Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-15-21, 08:51 AM  
sherry7899

Has anyone done rotations of Team Body Project

I am attempting to complete a rotation on team body project. I am actually combing two rotations. I am doing them on alternate days. They are Pure Strength and Pure Cardio. I will add yoga each day. I am alternating rotations because the way most of their rotations are laid out do not work for me. I cannot use weights multiple days in a row. Pure Cardio is a week longer than Pure Strength so I will figure something out for that last week. It will take a long time to finish this, but I want to see if I can actually complete a rotation and if it helps with results to stick to one. I know the "d" word makes the most difference. I am working on that.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-21, 08:46 AM  
cyana

Having confessed to being a Chronic Rotation Failure on the recent thread in G.D., I suspect having the wisdom to do something like this to honor my body's limitations earlier on would've resulted in far more successes. That's what I get for being a hard head.

Perhaps during the last week sub in several of your favorites from the Pure Strength work-outs?

Good luck, Sherry. I really appreciate you introducing me to TBP, as I enjoy their work-outs.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-21, 08:57 AM  
sherry7899

Cyana, I have never finished a rotation unless yoga sadhanas count! I sort of wish I had picked easier plans, but I can modify as needed. I will update when I hopefully finish. Thanks for the idea about the strength workouts. I am glad you are enjoying their workouts.

Old 08-17-21, 10:26 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

The only rotations I have completed in recent memory are a couple of 2 week long Real Start programs on the Team Body Project site. 2 weeks is my sweet spot, I think

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-21, 12:27 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I looked at some of the TBP rotations a while back. Most of them seemed like overtraining to me.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-21, 12:47 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I looked at some of the TBP rotations a while back. Most of them seemed like overtraining to me.
I could not do them as written. I need more space between strength training, and I need two rest days a week. I usually do yoga on those days in addition to doing most other days of the week. I can't do cardio/strength six days a week.

Old 08-17-21, 12:48 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
The only rotations I have completed in recent memory are a couple of 2 week long Real Start programs on the Team Body Project site. 2 weeks is my sweet spot, I think
That is probably my sweet spot also. Two week transformation looks like a good one.

Old 08-17-21, 01:08 PM  
sherry7899

I also will not do punches while holding weights. That is dangerous for my shoulders.

Old 08-18-21, 10:04 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

I had a subscription to TBP for a couple of months and completed a few of their programs like Real Start, Real Start 2 etc. I really like their personalities and length of the workouts. I did feel like I was using weights too many days in a row and at the same time not really using HEAVY weights to build muscle. The tempo was just too fast for heavy lifting. Hope that makes sense? I would prefer a program where there are splits or leg day, arm day & total body day and then fill in with cardio/yoga etc on the off days.
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 10:28 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
I had a subscription to TBP for a couple of months and completed a few of their programs like Real Start, Real Start 2 etc. I really like their personalities and length of the workouts. I did feel like I was using weights too many days in a row and at the same time not really using HEAVY weights to build muscle. The tempo was just too fast for heavy lifting. Hope that makes sense? I would prefer a program where there are splits or leg day, arm day & total body day and then fill in with cardio/yoga etc on the off days.
Alex has workouts called "Isolations" that focus on separate body parts. She also has new workouts that are functional fitness.

I have to do slow weight lifting. That is why I am careful about picking workouts and I preview them first.

Tags
team body project, teambodyproject