Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-02-05, 10:44 PM  
Canuckitty

Has anyone actually phoned the 1-800 number on the website and pre-ordered the 6 Fitprime titles that will be released in Feb? If so, what was your total with shipping?
Canuckitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-05, 11:03 PM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda
Keli Roberts and she looks awesome on the covers! Uh-oh ...... If these are Good Times (are they?) maybe they'll eventually go retail! One can always hope, right?
No, they're not GoodTimes.
Old 01-03-05, 12:08 AM  
lizi

I've been out of the fitprime loop for a while - are these workouts the old ones with new covers ala Firm style packaging? Or are they actually new? Any clips anywhere?

Thanks,
Liz
lizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 01:05 AM  
Videophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand
No not in the least.

I checked out the site, and here at the Kick Butt titles.

Strong Bear
Fast Cheetah
Crunch Time
Floor Burn
Push Pull
Steamin' Cardio

They look pretty familiar, don't they.
It was posted on fitprime.com some time ago that 6 vids would be remakes of old FitPrimes due to a deadline that prevented them from making all new workouts. However, there are brand new ones coming out in February at

http://www.whfn.com/fitprime.php

They are "scientifically balanced for women over 35!"

ETA: If you tried the link and it didn't work, it's O.K. now.

ETA again: I also remember Anna saying that even tho' 6 are remakes, they've updated them so they are not exactly like the old ones. I don't remember the exact words she used and the post willl be hard to find.

Nancy
Videophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 01:45 AM  
LCC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda
Keli Roberts and she looks awesome on the covers! Uh-oh ...... If these are Good Times (are they?) maybe they'll eventually go retail! One can always hope, right?
If you say so...at first glance I couldn't even tell Keli was one of the people on the covers. Oh-no...she's been Stepford-ized! And, if that's supposed to be her on the flex posture one...well...I'm pretty sure if I posed like that in public, they'd call a chiropractor and/or an undertaker to try to save me.

The odd thing is, I was really looking forward to these, but now I think I'll wait and see.

I was kind of hoping they were just sort of loosely based on the originals, but now I'm thinking verbatim rerun. Don't know why. I haven't even seen the infomercial yet.

Maybe if I see it, I'll feel differently. Did they show a lot of workout clips during the infomercial?

Laura (LCC)
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 01:46 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I'm happy they're finally getting off the ground, but I do wish they would have remembered their loyal Fitprimers by giving them the heads up on their website before the first infomercial airing. Disclosure here: I was not a Fitprime angel so this doesn't affect me personally, but I know that many of you were, and I think AB has often taken all of you for granted.

OTOH, I agree with Mandy. Keli Roberts and the Firm are a dream team for me. I used to rotate her Ultimate Circuit workout in with my classic Firms. I don't care if they're recycled Fitprimes. If they have good leads and good production values I'll be a very happy camper.
Old 01-03-05, 02:57 AM  
Videophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCC
I was kind of hoping they were just sort of loosely based on the originals, but now I'm thinking verbatim rerun. Maybe if I see it, I'll feel differently. Did they show a lot of workout clips during the infomercial?
(LCC)
Anna said they are not verbatim; that they are different enough to be interesting. Several of the threads where she described them have been deleted so I e-mailed her and asked for more details as to how they are different. I'm waiting for the ones that will come out in February as they are supposed to be geared to the exercisers over 35.

Nancy
Videophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 05:27 AM  
Dabbadooey

Didn't I read somewhere that in the remade ones, the ball work was removed???
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 07:00 AM  
Fitness Mouse
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchenlabs
I don't remember ball work in the later FitPrimes?
I must admit that it looks good, even though the KickButt are recycled. I was hoping they'd be more 'recycled material' like 'Firm Parts' used to be, same choreography, but sequenced differently, but seeing those titles, my guess is that they aren't.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Fitness Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 07:01 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchenlabs
That is what I had read as well. Anna indicated that the sequencing of the original workouts was changed also.

For whatever reason, I am not excited about these workouts at all. Guess I'll wait until they are out. The date for the infomercial set is February anyway so it will be a bit. Why do they air infomercials early when then product is not completely ready? Remember Grace Lazenby, Hollywood Trainer? Yikes!
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitprime, keli roberts