Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-16-05, 07:10 PM  
Randi
VF Supporter

Actually, I'm not sure how I'm going to handle this -- I liked Metaboost so well that I ordered the Fitprime 6-pack from WFHN, hoping the other 4 will have the same features that I like so well. So I'm probably going to sell the 2-workout DVD I have now when I get those, and then I can decide whether to keep the FlexPosture single or not. I've been reading the forum at WHFN and it's not clear when the rest will be coming out in retail versions. Anna mentioned just the 2 DVDs that we already know about, didn't say anything about the rest coming out in retail, and I decided I didn't want to wait I saw today that they charged my credit card so hopefully that means they'll be shipping the 6-pack soon!
Old 03-16-05, 08:34 PM  
Messe

As I confessed on the WHFN forum this morning, despite the fact that I'll be receiving all 12 DVDs directly from WHFN, I bought Metaboost/FlexPosture yesterday. I did FlexPosture when I got home without previewing it, and I enjoyed it. It wasn't a killer workout, but it wasn't meant to be. I was standing taller than I normally would at the end of the day when I was done, and my torso/core/whatever you want to call it felt pleasantly worked out. I even felt a little taller all day today. I thought the prop changes were smooth and allowed enough time to set up without missing anything. I liked Tamela as an instructor and can't wait to see her again in the KickButt workouts. I loved the music. II had done Weights First on Monday, and FlexPosture was the perfect next-day workout for me. I think it'll be a great fit with the rest of the workouts, because they do appear to be designed to complement each other.

I did Metaboost today (previewed it last night), and I really enjoyed it, too. It flows well, the prop changes are smooth, the music is great, and IMHO Heidi really shines. There were some interesting twists on standard exercises. I even did the curtsy dips, although I didn't do a deep curtsy. Loved the drag dips! It wasn't a major sweatfest, but I did need a shower when I was done, and I definitely felt like I'd had a good workout.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 09:19 AM  
SassyGirl
VF Supporter

I did Flexposture this morning and enjoyed it as well. It's not super intense...but that's probably because it's mostly pilates and yoga with some cardio segments and light weights mixed in. One thing I will say for sure...the music is BETTER THAN EVER in these new ones. I didn't think they could outdo the old FitPrime music, but I think they actually have!

I think Flexposture would be the perfect workout to do on the day after a really tough strength workout where you want to work out, but feel a little run down and don't have the stamina to do something really tough. Tamela is excellent in this video, although she is VERY serious and doesn't smile at all until the very end when she signs off.

I can't wait to get the 12 pack. I am just happy as a clam about these workouts.
Old 03-17-05, 09:37 AM  
Kathy
VF Supporter

Help "Unconfuse" Me Please

I ordered the Fitprime 6-pack from WHFN and am supposed to receive Steamin Cardio/Push Pull from Amazon today. I "thought" the Kickbutt workouts are remakes of some of the original Fitprime workouts--but that the new Fitprime workouts were all new workouts. From the initial reviews, it appears that Flex Posture is a remake of one of Anna's "Just Right" workouts....is that true??? I know I already bought it but I'm just trying to understand what I actually ordered (spoken like a true Vidiot).

Thanks!

kathy
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 11:10 AM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

I haven't received my MB/FP yet, but once I do I'll compare the new FlexPosture to the old one. I had it very briefly, and did it once, so I might be able to tell you if it's new or a remake.

I think so few people got the Just Right FlexPosture that it might as well be new! It was very odd with Anna Benson leading -- she used some strange cues that just didn't line up with the exercises you were actually doing.

Hopefully my package will arrive today!

Gwynn F.
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 11:31 AM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

I did Metaboost yesterday!

I found it very fun! I think the pace is a bit slower than the norm. Having said that, I did get a good workout and I am excited about these new workouts. So much so in fact, that I plan to do them all week. They are fun and good workouts, but it doesn't feel like drudgery. IMO, "the magic is back". I've done Steamin Cardio + Metaboost and I thouroghly enjoyed them, as I would an old style Firm. Beautiful music, beautiful production, crazy neo-greek-princess set. The way the exercises were organized was classic Firm. Some of the exercises themselves are updated with a "FitPrime v.1" flair, yet they do not go so much in that alternative direction as to exclude those who may not have enjoyed the first set of Fit Primes, due to some of the more unusual moves, or things they would do (yoga in the middle of the workout, or going barefoot for the whole workout).
I fet like I was in old-school but new-style firm heaven doing the workouts. I look forward to collecting more of them and I hope I enjoy the others as much as I enjoyed these two (both Heidi's).

“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must first set yourself on fire.”
- Reggie Leach

“A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting” - Unknown
"I caught myself cheating! Shame on me!" - Cathe
*pet*art*girl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 12:31 PM  
bobbysgirl

I have the original Flexposture. I have done it a number of times and like it. I have ordered the Metaboost/Flexposture DVD but haven't recieved it yet. From looking at the previews at WHFN I can tell that there is quite a bit of difference. The original doesn't use any weights, I don't think there is any cardio and it is shorter than the new one. I can see myself using both of these videos at differnet times and I plan to keep both of them.
Susan
bobbysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 12:42 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

I did Metaboost this morning and really enjoyed it as well. I think the intensity is similar to FIRM Maximum Body Shaping (the tri-trainer one with Tracie Long); maybe a slight notch below. I was able to "go heavy" which I would advise if you want to work your muscles, especially your upper body. There aren't that many sets for the each upper body group -- I think bicpes and triceps get 3 each, the rest get 2 (with only one for the back). If you use slightly heavier weight than normal in the "four-limbed" sections, you can get some extra burn there too. Those sections move slowly so it's possible.

Heidi is wonderful in this workout -- poised, smiling but not overly perky; gives excellent pointers and looks lovely. I was happy to work out with someone who actually looks like a woman about my age, is fit, but is clearly not a fitness pro 24/7. Not that I mind that (I love Cathe workouts), but it was a nice change of pace. She looks "real" to me and I prefer her to the current incarnation of her "Crosstrainer" counterpart from days of yore (Pam Cauthen) who I want to send a care package to.

As others have mentioned there are some nice twists on conventional exercises -- plies squats with one leg on the tall box that make the workout seem fresh. I felt energized after it; it's wasn't uber-tough for me, but a solid workout.

One more thing; the colors on these new workouts are really vibrant! This one is a bit more calm because the colors are deep (reds), but Steamin' Cardio looks like it was filmed in Technicolor -- I get the feeling it will be like working out to a Doris Day movie. But oddly, I enjoy it.

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 07:41 PM  
MommyO

Does it matter.....

what size yoga blocks you use for these videos? I don't have any yoga blocks right now, so I'll have to purchase some. I see Gaiam is having a nice sale on oversized blocks. But a great deal could turn into a waste of money if I can't use oversize blocks with these workouts!

Can anyone who has done these workouts help me?

TIA!!

Angela
MommyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 08:34 PM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

Angela, the size of blocks don't matter. they're used for one arm/hand raised during push ups, and for thigh squeezes. you could substitute something else if you wanted. A pillow and book are used in the video by modifiers. Use whatever you have.

“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must first set yourself on fire.”
- Reggie Leach

“A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting” - Unknown
"I caught myself cheating! Shame on me!" - Cathe
*pet*art*girl* is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tamela hastie, whfn