Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-20-15, 10:47 AM  
upperwside

I love Barlates!!

I just got all of the Barlates DVD's that Totalfitness had. I love them and really like Linda. I did 3 workouts from the 3 DVD set. One core one upper and one lower. I had fun.. got a nice burn and felt very happy and nicely worked out after in a gentle way. I will mix her stuff with my heavy weights and KB for a nice balance. Cannot wait to try the ball one and the band one too!! I have never found barre/fusion stuff much fun.. except I do like the DreamBody workouts.. but like the pace of Linda's better. Hope she comes out with more DVD's!!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 11:43 AM  
PhyllisG

Glad to hear you like them. Mine are out for delivery. I had doubts after I ordered and tried to cancel but it was too late. Good thing!
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-15, 09:42 AM  
LeanneM

I've been doing segments from YouTube and her first two DVDs and just love her and her style! It reminds me of Dream Body, but more do-able and less frenetic. I've been holding off on ordering the three new ones, but am about to cave on them.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-15, 10:57 AM  
AnMrsDe

Love how her black kitty is roaming around during some workouts!

I love Linda, too!! I do have her Resist-a-barre Total Body dvd (a goodie!), but I've also been enjoying her freebies on YT. I like that I can play my own music in the background while the burn is ever so prevalent, LOL!

She just seems so sincere in her personality and I love her demeanor. A huge plus for me is that she uses a wide variety of athletic-type exercises instead of true barre type exercises which my knees appreciate. And I like how I can do HiiT workouts barefoot if I want!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-15, 11:14 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
I love Linda, too!! I do have her Resist-a-barre Total Body dvd (a goodie!), but I've also been enjoying her freebies on YT. I like that I can play my own music in the background while the burn is ever so prevalent, LOL!

She just seems so sincere in her personality and I love her demeanor. A huge plus for me is that she uses a wide variety of athletic-type exercises instead of true barre type exercises which my knees appreciate. And I like how I can do HiiT workouts barefoot if I want!
x2 with all this! I love her calm demeanor. She is warm, encouraging and engaging without all that over the top personality shenanigans that you get with so many dvd instructors. She reminds me of Cathe in that way. Her athletic twist on barre and pilates is perfect! My knees have no issues doing her workouts whereas with other barre workouts I either have knee pain or I just plain wasn't feeling it. She totally works the muscles to fatigue, right up to the point that I don't think I'll be able to do another rep, then she switches what she is doing. She overloads the muscle perfectly, which is the key to results!

I also bought many of her downloads recently. I have loved all of her lower body work. The only download I didn't love was an abdominal one with the resistance loop. I didn't feel like it worked me that much.
Old 11-08-15, 11:22 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I am going to check out her YouTube channel!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-15, 11:32 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
I also bought many of her downloads recently. I have loved all of her lower body work. The only download I didn't love was an abdominal one with the resistance loop. I didn't feel like it worked me that much.
Colleen, you had recommended Linda to me on another thread, and I just wanted to thank you! I just LOVE her workouts! I had been a bit burnt out on Tonique and Dream Body, and these are perfect fusion-style workouts that are just great! I love Linda as an instructor!

For those of you who play your own music, what do you listen to? Would something like the "dance cardio" station on Pandora work? Thanks!
Old 11-08-15, 12:22 PM  
MARIKA

I can't say enough about these either, I'm officially obsessed with them. I just emailed her to about bridge work, and she said she just filmed a pure bridge workout that we can download soon. I can actually say she is my favorite barre instructor ever! I do something of hers everyday.
Old 11-08-15, 12:27 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I can't say enough about these either, I'm officially obsessed with them. I just emailed her to about bridge work, and she said she just filmed a pure bridge workout that we can download soon. I can actually say she is my favorite barre instructor ever! I do something of hers everyday.
I've become obsessed with her workouts, too!

That just makes my day that she has a pure bridge workout coming soon! Yay!
Old 11-08-15, 08:33 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post

For those of you who play your own music, what do you listen to? Would something like the "dance cardio" station on Pandora work? Thanks!
For me, I just like having some background music and not necessarily much syncing of bpm's with the reps of the pulses, LOL! When doing one of her workouts today, it was Maroon 5.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, barlates downloads, barlates results, linda wooldridge