Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-25-16, 08:48 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

If I have Barlates "Total Body Flow with Bands" do I need "Resista-Barre"?

Now that Linda Woolridge's DVDs are on sale at TotalFitnessDVDs this week, I am eyeing her Resista-Barre Total Body Workout.

But I already have her Total Body Flow with Bands DVD.

How are these different? I like how TBF is shorter (from her Barlates Blitz series). But I could skip segments or reps on RB if I'm short on time.

What do you guys think? $11.95 seems like a steal. All of her recent sales omitted this one.
Old 05-25-16, 09:26 PM  
horusosiris

I think that that both workouts are sufficiently varied enough to warrant having both. The Total Body Flow With Bands workout has a more "stretchy" feel (to me) than Resist-Barre Total Body. Both are excellent workouts and have I have done each of them several times and enjoy the workouts each time that I do them.

Here is a clip of Total Body Flow with Bands https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDj4-g50Ju0
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-16, 09:45 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Bummer that Mary doesn't have Total Body Flow with Bands.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-16, 10:34 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I think that that both workouts are sufficiently varied enough to warrant having both. The Total Body Flow With Bands workout has a more "stretchy" feel (to me) than Resist-Barre Total Body. Both are excellent workouts and have I have done each of them several times and enjoy the workouts each time that I do them.

Here is a clip of Total Body Flow with Bands https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDj4-g50Ju0
I literally just bought 3 this morning. I missed this one. Darn it!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-16, 06:05 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I went on Barlates download buying binge about 1.5 year ago, and I just bought 4 new ones last night. Now I can pick 2 as freebies. This one looks really good, and if I don't already have it, I'll definitely get it as one of the freebies. Thankfully I kept a list of all my Barlates downloads, and it's an extensive one! Linda is so prolific and generous. She's Australian Jessica Smith!

ETA: Yep, I already have it. Looks like my buying binge was just barely a year ago. April - June of last year. I think I'll have to peruse the workouts she's released after June 2015 because I pretty much bought everything else prior to that.
Old 06-15-16, 01:09 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Just wanted to say that I recently got Resista-Barre Total Body Workout in a trade. I selected the first option on the menu, which provides the entire workout (95 min) however, I stopped it during the 3rd segment (UB) for about a 26 min workout. after a 6 min w/u, it automatically goes to the next segment, which was Legs (9 min?) w/band. UB uses the band.

I'm guessing had I continued, it would alternate between UB and LB.

yowza! - talk about high rep with the bands! it was very intense, but enjoyable! the time flew by.

I had 3 of my resistance bands at the ready:
1 low resistance band for the w/u
1 tied together to form a loop for LB
1 long one for UB

any reviews on Total Body Flow with Bands?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-16, 08:50 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I got my Total Body Flow with Bands yesterday, but I don't know when I'll get to it.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates