Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-19, 10:14 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Susan, that's so cool!

I turn 51 next month. I work at a college, so I see a lot of young people! I teach yoga on campus, and that is rewarding in many ways. But it's also gratifying to see a young person come in who looks fit by appearance but who can't do simple yoga postures with good form, from squatting in chair pose to holding a balance in tree pose. I might not be a super-bendy IG yoga teacher, but I can do those things!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-19, 02:15 PM  
Sara1000

So does the 20 year-old work out regularly or is being 20 her only claim to fitness?
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-19, 03:01 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

No, she's just young. But she is interested in working out now! Interestingly, when I was in my mid-twenties, I went to a jazzercise class and all the participants were, like I am now, slightly overweight middle-aged women. I was young and thin and thought I would kick their butt.

But THEY KICKED MINE for sure! Oh my gosh; I was almost throwing up and they were prancing around like nobody's business. Wow, it made such an impression on me that here I am, 30 years later, still working out.

So she is likewise shocked and appalled and ready to start working out, and so we did a little tutorial on pushup progression (from wall pushups to high countertop pushups to bench level pushups, etc.) I would not be surprised if this is not the beginning of good things for her! She's an ecto like I am and I tell ya what, in their natural unexercised states, ectos are SO WEAK it's appalling. We really HAVE to do our strength training!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-19, 04:59 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
I would not be surprised if this is not the beginning of good things for her! She's an ecto like I am and I tell ya what, in their natural unexercised states, ectos are SO WEAK it's appalling. We really HAVE to do our strength training!
I really hope it gets her started on a lifelong fitness program!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inspiration