Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-13, 09:56 PM  
RachelW

Which Cathe's for toning up and slimming down?

I have a bunch of Cathe workouts starting with STS up through her new ones which are on their way. I haven't been doing anything consistently lately and want to trim up for a vacation in 6 weeks. What would be better to focus on in your opinion? I really enjoyed STS but never finished it so I don't know the end results I would have with it. I have a very busy schedule so I'm thinking three to four days a week is all I will be able to manage to work out. Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 09-20-13, 09:51 AM  
mspina

I really love the more metabolic/circuit style workouts that include both cardio/strength for this. Some of her older workouts like High Step Training, Low Impact Circuit, Drill Max, Boot Camp, or newer ones like Supercuts, Afterburn, Athletic Training, etc.

I also find these super fun myself, so easy to stick with. And could be perfect for your schedule, if you can do 3-4 of these / week, plenty of rest time between each workout and you'll get 3-4 cardio/strength days in combo.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-13, 10:12 AM  
RachelW

Thanks Michelle! I have the newer ones you mentioned from the LIS. I did enjoy them. I will have to give them another try. They will probably fit nicely with her new ones too. 😀
Old 09-20-13, 10:26 AM  
clerkin11

I agree with the workouts Michelle listed. Both the older ones and the newer ones. For me, her circuit and metabolic workouts are her best and I've had good luck toning up and slimming down with them.
My favorites are High Step Challenge, Athletic Training, Afterburn, Cardio Supersets, To the Max, Crossfire, Cardio Leg Blast.
I prefer low impact workouts, so I tend to modify her high impact ones to be low impact (and I modify for a bad wrist and shoulder), but I still get great results.
I was seeing the best results doing 2 circuit/metabolic workouts a week and mixing in other cardio and strength.
I'm excited for her new Flex Train workout because I think that will fit the bill too (the preview for that workout reminds me of a slim series workout).
Good luck!!
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote