Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-15, 11:12 PM  
lorajc

Barlates? Why So Good?

I've seen manyh mentions that these are well liked. What is so good about them?? And wouldi like the workouts from her website?? As I don't really prefer split routines like the ones on 'arys site.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 08:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Check out her free offerings on Youtube. Some are previews and some are full workouts.

Linda has a flow that appeals, an instructive and calm demeanor. Her manner and progressions just seem intelligent to me. I have only previewed and have not yet physically tried a workout but just from watching those previews, plan to incorporate her workouts in 2016.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 09:25 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I am someone who normally likes to work my lower body with standing work and heavier weights. I've tried barre multiple times in the past but never enjoyed it or found it very effective. I would sometimes use the dvds I had for recovery weeks but that was about it.

Linda's Barlates routines were completely different. She actually made me like floor work and I find her workouts VERY effective! I actually get DOMS from her stuff. In fact, I'm feeling some nice DOMS in my glutes, thighs and hamstrings from her Barre Ball Blast dvd I did the other day. She is really good at working muscle overload, i.e. doing more than your muscle wants to using single leg work rather than constantly alternating the working leg.

She also chapters her dvds really well so you can pick and choose segments you want to do, which also makes it easy to use them as add ons to other workouts if you wish. Her demeanor is calm and encouraging. She reminds me of Cathe in some respects that way.
Old 12-31-15, 10:10 AM  
slockhart

I just got her Resista-Barre Total Body DVD and the Interval Barre Fusion 3 DVD package for Christmas. I have only done the lower body workout so far, but have previewed the rest. I love barre so I was very excited to get these. I love her style of using the timer! I was very nicely sore from the lower body workout. I can't wait to do the others!! I find her to be a very good instructor and her choice of exercises to be awesome. And of course, I love any workout that makes me sore! lol I know these are going to be my new obsession.
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 10:26 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat turned me on to her free YouTube workouts; I was planning to try them today. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGm...smXgnnsmfF95PA

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 11:03 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I tried the Barlates Core one. I like the instructor very much. But, she goes way too fast for me. My knees were sore the next day. I'd have to do this workout half-time next time!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 01:04 PM  
jb1586

Love her workouts!

I have consistently been doing her YouTube workouts for several weeks. They are doable, enjoyable, and the time flies by. I definitely see changes in my legs and arms--more toned and defined. I'm very happy with my results, and these workouts (and the number of free workouts is daunting, in a good way).
jb1586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 01:23 PM  
hotncmom

OK, I've been enabled and I'm joining the bandwagon

ETA: I just did my first YouTube workout and I really liked it! Just the right amount of challenge, # of reps, and variety of exercises. I've been kind of bored lately and this is just the ticket to start the new year off. I'll probably alternate with yoga.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 02:38 PM  
lorajc

Are the workouts she sells on her site good?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 04:13 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Her latest DVD is really good-- Fusion Mat. It has 4-5 segments around 15 minutes each
plus premixes.
I've done quite a few of her YouTube videos too. She is a very pleasant instructor.

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, linda wooldridge