Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-12, 10:48 AM  
SpiritSong

Is anyone else a virgin collector?

I really didn't think I had a problem until I just made a list of the DVDs I bought in 2012 (32) and checked off how many I had actually done (and just starting the workout doesn't count), which is about eight.

EIGHT! Or 1/4 of my purchases.

I started a few others (about 6), but the rest are untouched virgins. And some DVDs have multiple workouts, so that makes the number of undone workouts climb even higher.

To my credit, I have slowed my purchasing way down since blowing through most of my slow-buy budget in the first six months of 2012, but that is sure a whole lot of workouts being unused. Is anyone else this bad??
Old 10-02-12, 11:09 AM  
ElisaB

me! I haven't been buying a lot, but considering that the vast majority of my current collection consists of workouts I have only viewed and never actually done, I probably shoulnd't be buying anything

“You don't have to be perfect to be AMAZING
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 11:16 AM  
pattyd0319

I have to admit I'm guilty of this even for entire systems to include Ripped 60, Metrx180 (have done 1 workout), Body Beast, Tapout and Cardio Karate. I really should hold off on buying anything for a long while.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 11:20 AM  
Indy

I'll admit that this has been happening to me with a little more frequency. I think I got Squeeze Stronger for Christmas and just let it sit - I wasn't even excited to try it. I did though - once. I got a as many Evolution workouts as I wanted because I didn't think I could get them anymore. I'm sure I haven't done them all but I'm not really sure how many that is.

Usually, I get something and it is KILLING ME not to pop it in and do it immediately. Now - not so much. I also find that if I think a workout is too long I don't want to do it. Right now - an hour seems like an eternity and that was my staple for years - an hour - anything else I didn't think it was worth my time. I got Cathe's LIS series and I'm positive I haven't done the entire workout of any of them - I try to find premixes that are shorter.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 11:46 AM  
mrsyancy

me, me and me again....i have so many unused workouts and systems....my husband told me that he thinks this may be why i'm not getting the results that i want b/c i have too much to choose from....i was getting better results when i didn't have so much(sigh)......i think there probably could be some truth to that....but i choose not to listen at this time b/c there is still more that i want...hahahahahaha
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 11:55 AM  
BunnyHop

The title of this thread is completely hilarious.

On any other board? Probably kind of odd.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 12:05 PM  
txfitmom

I have a lot of workouts never done, way more than 32, you don't want to know how many! Some I have had for years and still have not tried them, saving them for just the right fitness need!

I have a lot more fitness DVDs that I have either only done once or only use one small segment from the workout. I have this bad habit of trying a workout, really liking it, then getting distracted by other workouts, so months or even years will go by before I even get to do the workout I liked again. I know it makes absolutely no sense.

I also sometimes feel the need to complete a collection. For example, it was a better deal to buy the complete Jari Love sets than individually so now I have all of her workouts, but I really only need 2 or 3. I keep them because I never know when I might want to do a Jari Love rotation.

Other systems and workouts that I have that fit into this might someday want to do a rotation: Melt It Off with Mitch, BBL, Resist-A-Ball Workouts, Gilad LOTA, Tracey Staehle and Amy Bento strength workouts, and Tae Bo. I really don't use any of them on a regular basis, not even close, but I cannot part with them because they are different genres that I might need if I am bored and I get exercise ADD a lot.

On another note, I was just browsing Mary's site and thinking about ordering something new since the 10 Minute solution workouts are on sale and so I can do a 10 Minute Solution rotation, spoken like a true vidiot!!
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 12:18 PM  
DeanneW3

Yeah! I am not alone!!

Love this thread! It is sad how many virgin wo's there are in my collection. I read something on here from all of you enablers and I have to check it out, which means I have to buy it. I too have systems that I have only done 1 or 2 dvds from them. Plus numerous new ones sitting on my shelves unopened. Yet here I sit perusing the trade list still. I am so glad to know there are other people out there with this same "problem." On the up side of this, I did do 4 new wo's this morning. I always feel better about buying more when I make an effort to try the new ones.
DeanneW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 12:33 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Even though I have slowed down my buying quite a bit (not completely of course) and have embraced trading somewhat, I still have an embarrassing amount of virgins in my collection. I may have everyone beat though with this one, two Charlene Prickett, two Tae Bo and a Gin Miller VHS -- still in shrinkwrap!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 04:23 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Yes, I'm a virgin collector too. Let's not get into how many. Sigh.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vidiocy