Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-05, 02:20 PM  
Tish

Reach & ALC 2

I just got Kari Anderson's Reach and I love it!

So now I'm wondering, do I need Angles, Lines, Curves 2? Anyone out there who's tried both? Are they too similar to justify both? I watched the clip at Collage but it's difficult to tell if they are really different.

Please give me your opinions on ALC 2!
Tish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-05, 03:07 PM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish
I just got Kari Anderson's Reach and I love it!

So now I'm wondering, do I need Angles, Lines, Curves 2? Anyone out there who's tried both? Are they too similar to justify both? I watched the clip at Collage but it's difficult to tell if they are really different.

Please give me your opinions on ALC 2!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ALC2. I don't have Reach, so I can't compare, but I was kind of disappointed when I saw the clip becuase I was hoping for something that was similar (in mood) to ALC2. It's graceful, challenging, and it has great music.
GymRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-05, 03:07 PM  
cmiyachi

Reach is my favorite Kari ever. I also have ALC2 and ALC1. ALC2 is different from Reach in that Reach moves at a quicker pace. They are similar Kari style but ALC2 is broken down into smaller segments while Reach is 2 major segments. The sets are much different. The moves in the two workouts are different even though Kari does them with her signature style - graceful, dancey, and with a keen eye for detail.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-05, 04:12 PM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

They are quite different IMO & if you love Kari you should get ALC2. I've only done Reach twice but overall although it's a great workout, I think I prefer ALC2. ALC2 is also chaptered into more short sections, so it is very versatile.
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-05, 04:36 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiyachi
Reach is my favorite Kari ever.
Me too! Reach is more ballet-inspired than ALC and ALC2 (which have more of a pilates feel IMO). I really enjoy the warmup in ALC2 - so graceful and fluid - and I always wished Kari would produce a workout similar to this warmup but longer and more intense. To me this is what the standing portion of Reach feels like. I have done this workout every week since I purchased it a couple of months ago.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-05, 06:53 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Actually, I'm the opposite. I had ALC2 and got rid of it. I just couldn't get into it. Most of it didn't feel like I was working anything, nor did I feel relaxed, stretched, etc. afterwards.

Reach, on the other hand, gives me a pretty decent lower body workout.

I might be willing to try ALC2 again. I have the original ALC, but haven't done it in ages. Can't really remember what it's like.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-05, 09:18 AM  
JustSandra

I agree with Pratima. I just couldn't click with ALC2, although I like the original ALC and do it regularly. Not liking ALC2 made me hesitant about getting Reach, but I did so and I really like that one. So go figure.

However, as to yourself I say go ahead and try ALC2. It's very popular, so if you don't care for it you will have no trouble selling it or getting a great trade for it.

Sandra
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-05, 12:01 PM  
Carol_is_fit

I think Reach and ALC2 are different, but both showcase Kari's grace and dance background. I agree with whomever wrote that ALC2 is more Pilates-inspired whereas Reach has a definite ballet tone to it. I enjoy doing both workouts very much and feel they each have a different feel and focus to them.

Carol