Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-28-05, 07:36 PM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie Stout
Well, I've been pulling a GR and I've been watching the clips quite a bit.
hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmis29
I was a bit disappointed with one of Keli's clips (I believe it was Floor Burn). I've always really liked Keli, she's a great instructor, full of form tips and just a natural. I felt like she was very stiff and scripted, typical of most Firm workouts, IMHO.
Yeah...Keli's were kind of boring to me...It won't stop me from ordering the whole shebang, though :rolleyes:
GymRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-05, 07:36 PM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Question help...confused here ....

Sorry to ask this naive question but I have not followed the FitPrime/KickButt story till the announcement of the clips up and then of course like them...
U keep on mentioning U recognise the old workouts or things like ***Heidi's Push-Pull (which was originally From the Ground Up). *** so I am confused..

are these - or some are - remakes of the old FP ? if it is true, just the fitprime series or also the kickbutt one ? which are remakes ?

Thanks guys !!!
Old 01-28-05, 08:29 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by editstein
Sorry to ask this naive question but I have not followed the FitPrime/KickButt story till the announcement of the clips up and then of course like them...
U keep on mentioning U recognise the old workouts or things like ***Heidi's Push-Pull (which was originally From the Ground Up). *** so I am confused..

are these - or some are - remakes of the old FP ? if it is true, just the fitprime series or also the kickbutt one ? which are remakes ?

Thanks guys !!!
The Kickbutts are pretty much re-makes of the six older FitPrimes of the same name. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I read that Anna said that some of the sequencing is different but that the Kickbutts are basically "cut from the same cloth" as the old FP's.
Old 01-28-05, 08:36 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

The KickButts are slightly changed-up versions of the old FitPrimes. They are definitely tough, for the seasoned exerciser.

The FitPrimes are designed for those "in the prime of life" (over 35) and are MOSTLY new material.

I'm with tmrclvlnd:

Quote:
I JUST went ahead and ordered them. Funny thing is, I was never tempted by the old FitPrime, I've never even been tempted by TLPs but for some reason, these really appealed to me.
That's exactly how I feel, tmrclvlnd!! I got a couple of the old FitPrimes and was 1) somewhat intimidated and 2) not too impressed (and if I dare say, 3, don't connect well with Tracie! BAD vidiot girl I am!).

But these just look lovely. I especially like the look of the FitPrimes. Yes, they are intermediate, which is JUST FINE with me!! I find that as I get older, I can keep my cardio intensity up just as well as ever but when it comes to strength I tend to get more owies and I just need to MOVE MORE SLOWLY. It seems I've injured myself (or nearly so) more often by SPEED than anything else. So I appreciate the pace of the FitPrimes.

If I could afford to order all 12 I would, but I really can't. So I'll get the FitPrimes.

Wonder what the price will be after the intro special?
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-05, 08:38 PM  
cmiyachi

I'm not purchasing these workouts. I don't need remakes no matter how great they look - I have a budget. I think the FitPrimes look more interesting but not enough for me to buy them.

I thought Tamela teaching of FloorBurn, one of my favs, looked good since she has a Pilates background.

I was considering buying them just to trade them - because they are pretty inexpensive.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-05, 08:59 PM  
MRM

I'm not either

And I jump on every bandwagon.

These are beyond horrible.
MRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-05, 11:01 PM  
Baballou

I am totally captivated by the clips! Isn't it amazing to finally see Narty speak??? For *this* Firm Believer, this is a dream come true.

Quote:
DISCLOSURE: I DO NOT have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. However, I would be more than happy to have such a relationship, especially if it involves free videos!.
Baballou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-05, 11:59 PM  
Michelle Easton

What?!!!

Narty speaks???!!!!! Cool.
Michelle Easton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-05, 06:48 AM  
SassyGirl
VF Supporter

These workouts look awesome to me! I can't wait to get them.
Old 01-29-05, 08:48 AM  
Baballou

There is also an article on the forum (under "fitness nuggets") that addresses the "mishmash" comments voiced here at videofitness. today is a happy day!

Quote:
DISCLOSURE: I DO NOT have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. However, I would be more than happy to have such a relationship, especially if it involves free videos!.
Baballou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitprime, tamela hastie, whfn