Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-24-09, 04:06 PM  
GeminiGLB

The Original FitPrime that Heidi Tanner did...

Are there two versions, one called "From the Ground Up" and one called "FTGU"? I can't find either on Anna's site or YouTube channel. And are they DVD-R or DVD?

I'd like to 'wish' for this one, but I'm not sure how to phrase it in my Wish list, since I can't find much information about it...

Thanks!
~GLB
GeminiGLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-09, 07:42 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

I have From the Ground Up and Crunch Time on one DVD called "Mix and Match Set 1". This was one of the original FitPrime releases and I don't think it's available now. I don't know if it was ever released as a DVD-R - mine is pressed. I'm pretty sure FTGU is just the acronym for From the Ground Up.

Push Pull from the WHFN Kickbutt series is the remake of From the Ground Up. It's been a while since I've done either one so I can't remember the differences, except that Kimberly Spreen teaches the aerobics segments in the remake.

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-09, 12:25 AM  
baileybird
VF Supporter

Since that workout was done again and renamed Kickbutt Push Pull, I'd look for that title. At the beginning of the workout, Heidi even says "from the ground up" a couple of times. Kimberly Spreen does the cardio sections and is really great too.
baileybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-09, 04:21 AM  
MuscleGuy

If you do get a chance to get hold of the original "Mix & Match" DVD, go for it.....it's great!

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-09, 08:36 AM  
GeminiGLB

Thanks, Adam, it sounds like that will be my evil plan! Gotta ask one more question about FTGU vs Push Pull:

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileybird View Post
Since that workout was done again and renamed Kickbutt Push Pull, I'd look for that title. At the beginning of the workout, Heidi even says "from the ground up" a couple of times. Kimberly Spreen does the cardio sections and is really great too.
So, are you saying that some/all of the segments from FTGU have been re-incorported into Push Pull? Is it the original footage from that odd claustrophobic FitPrime set, or did Heidi just re-record her segments in the mansion setting?

*Where's that Firm compendium? Did this FitPrime info make it in there?*
GeminiGLB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitprime, from the ground up, heidi tanner