Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-30-08, 09:48 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga
Thanks for posting this---it really illustrates the greed and lack of customer service. A customer who buys more is actually penalized with media mail. Priority flat rate boxes are provided by USPS (at no cost) for less than what Anna charged. There is no excuse for charging so much for media mail.
Yeah, that !
Old 11-30-08, 10:25 PM  
dnna

In all of my purchases and with one problem that I had with an order Anna Benson went far beyond what would have been expected for a business person, interfacing for me with a supplier and offering a full refund ( with no return of the wedge that had a tear requested)_ I really appreciate how she helped me resolve the issue. I have had no bad experiences with FitnessFavorites and the shipping rates are clearly stated- no problem if you don't want to order.Complaining about high shipping cost after you ordered is a different issue than saying someone is greedy and ripping you off. The rates are clearly stated on the site.You have the option of buying or not due to high shipping. I think we all have had that issue- myself with the Firm Wave shipping, for instance. also, I personally don't order from ebay because of the high shipping ( and risk of dups).
Just my 2cents, my experience with Anna was very positive.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 10:38 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetteb
... I think that sometimes people who write negative reports have some issues in their life that is projected on reviews.
I'm not certain what you're trying to imply with this remark. None of the less than positive reviews I've seen in this thread seem problematically emotional, poorly thought out, or written in a hasty temper, but I kind of wonder what your motivations are in returning to this thread over and over. Don't you think the fact that you keep returning to this thread to post the same information says something about you?

Well articulated negative reviews have an important place in the scheme of things. Life is sometimes messy, and it's useful to know when businesses goof up. If their mistakes are corrected, so much the better. If not, that's useful information too, and customers and potential customers have the right to know what's going on. That's why forums like this exist.

Business owners don't have the right to prevent their customers from discussing problems they've experienced with other people. Would they bother trying to persuade you not to contact the BBB?? That's potentially far more problematic for them.

The fact that a business owner would try to be that controlling says quite a lot about their world view, wouldn't you agree?
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 10:52 PM  
dnna

I think it would be illuminating if we could hear both sides of the "do not discuss this call " problem. It seems really strange to me- I don't want to make a decision on a person's business practice without a clear understanding of what exactly was said.
Especially since I have been treated so fair and square, and even better than that by Anna Benson

This thread got very negative quickly and the fact of the matter is one poster did not read the information about shipping charges.
I hate shipping charges too. So I decide whether to buy or not to buy-

well, I hope my wrist improves so I can work out tomorrow. Hope you all have a good workout day.
Donna
Old 11-30-08, 10:56 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna
In all of my purchases and with one problem that I had with an order Anna Benson went far beyond what would have been expected for a business person, interfacing for me with a supplier and offering a full refund ( with no return of the wedge that had a tear requested)_ I really appreciate how she helped me resolve the issue. I have had no bad experiences with FitnessFavorites and the shipping rates are clearly stated- no problem if you don't want to order.Complaining about high shipping cost after you ordered is a different issue than saying someone is greedy and ripping you off. The rates are clearly stated on the site.You have the option of buying or not due to high shipping. I think we all have had that issue- myself with the Firm Wave shipping, for instance. also, I personally don't order from ebay because of the high shipping ( and risk of dups).
Just my 2cents, my experience with Anna was very positive.
Actually, in the OP's post the rates were not clear nor were they made clear to her when she repeatedly requested to be told what the cost would be to her.
Old 11-30-08, 11:19 PM  
dnna

Hi Melissa,
Inbedding in this now very long and kind of heated thread was a poster who misunderstood the shipping charges. I was not referring to the original poster. It was stated on Anna site that they would try to mail the dvd and you could request a full refund if dissatisfied. So that seems like excellent customer service. The original poster and Anna could not seem to agree on how to handle the shipping charge- how to authorize the charges-
I certainly have gotten upset at shipping charges and customer service and I know it is all to easy to post about it- I just want to say my experience was wonderful and Anna did MORE than what would be expected.
I think if I started a thread - Anna Benson's customer service is wonderful - if that would generate five pages...... well certainly I have felt PISSED off about stuff too. Mostly that my wrist is Killing me.
Donna
Old 11-30-08, 11:42 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna
Hi Melissa,
Inbedding in this now very long and kind of heated thread was a poster who misunderstood the shipping charges. I was not referring to the original poster. It was stated on Anna site that they would try to mail the dvd and you could request a full refund if dissatisfied. So that seems like excellent customer service. The original poster and Anna could not seem to agree on how to handle the shipping charge- how to authorize the charges-
I certainly have gotten upset at shipping charges and customer service and I know it is all to easy to post about it- I just want to say my experience was wonderful and Anna did MORE than what would be expected.
I think if I started a thread - Anna Benson's customer service is wonderful - if that would generate five pages...... well certainly I have felt PISSED off about stuff too. Mostly that my wrist is Killing me.
Donna
That's not really excellent customer service at all. That's, "I don't want to be bothered with you. Begone !"
Old 12-01-08, 12:05 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm not defending Anna or her actions. However, this didn't sit right with me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquel13
...I email her to tell her about the Flat Rate envelope and authorize her to charge $4 extra. I also tell her that if it will be more than $4, I need to know the exact amount and why.
Yes I understand why Raquel wrote that email but I do believe Anna was within her rights in replying that she (Anna) is responsible for determining her company's shipping & handling costs. (Truthfully, If I were a business owner, I'm not sure I would appreciate a customer telling me what I should charge them for shipping, and if not, account for why.) Let's face it - some companies just charge their costs, some mark up a little and some a lot. Whatever; that's their prerogative and it's ours to accept those terms or not. It's also good business manners and appropriate to offer a customer the right to cancel their order if they are not happy with the terms being offered. I don't see that as telling anyone to "eff off" at all.

Anna is not trying to be your friend (obviously! ) but conduct business. Some people are bunny rabbits, as my mom likes to say. Anna is no bunny rabbit, to put it lightly, lol. But I don't believe her intent was to be rude or try to get rid of her customers.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-08, 12:56 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Anna Benson, in all of her numerous business ventures, has always given me the creeps!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-08, 03:13 AM  
Hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetteb
In today's economy most people would prefer a cheaper rate to mail dvds. No one else has complained. As far as overseas and Canada, I know it is more expensive because I have traded dvds with several VFers. Which in the general scheme of things being a true vidiot that I am, I didn't mind the expense because I really wanted the trade. <snip>

So I don't believe that Anna would do anything to upset her clients and customers.
Most CUSTOMERS would certainly appreciate cheaper shipping charges. What they don't appreciate is being CHARGED for more expensive options and then receiving cheaper ones, while the VENDOR pockets the difference. I believe this is what Edie is complaining about.

My experiences *purchasing* from Anna Benson have always been good, but I've had some *strange* e-mail exchanges with her as well. I sort of chalked it up to catching her on a bad day, but I could see how she could really upset people if it was one of her days.

Are the people who run businesses human? Yes. But the customer is always right (even when they're wrong). Arguing just makes the problem worse, while diplomacy and smoothing ruffled feathers goes a long way. Expecting customers to keep quiet about their dissatisfaction is naive, and asking them to keep quiet about it is like waving a red rag at a bull...

Through all the sagas over the years I always got the impression that AB and MH's strong suits were making workouts, not customer relations.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anna benson, bad customer service, fitprime