Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-12, 12:36 AM  
NotThatGirl

It definitely does, they seem really sincere in their emails to you. I don't know how you turned into the messenger either but I'm glad your here to offer some updates and info, thanks again so much

Lara
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 12:58 AM  
Vee

Ann - Thank you. I am looking forward to the previews of Short & Sweet, even though I am sure I will buy.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 01:13 AM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

Oooh, a VF discount!

"Hit you up for shipping"? How silly - they charged me the same $4.95 shipping & handling to Israel for the 2 older DVDs that were on sale (Yoga Basics & Yoga Evolution) that they charge in the US! BTW thank you to the VFer who posted about that sale. If I order the big set, I'm sure they'll charge a reasonable shipping rate - an amount of money similar to what the post office actually charges, like Mary.

About the packaging - not all VFers agree on this, but I'm fine with minimal packaging, as long as the DVDs are protected. Takes up less space.
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 01:21 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
I’m interested as well in Travis Eliot’s Foundations and Cross Training DVDs on sale at Amazon. I wanted to verify that Cross Training was indeed from Travis and also that it was not just a repackaged Cross Training from the UY set. I emailed UY’s customer service and got a response shortly after. I still had more questions which I emailed and got a lengthy response by the end of the day. What great customer service! Thanks Jason!

I’m sharing Jason’s responses here:

“Thank you for your interest and support. There does seem to be confusion with what amazon is listing as available products at this point in time. We are trying to get that worked out with them.

Yoga Cross Training is one of the classes that is a part of the Ultimate Yogi boxed set. It is a completely different class as far as production goes. It was shot independently and is a different version then the one in the UY set. The intention here was for individuals to be able to experience the teaching style and quality of class and provide an intermediate step for those who may have been considering whether or not the Ultimate Yogi was for them. There is a group version of Yoga HardCore that is included with the individual Cross Training DVD.

Glad to hear of your purchase of Yoga Foundations and please let me know if I have answered your question satisfactorily. I'm here if you need anything.”

I still wasn’t sure that Cross Training was a completely different DVD. Someday I’ll probably want to buy the UY set and I didn’t want to buy the exact same DVD twice. I now had a question about HardCore and also wanted to know the status of Short and Sweet so I emailed again and got the following:

“Just to let you know . . . . there are just 3 of us here at Udaya working round the clock to try and make sure our little production company survives long enough for us to get our vision and all the great yoga teachers we would like to showcase and share with the world out there. In my head I have had Travis's full line out there and available for everyone to enjoy months ago. That is not the reality and everything is taking much longer then I would have liked. Working with distributors like amazon has complicated things and bit and I hate to tell you that their having the foundation and cross training available now and at those prices is a terrible mistake that I am at a loss now to even know how to address. I am at this very moment working on pages on the website that will hopefully begin to clear up some of the confusion. I can tell you that all the products will be available on the ultimate yogi website from us directly way before anyone else will be able to get our products to the public. As much as I love all you guys at the VFF you spread info and excitement like wild fire and I am very sad that this blunder with amazon may have reached and affected so many so quickly and will perhaps leave many disappointed rather then excited with our new titles and the prices. All that being said . . . to address your real questions.

There is a Cross Training class that Travis put together to be part of the Ulitmate Yogi experience. This is the same series of sequences and is the exact same class from that stand point. Now if you have ever been in a yoga studio with your favorite teacher you know that each class has it's own energy and life. Although this is the same set of sequences this was a separate taping of the class and it has a lighter and more playful feel then the version of the class that is in the UY box set. So . . . same class but different version. The yoga hardCORE that accompanies yoga CT is a longer and slower version of what is found on the UY box set. This version has Travis teaching a group of four students and he really makes them work for it. Also very light and fun . . . for such a muscle burning ab work out. The version of yoga hardCORE found on the UY box set is a version of Travis doing the routine solo with him also doing the voice over. Again, same sequence but a different version.

The Yoga Cross Training package is meant to stand on it's own. Many people like you are very curious about the UY 108 and find it a little expensive to just buy on a whim. What better way to find out if you are going to enjoy that much time with Travis then to be able to get a very affordable baby step into the whole UY experience. This way if anyone who enjoys the Yoga CT experience and decides to move onto the Ultimate Yogi they will know with confidence that they are getting 6 more great power yoga classes along with Yin and Gentle and . . . all the other unique and interesting sequences that Travis has brought together in that program.

Now Short and Sweet . . . . I have it all edited and am working on the music now. I really hope to have this one ready for you all very soon.

Another day has gotten away from me . . . but I promise to send you directly the links to Cross Training and Short and Sweet with the movie previews that I will have up on the UY site either later today or tomorrow and you can post and share them with the rest of the folks on the Video Fitness Forum. You all have been so great and kind to us while also being very critical and honest. We all appreciate your input and extensive shared experience with all the products out there that you bring into your discussions and daily life.

Well, he sure answered my questions and really impressed me with his customer service. I look forward to these new products. I’ll pass on the links he mentioned when I get them.

Ann
This appears to be the e-mail that people here have interpreted to mean that Amazon made a mistake with pricing too low, but I don't interpret the e-mail that way. It is ambiguous and it seems to me that Jason is saying that Amazon's main mistake is in the availability of the workouts.

If the retail price is $14.98, then the pre-order price of $10.49 is not out of the ordinary. Also, if Travis's company is offering a 25% discount, then the price is $11.24, which is close to the Amazon price.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 05:18 AM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
It looks like Amazon was absolutely correct about the retail prices on the two DVDs, as the UY site is selling them for $14.98 each plus shipping.

Given the $14.98 "full retail" price, I think the Amazon pre-order price of $10.49 is an average discount, and I wouldn't doubt that the price will dip even lower a few weeks after the DVDs are released.

I definitely don't see anything at all controversial about the Amazon price, so I have to wonder what the big problem was. All I can think was that perhaps the problem wasn't with Amazon, but with a distributor who sold the DVDs to Amazon. I can't imagine UY being upset with Amazon for selling the DVDs at the $10.49 price, now that we know for sure that the retail price is only $14.98 -- and I'm sure UY knows that Amazon discounts fitness DVDs, so the price couldn't have come as much of a surprise.
Actually Foundations is $19.98 on the UY web page. I ordered Foundations as soon as I saw it on the UY web page last night and then saw the discount this morning. I just sent them an email asking about it.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 06:03 AM  
herya

Wow, this is a wealth of information. Thank you Ann and, if you're reading it, Jason.

I will be putting in a preorder (through UY) for Yoga Foundations. Cross Training I already have in the form of Crosstrain, and Yoga SAS is of lesser interest as I love the one hour class format. I think that especially with the code Cross Training is now an excellent option for everyone who is on the fence about UY. I was in this position myself and would have loved to have it before I took the plunge - it turned out fine but you never know in advance!

What I would like to know is what are UY team's plans for levels 2 and 4 in the new set? They are not going to be filled by SAS, it's a separate thing, am I correct?
Old 06-07-12, 06:09 AM  
flamingoo

So is anyone ordering Crosstrain who already owns 108? I kind of still want it! Do I need it? Probably not, but I want anything Travis puts out. I'm also thinking of ordering Foundations to deepen my understanding of the poses. I have a sister who's going through a lot right now, so if it doesn't benefit me- she surely will benefit from it
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 06:53 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post

Okay, working fast so there are bound to be more mistakes . . . like the back of the cross training box, hahaha Oooops. Thank you all again for quality control with that one. I won't be announcing the other products until Monday of next week so please be kind with other mistakes you find and I'm sure I should have everything ironed out by then with your help.

Ann
Um, was I unkind when I pointed out the typo? I just asked because I wasn't sure I was seeing it right.

If the first two are already off to the duplicators, will it still be August before they're ready to ship?
Old 06-07-12, 07:06 AM  
herya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Um, was I unkind when I pointed out the typo? Ijust asked because I wasn't sure I was seeing it right.

If the first two are already off to the duplicators, will it still be August before they're ready to ship?
UY store says "Shipping July 14th 2012" for both.
Old 06-07-12, 07:12 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by herya View Post
UY store says "Shipping July 14th 2012" for both.
Ah, I hadn't been to the store. I was going on what was reported in this thread.

Are these pressed? I was thinking some people originally had some trouble with some of them?

Tags
travis eliot, travis elliot, yoga foundations