks total (27-30)

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232998

Hot 5k sounds like torture, but when I was young like you, Vannie and I did our share of those. I remember the Friday evening in July that Vannie ran a 5k, and I boiled just watching the race.
Old 06-27-22, 01:35 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
July Thread Up, 4 weeks total (27-30)

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232998

Hot 5k sounds like torture, but when I was young like you, Vannie and I did our share of those. I remember the Friday evening in July that Vannie ran a 5k, and I boiled just watching the race.
Ugh, yes, that was a rough race! I thought oh, evening, my time of day, won't be so hot. Nope!! It's funny though how last summer I consistently ran in the afternoon when it was hot and sunny. They were mostly 2 mi or less, though, which mentally makes a huge difference!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-27-22, 06:04 PM  
Helen

Thank you for the new thread Sandy.
I've had a really good June (for a pleasant change), and weight dropping - it's very slow, but consistently 0.1kg per week. I'll take slow over not at all!

Nope - not signing up for any races. A hot 5K DOES sound like torture indeed!
Did a 14k a few years ago with a DD. It was ok, but definitely not worth the drive to Melbourne for it (11 hrs).

Have been happily feeling DOMS since getting out of the cardio zone with Cathe. The pressure of (almost) every day has been really good! It's been very cold lately but that nudge has had me peeling off a couch blanket & going up. Thankfully the gym is at the top of the house so not as cold as it otherwise would be. DH is tired of hearing me proudly boast "I have sore bits".

Final week for June AND final week of school - then 2 weeks winter holidays.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 11:29 AM  
Vantreesta

I got an appt for the second opinion on my feet but it's not till Aug 9. That was the first available appt. I am impatient for it already bc I feel in limbo on what I should or shouldn't be doing. I'm also scheduled for a gait analysis by a pedorthist. (I need to look up what that means! )

Old 06-28-22, 11:22 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday after my PT appt I made a quadruple batch of my pumpkin pancakes while I danced around to my new hip hop running playlist for about 3 hours. I had a blast! My Fitbit recorded my running laps at PT as an 11 minute run so I called that and the dancing my workout. Today was laundry, dishes and pulling weeds. Tonight I had grief group. I haven't done a formal workout yet today but I'm fixing to do my PT exercises. Tmrw I must run before it gets to 90!

Tags
perfect flow