Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-05-09, 07:33 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Uh Oh - I've Been Watching Clips

So, I was on Anna Benson's site watching a clip of Original Crunch Time before I order. Have I been living under a rock? What are all those other FitPrime workouts? KickButts, Keli Roberts workouts, etc. The original Firm set?

I think I remember seeing threads about all of these workouts ages ago, but I must have ignored them. Oh no, I need some of these workouts - but I'm surely not going to pay $22.95 plus shipping for them. Amazon, YaYas, eBay - here I come! Plus, I need to read the VF reviews.

So - in response to some other threads --- I managed to avoid the FitPrime bandwagon, but I don't think I'll be able to dodge the bullet now
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 07:37 AM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Joni- PM me. I have a whole bunch of these on DVD that I hardly ever use. I'd be more then willing to lend them to you so that you can try them out before you buy!

Don't want you wasting your money and doing a "Joni-O", if you don't like these as much as you thought....

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Clare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 07:58 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Joni

I have Kickbutt Steamin Cardio you can have with a SASE (it is an extra copy). Just let me know!

Enjoy the workouts, these are really fun!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 08:52 AM  
Bebop

Joni - I have some on VHS - the film quality is not up to the classics. IMHO - Susan's original is the best. They are okay workouts but not must haves.

Anyone who loves them - don't slam me - just my opinion.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 08:55 AM  
antbuko

Joni, I have a bunch of the Kickbutt DVDs and I don't care for them at all. I'll be posting a new swap list this weekend. I see them on the exchange often so I don't think you'll have to shell out any money for these. Oh, and if you get them in a trade, as far as I'm concerned you've successfully dodged a bullet.
Old 06-05-09, 12:08 PM  
F1mom

Joni, I got most of my original FitPrimes (on VHS), KickButts and new FitPrimes from SASE or trading, and I'm eternally grateful to all the vidiots out there who stockpile stuff.

The few I ended up buying I got from amazon.com for way less than the website. The original FitPrimes also show up on eBay in groups from time to time and you can score a great deal that way.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 12:20 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I have a bunch of original FitPrime DVDs I got for free from another VFer a long time ago. I think I tried each of them once. They are just too, err, "creative" for me. I haven't unloaded them because I want to give them another try sometime.

Joni, check out the VF reviews before you do anything rash!

http://www.videofitness.com/instructors/fitprime.php

ETA: Especially, Liz N's reviews which go in to form problems.

POSTURE CHECK!

Last edited by Vintage VFer; 06-05-09 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Clarification
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 12:26 PM  
MuscleGuy

I don't know about any of the KickButts or WHFNs but I think the original FitPrimes are awesome workouts, particularly:

Strong Bear - Tracie Long
Fast Cheetah - Tracie Long
Crunch Time - Susan Harris
From The Ground Up - Heidi Tanner
Weights First - Tracie Long

I know that some people think they are a bit 'strange' but their quirkiness is appealing to me personally.

Are you asking about the originals, Joni......or the newer ones?

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 12:38 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

The ones I liked the most from WHFN were the ones with Kimberly Spreen and Heidi Tanner. I think it was Fast Cheetah and Steamin Cardio. I appreciate the creativity-but some of the moves seemed so silly--like the "duck squats", etc.

I do think the original Fitprimes were more intense--the production quality lacking, though.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 12:49 PM  
TinaT

I think the WHFN Series are some of the most creative Anna has produced and I think I can say without any controversy... that the quality of production on these have set a standard of how a workout should look in reference to clarity, sound and over all feel. She really out did herself with these. Her earlier version of the Original Fitprimes are much harder, but the quality is not as high. Still good though. Love, love, love the music she selected in the majority of her work.

You can find them on the swaps. Amazon is a bit high in price IMO. You really get alot from Anna in either the Original Fitprimes or the WHFN Series. Please note that some of the WHFN Series are re-makes of the Original Fitprimes but with different instructors, set, and some exercise were changed or taken out to lower the difficulty of the overall routine. You can tell by the fact that the names are shared between to the two versions. Like Strong Bear with Tracie is also Strong Bear with Keli Roberts. So do your homework. Personally, I love the WHFN Series best, but could find a place for the originals as well.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anna benson, fitprime, kickbutt