Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-02-21, 08:02 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Pilates Cross-Trainers SEPTEMBER 2021

Good morning!

Starting us off in September. Thankfully, fall is right around the corner!

Workout Hotel 9/1/21 LIVE Class - 48min. Very creative workout as usual. It consisted of 15m of cardio, 15m of strength and 15m of mobility. Some moves were kind of awkward but I modified and they actually felt good afterwards. Time flew by. September challenge starts on the 6th and I plan to try my best to finish it. If I do, it will be the first for me.

Hope everyone is doing well. Carol, such a relief that your dog is doing better. It's heartbreaking when I furry friends are ailing.

Waves to all!
Old 09-02-21, 10:53 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Just checking in for the new month!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 07:36 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the late reply here today!

We got a lot of rain yesterday but we didn't have any flooding - thankfully - and today it was gorgeous -sunny, warm, low humidity!

I have a lot of stuff going on at work - none of it is good and all of which is making me count the days to retirement.

Today's workouts were:

Prevention Fit in 10 - Lower body section and Total body section
Prevention Flat Belly Yoga - Bonus Section
Outdoor walk w/ Golden and DD

I enjoyed the Prevention workouts for a change of pace.

Thanks for starting us off Dana!

Waves, Beth!

Take care -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 08:07 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Sweaty Stair Workout - 25 minutes

I don't have stairs in my house, but I managed to use my various steps to make a 2 step staircase and for the most part that worked just fine. One of the exercises was not possible using my setup, but I could have done it on the floor, I was just too lazy to do that. I did work up a sweat and I would do this workout again in the future.

Nice job, Donna!

Dana - I suppose Karen's September challenge is just for folks who pay for her streaming?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 09:07 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post

Dana - I suppose Karen's September challenge is just for folks who pay for her streaming?

Carol
Hi Carol, yes it appears so. Other than the Thursday and Saturday workouts which are shorter and appear to be available to everyone on youtube, the rest of the workouts appear to be *unlisted*. As you've mentioned before, the majority of her paid workouts are longer and that's good and bad as far as I'm concerned. I really enjoy Karen's workouts but I'm not sure that I want to do longer (45-58min) workout 4-5 days per week. So, I think I will have to modify the September challenge somehow to suit my needs. I do like working out with Karen though!
Old 09-02-21, 10:37 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

I’d like to join in if that’s okay. I’m working on rehab from a chronic hip issue and I want to include more Pilates mat work in my regime. I saw my PT yesterday, had an IMS treatment and he gave me exercises to do. I’m doing a month trial to yourpilatesphysio.com. It seems pretty good, lots of variety at an affordable price. If I like it, I’ll do a year sub.

Today’s offerings, I’m into stringing several short workouts together:
~30 min program on the recumbent stationary bike
~PT exercises
~Barre3: 10 min upper body
~Your Pilates Physio: Height Increase practice
~MELT: Upper body focus

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 05:44 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Welcome Pam! We are a pretty eclectic group - pilates isn't always our focus, but we usually work our way back around to it. Hope you mend quickly!

I hadn't seen the pilates streaming site you mentioned before. A couple of us here use Jessica Valant's streaming - she is a physical therapist here in the US and often takes a PT approach in her videos.

Carol
Old 09-03-21, 05:51 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Hi Carol, yes it appears so. Other than the Thursday and Saturday workouts which are shorter and appear to be available to everyone on youtube, the rest of the workouts appear to be *unlisted*. As you've mentioned before, the majority of her paid workouts are longer and that's good and bad as far as I'm concerned. I really enjoy Karen's workouts but I'm not sure that I want to do longer (45-58min) workout 4-5 days per week. So, I think I will have to modify the September challenge somehow to suit my needs. I do like working out with Karen though!
That's how I felt with her streaming. 30 minutes is really about my max.

Carol
Old 09-03-21, 06:05 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were:

Walk at Home - Walk Run Lift - Burn: Walk Run Lift 20 minute workout - 20 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Full Body Stretch - 14 minutes

Jessica's calendar called for a 20 minute walk and I figured a Leslie workout would fit the bill. I liked this one a lot - I've decided I like all of the Walk Run Lift workouts - I would like them better though if there was more lifting. It was led by Brittany.

The calendar also suggested a 10 Minute Hamstring stretch, but I figured that would be a little dangerous at this point. Jessica's Gentle Full Body Stretch was very nice.

Carol
Old 09-03-21, 06:52 PM  
fanofladyvols

Welcome, Pam! I'm sorry to hear about your hip. Is it anything in particular that seems to aggravate the condition?

Donna counting the days to your retirement isn't a great feeling. Is it very close? I hope there are some things you can find ways to relieve stress in some way.

Carol good for you making the calendar work for you.

Dana it's funny but I can string workouts together to have a total workout time that ends up being an hour. But man, I shy away from workouts that are longer than 45 minutes. I think 45 min is my max for any one workout.

Hi Brenda and Beth!!

So took a couple of days of only foam rolling. Felt good so went for a hike today that was 4 miles and felt great. No issues whatsoever. It was a trail that wasn't as rocky and had some stretches that were flat. Weather was flat out gorgeous and not humid. Fall is approaching

Happy Saturday wishes!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad