Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-16, 05:07 PM  
horusosiris

I have done 4 of the segments so far - inner thigh, upper body, glutes and abs. My inner thighs were quivering from the inner thigh segment and the ab segment was tougher when I did it than it seemed on preview.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-16, 05:09 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
So I just did the warm-up and the three leg segments (glutes, inner thighs, and outer thighs), and LOVE these! Linda is just so creative with her exercises, and being on the wall added a whole new twist to the exercises. If you like Barlates, you need this one for sure!
Can't wait till its on DVD!!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-16, 05:17 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle K View Post
Thanks Leeanne to hear another rave! Has anyone ever done Balance Sculpt??
No, what is Balance Sculpt? It sounds intriguing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Can't wait till its on DVD!!!
Mary's website says it will be out late February or early March.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-16, 06:07 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
No, what is Balance Sculpt? It sounds intriguing!

Mary's website says it will be out late February or early March.
I have Balance Sculpt and did it when I got it originally so my memory is very murky at this point but I'm sure I liked it. I think it's a total body workout that's about 31 minutes long.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-16, 06:26 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle K View Post
Thanks Leeanne to hear another rave! Has anyone ever done Balance Sculpt??
I have done balance sculpt twice. It is a 31 minute workout in which the exercises are done with a balance challenge. Linda uses a 2 lbs dumbbells. I felt my core really working hard in this workout. As with all of the Barlates workouts that I have done, I liked it and it was an effective and fun balance challenge workout.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-16, 07:06 PM  
LeanneM

Oh, thanks, Bee and horusosiris! I didn't realize it was a Barlates workout. I'll have to look into getting it!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-16, 09:53 PM  
momofcha

I need to do more of these!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-16, 11:31 AM  
carres1973

I like the looks of this workout from the clip. I don't like as much the sound quality. It sounds like it "echos" around the room. It seems like on her other workouts, she is using an "on person" mic, but maybe this one she didn't? For anyone who has done the workout, how is the sound?

Thanks!
Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-16, 11:58 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
I like the looks of this workout from the clip. I don't like as much the sound quality. It sounds like it "echos" around the room. It seems like on her other workouts, she is using an "on person" mic, but maybe this one she didn't? For anyone who has done the workout, how is the sound?

Thanks!
Carrie
Hi Carrie,

The downloads are a little echoey but definitely not distracting, to me at least. When I think of a big echo problem I think of Ballet Body Total Body DVD with Leah which is very echoey and distracting, although I don't let that keep me from enjoying that workout too. But in comparison this Barlates workout is not bad at all. HTH!
Old 02-15-16, 12:04 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
I'll have trouble finding a place to do this one, but will definitely make it work since I love Linda's stuff. When I saw her announcement about it, it made me think of one of the Squeeze workouts; I forget if it's on Squeeze or Squeeze Stronger, but one of them has a segment on the wall that is just killer!
Hi Leanne,

I totally bought this download bundle for the wall bridge series. It also made me think of Squeeze (the wall bridge section is on the original Squeeze DVD) and agree that one is killer, and is much shorter than the Barlates version! I did the Barlates one yesterday (15 minutes) and not only was it a great glute and hamstring workout, it was also tough for my inner thighs. I just loved it! I fretted it might not be hard enough since I've been doing TONS of standing barre lately, but this was a loud message to me that mat work is so complimentary and works you differently, and I need to do it more. It prompted me to get Linda's other bridge workouts.

BTW I LOVE your reviews on Amazon! I've read tons of them and they've been very helpful so thank you!

Tags
barlates, linda wooldridge