Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-30-08, 08:22 PM  
edieuchida

Hi Annette-

I appreciate your post. Yes, maybe I should have made a note to have my package sent Priority Mail. I just assumed that I was paying for Priority Shipping, since the shipping was $11.99. 5 dvds can easily fit in a Flat Rate Priority Box for $9.00. I didn't think she would try to make money on shipping by charging me $11.99 and then sending it to me, the cheapest and slowest way possible - Media Mail.

If she really wanted to make it right she could at least have offered to refund some of the shipping costs. Especially since I purchased 5 dvds that totaled almost $115.00. Seems she doesn't really want my business.
edieuchida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 08:24 PM  
annetteb

6. Q. I DO NOT LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES. CAN I ORDER YOUR WORKOUTS?
A. If you live ouside the USA, TeamFitFaves will try to ship your order. If we cannot, your money will be refunded. However, additional shipping fees will be charged to your credit card, based on the cost of USPS air mail. Delivery times longer. International orders must be paid with a USA bank credit card, of the Fitness Favorites Shipping Cart.. PayPal payments will not be accepted on International Orders.

7. Q. HOW WILL MY ORDER BE SHIPPED TO ME?
A. Orders are shipped via United States First Class Mail (single DVD orders) or Postal Service Media Mail (single VHS or multiple DVD orders). Estimated delivery time within the Continental United States is about 7-10 business days after your order is placed.

http://www.fitnessfavorites.com/faq.php
Old 11-30-08, 08:27 PM  
Pippa

I agree 1000% with Taiga and Dawn. I would also add that this isn't some sort of confidential, personal matter. This is a business matter. If Edie and Anna had some personal issue I would agree with the idea that it should be kept private but this isn't personal.

Asking a customer to not discuss an issue they've had with someone's business just seems wrong on so many levels to me. I'm sure no r/etailer wants negative experiences to get out but to go so far as to ask the customer to not discuss it? I mean, it is the customer's business too and they have every right to discuss whatever they want about their own experiences. It's not as if someone was relaying something they heard 3rd hand...this is Edie's experience and her discussing it with all of us is useful.

I also don't see that Anna sent any type of *confidential* email nor was any email posted. What Anna asked was that Edie not discuss her experience with ordering from Anna on a public forum. And that's just wrong.
Old 11-30-08, 08:31 PM  
edieuchida

Yes, I guess, I shouldn't have assumed. I was just so excited to get the Classics, I missed that. That being said, $11.99 is outrageous for Media Mail and I won't be giving my money to her again. I've got all the Firms I need.

She probably did not want me to go public because she knows $11.99 is outrageous for Media Mail.
Old 11-30-08, 08:31 PM  
Richie

USPS makes it very, very easy for anyone anywhere in the world to work out postage costs from the US to just about anywhere!
http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatep...lculatepostage
I'm a foreigner and I can figure out exactly what something will cost and the time frame it'll take to reach me so why can't someone within the States?!
I am staggered that some companies seem to make such heavy weather of something so incredibly simple.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 08:35 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetteb
A. If you live ouside the USA, TeamFitFaves will try to ship your order. If we cannot, your money will be refunded. However, additional shipping fees will be charged to your credit card, based on the cost of USPS air mail. Delivery times longer. International orders must be paid with a USA bank credit card, of the Fitness Favorites Shipping Cart.. PayPal payments will not be accepted on International Orders.

A. Orders are shipped via United States First Class Mail (single DVD orders) or Postal Service Media Mail (single VHS or multiple DVD orders). Estimated delivery time within the Continental United States is about 7-10 business days after your order is placed.
Thanks for posting this---it really illustrates the greed and lack of customer service. A customer who buys more is actually penalized with media mail. Priority flat rate boxes are provided by USPS (at no cost) for less than what Anna charged. There is no excuse for charging so much for media mail.
Old 11-30-08, 08:43 PM  
edieuchida

Thank you, Taiga.

Media Mail takes even longer to get to Hawaii. More like three to four weeks. I was so bummed, I wanted to start a Firm rotation like last week! You know how important that is to a vidiot??!!!

I just got Hot yoga and planned to alternate the Hot Yoga dvds by Gabrielle and Firm every other day. That way, I am sure to get my cardio, weights and flexibility/mind training in pretty equal doses.

The shorter firm workouts or even the hour long workouts would allow me to tack on some barre segments from Squeeze Stronger, Pure Barre, Lower Body Challenge, etc., afterwards.
Old 11-30-08, 08:47 PM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

Raquel, I am glad you posted this. As part of the VF community I appreciate all of the vendor information that we share; some of it reflect stellar customer service while other experiences are not very pleasant.

Beth
Old 11-30-08, 09:43 PM  
shamrockquinn
VF Supporter

Transparency is just a fact of life for internet businesses. Forums and such are really the best and one of the only forms of consumer protection for online purchases. I know Anna's been around a long time, but the times they are a-changing. Asking a consumer not to talk is the worst thing you can do - it only exacerbates a problem. For just a couple of disputed dollars, look at all this bad publicity her company has gotten. Shortsighted, imo.
shamrockquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 09:48 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetteb

http://www.fitnessfavorites.com/faq.php
Those 2 notes make no sense for the position of the person living in Hawaii, though. The 1st Q is for someone living outside of the US. The 2nd is for somebody living in the continental US, which Hawaii is not. They are a state which is made up of a series of islands.

Tags
anna benson, bad customer service, fitprime