Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-15, 05:04 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Do you do one pretty much every day? Lower body one that is.
Sue- I try to do a Barlates lower focused workout at least five days per week. I try to alternate workouts that have different foci (inner thighs, hamstrings, glutes, quads etc). I also include one of her cardio lower body focused toning workouts such as Lower Cardio Interval Tone 50, Cardio Tone 30/10 or Cardio Tone 45/30.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-15, 05:22 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Well this thread made me look. I've never been a straight ahead barre fan as in P57 or Leah Sarago's stuff. Boring as watching paint dry and I can't do the releve stuff due to a history of foot surgery.

But browsing her YouTube channel, I liked her presence and the variety of moves. So today I did the 28 minute "Total Body Compound Moves" and yowza! Does she ever pack a lot into a short time. I had to stop a couple of times because my HR was up there. I also started with 3 lbs and had to drop to 2. But I realy enjoyed the workout, as much as you can while working hard.

I'll be doing more, thanks VF. For the zillionth time.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-15, 08:58 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I pretty much use Barlates for my lower body workouts (I do occasionally throw in some Cathe lower body workouts, Hamelin and Pure Barre). I have many of Linda's workouts so I rotate them each week. Honestly, I like all of them. I have seen the most improvement in the definition and muscle tone of my quads and inner thighs.

You could try: Ultimate Inner Thigh, Barre Tucks Foldovers, Micro and Iso Lower Mat, Ballet Thigh Blast, Barre and Floor Leg Raises, Ankle Weight Butt Sculptor, Cardio Interval tone 45/30, Reverse Pyramid Upper, Twisting Abs, Chiseled Core Abs. I could name lots more because I have found that all of her workouts are good.
Quote:
Sue- I try to do a Barlates lower focused workout at least five days per week. I try to alternate workouts that have different foci (inner thighs, hamstrings, glutes, quads etc). I also include one of her cardio lower body focused toning workouts such as Lower Cardio Interval Tone 50, Cardio Tone 30/10 or Cardio Tone 45/30.
Thanks so much, Horusosiris! This is all so helpful! I really like how you can mix and match her workouts, and will give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R View Post

But browsing her YouTube channel, I liked her presence and the variety of moves. So today I did the 28 minute "Total Body Compound Moves" and yowza! Does she ever pack a lot into a short time. I had to stop a couple of times because my HR was up there. I also started with 3 lbs and had to drop to 2. But I realy enjoyed the workout, as much as you can while working hard.

I'll be doing more, thanks VF. For the zillionth time.
I know what you mean -- she really packs a solid, fun workout into a short amount of time!

Yes, thanks to all the VFers who recommended these workouts!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-15, 07:45 AM  
Rhonda

Are these workouts all on her youtube channel or on the DVDs? They sound interesting and I am not a barre fan so would like to check them out and see if I like them.

How long are the workouts?
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-15, 07:56 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Are these workouts all on her youtube channel or on the DVDs? They sound interesting and I am not a barre fan so would like to check them out and see if I like them.

How long are the workouts?
Rhonda, she has a ton of free workouts on YouTube, and you can also purchase many others for $4 AUS on her website. She also have five DVDs out. I have her first two DVDs, and just bought 15 downloads.

If you buy downloads, she'll give you a discount bundle if you email her:

http://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/wo...dy-blitz-faqs/

Her workouts range from about 18-40 minutes. They're all great, even the free YouTube ones!
Old 11-10-15, 09:01 AM  
muffins135

Oh my goodness….I looked at the list of her downloads. How does one even decide where to start? I am not tech savvy at all … is it tough to download a workout and then sync to your iPad?
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-15, 09:54 AM  
LeanneM

I'm not sure how to get them onto an iPad, but I downloaded them and then put them onto a USB drive, which I can use on my DVD player in my workout area. I think that you can just download them to your iPad, though, and play them with QuickTime. The files are pretty huge, so just be prepared for that.

I know -- she has so much content that it can be a bit overwhelming! I just went through the preview clips, and used those and the reviews here and on her site to help me pick out 15 that looked good. I have a feeling that I'll eventually get them all!
Old 11-10-15, 06:18 PM  
michl43

Hi, are the DVD workouts easier / less intense than her YouTube or barlates website free workouts? I tried the free ones and they are a little to intense for me.
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-15, 06:27 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by michl43 View Post
Hi, are the DVD workouts easier / less intense than her YouTube or barlates website free workouts? I tried the free ones and they are a little to intense for me.

I feel that the Barlates DVD workouts are about the same intensity as the free workouts on Youtube.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-15, 06:59 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
I feel that the Barlates DVD workouts are about the same intensity as the free workouts on Youtube.
I agree. I have some of her DVDs, and I also purchased a lot of her downloads. They seem to be the same intensity as her free youtube workouts. Tough little workouts!

Tags
barlates, barlates downloads, barlates results, linda wooldridge