GymRatt
VF Supporter

LYDIA!!!!! Wassup, Girl?!?!?!
GymRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-05, 07:20 PM  
laila
VF Supporter

GymRatt

I waited and waited to buy these workouts. Got the Steamin Cardio/PushPull dvd when they went retail. Its good, Heidi and Kimberly are fun. Waited till they put out on of their series completer sets and got Pump, Lean, Upper Body, and Lower Body.

Upper body was uneven and not fun although i love Keli. Lower Body is okay. Pump is great and Lean is good but not long or hard enough.

I just traded for Strong Bear.

Laila
laila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-05, 11:08 PM  
bluecaffeine

I didn't like the Fitprime Upper/Lower body workouts or any of the Tamela ones. They're fun though.. and really pretty!
bluecaffeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-05, 07:51 AM  
cherimac

My Favorites:

Push/Pull; Steamin' Cardio; Pump; Lean; and above all Strong Bear. I am an advanced exerciser but am able to modify up easily with heavier weights and higher impact. I also combine two cardio workouts sometimes, i.e. Lean with Steamin' Cardio.

HTH,
Old 10-19-05, 08:55 AM  
fitnancy

These workouts aren't killer tough (like Cathe), but they definitely have a place, IMO. What I like best about them is that there is absolutely zero dread factor - they're fun and the lighting/production values somehow just make you want to work out. The leads tend to use fairly light weights, but if you go heavier you can get an excellent workout. Also, I think they're all under 60 minutes, which can be a plus. The music is uplifting - the whole package just works together to create an enjoyable experience. Sometimes it's nice to feel like you got a good workout without beating yourself up. If you do a search here (or on whfn.com) I'm sure you'll find lots of reviews that might help you decide if they're right for you. I like the total body/AWT ones better than the upper/lower splits. One other thing I've noticed with these, they sneak in a little yoga that's not enough to please the real yoginis, but it was enough to spark my interest and make me want to look into trying a full-fledged yoga program. I guess I'm trying to say they made yoga more approachable. Hope my rambling helped a little!
fitnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-05, 09:34 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Fast Cheetah is a lot of fun, too. I like Kimberly Spreen!
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-05, 10:37 AM  
Davida

I would not call the music nondescript. There are some African sounding "tunes" and some Flamenco (with an authentic Flamenco singer) and some music I recognized from older post-classic FIRMs, also some jazz and some rock sounding tunes. I would say the music is very distinctive and in fact the only reason I'm keeping these workouts.

It's hard to explain - the workouts ARE beautiful productions and the instructors are great - but these workouts are so ODD. And all the prop changes back and forth are a nuisance. And there's something about the way the instroctors talk to us that makes me feel they are talking down to me - like they assume I have never worked out before. It's like they tried to make everything non-traditional. I never seem to want to do them.

The only one of the 12 I MIGHT want to part with is Lower Body Burn - it's a dumb workout, I don't care much for the instructor, and the music in this one is really not memorable. However, I doubt if that one woulr sell or trade very well since no one likes it.
Davida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-05, 11:21 AM  
TinaT

I love the whole concept behind them, but they do leave me feeling not quite worked hard enough. I saw very little in results, compared to other workouts. They definitely have a fun factor to them, IMO. But I really have to get past the fun and make my priority about being fit and healthy. So, with that in mind, I've traded most of mine.

If BBH comes up with compilation workouts that are well chaptered and have customizing or pre-mixes, then I might go for those. These were suppose to be out this past summer and still no word on them. My hope is starting to fade, but I'll hold out a bit longer.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-05, 11:58 AM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT
If BBH comes up with compilation workouts ...
What is BBH??
GymRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-05, 12:31 PM  
cmhazlett

BBH = Benson (Anna), Benson (Cynthia), and Hendrikson (Mark). They were the original creative force behind the FIRM and now WHFN.

Claire
cmhazlett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitprime, tamela hastie