Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-30-08, 06:24 PM  
eastblvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by edieuchida
Okay...actually we're the 50th state, LOL!
Haha, I corrected myself!!
eastblvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 06:45 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
I ordered 5 dvds from Anna almost two weeks ago and have not received my dvds yet. I was upset and emailed her back and forth because I paid $11.99 for shipping - which is okay, BUT - she sent my dvds out by Media Mail!!! Which means I'll wait three to four weeks before the package reaches me in Hawaii.

I complained and she said she had never had a customer complain so bitterly regarding postage.
She said shipping is expensive for small businesses - I replied why is it expensive for small businesses when the customer is paying the shipping costs? I am self employed and we only charge a patient what USPS charges us.

I spent over $125 on dvds (bought the new Classics on dvds!) and she sends it out the slowest way possible to Hawaii. Go figure!

She asked me not to discuss this on any public forums, but I couldn't resist, since there are others that have had problems with her shipping methodologies. Had to vent.
Wait, she made a choice that reflects badly on her, charges you that much shipping & then sends it media mail putting YOU on the lower end of her importance spectrum, and then puts you in the place of not daring to discuss HER mistake on a public forum ? Gawd, that woman has nerve. This, among other things I've read about her here, is why I don't order from her. I wait until her stuff very eventually hits retail. If it doesn't, oh well, guess I won't be buying. You should post your experience on every message board possible !
Old 11-30-08, 06:46 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Edie, Anna shouldn't have asked you not to post about it; if that was a concern of hers, she should have done something to satisfy you so that when you did post, it would be positive.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 06:51 PM  
edieuchida

Do you think I should send this thread to her? I love Firm and would love to have more, but if she doesn't correct this, I'm not ordering from her again.

I just checked the shipping status and the last tracking was on November 21, 2008 in Richmond, CA. I emailed her today to ask her to resend my order Priority Mail, then I can refuse the original package when and if it arrives - that way it will go directly back to the return address.
edieuchida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 06:53 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Do you think I should send this thread to her? I love Firm and would love to have more, but if she doesn't correct this, I'm not ordering from her again.

I just checked the shipping status and the last tracking was on November 21, 2008 in Richmond, CA. I emailed her today to ask her to resend my order Priority Mail, then I can refuse the original package when and if it arrives - that way it will go directly back to the return address.
Yes, I'd do that. Maybe she'll do the decent thing & rectify her dishonesty & bad service towards you.
Old 11-30-08, 07:12 PM  
daisysunshine

I would. What's the worst she could do - not accept your money if you ever decided to purchase from her again?

Wow, that's risky (isn't it?). She may not send you another package - and then you refuse the first one and you won't have any... right? . As my mom would say - the very fact she asked you not to say anything means that she knows that she did something wrong (i asked her, and she was gobsmacked).

Hej - trust me I was NOT impressed (also not impressed that I couldn't find Tempo or anything like that - and I'm like, so how exactly would I have known about it if not for this website, and even then to go Oh. well to order Tempo and the other advanced workouts I have to call... what.ever.)

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 07:45 PM  
annetteb

After reading this thread and this thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...5&page=2&pp=10

I believe that for the most part, customers are happy with Anna's service, shipping and handling. There are some positive comments on this thread that I have copied and pasted as well as this thread. However, there will be a glitch or mistake or two in everything including life. With that being said, Edie, I feel if Anna had written you a confidential email, that should be between you and Anna. And not to air that info in public. Plus if you wanted them priority mail, Edie, you should have made a note on the cart order, mail order or however you ordered them.

In today's economy most people would prefer a cheaper rate to mail dvds. No one else has complained. As far as overseas and Canada, I know it is more expensive because I have traded dvds with several VFers. Which in the general scheme of things being a true vidiot that I am, I didn't mind the expense because I really wanted the trade.

For the most part I believe that Anna has done a great job of editing these workouts and for us vidiots and Firm Believer's as myself. And Anna has dedicated herself to updating these workouts from vhs to dvds. So I don't believe that Anna would do anything to upset her clients and customers.
Old 11-30-08, 07:59 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

"airing" customer service issues

Annette,
I actually appreciate Edie's posts about her customer service concerns with Anna Benson since she is currently the exclusive supplier for many classic Firms on DVD.

VF is all about uncensored customer reviews and I trust that I can come here and get trustworthy feedback about vendors I trust my business (and credit cards) with.

If you check back through VF's vendor reviews you'll find that Anna has helmed a previous company that was plagued with customer service issues - and I am one of the customers that pre-ordered two fitness videos, the release was delayed and eventually when I received my videos I did not get the titles that I pre-ordered - Anna changed her production plans without giving her "loyal" customers an opportunity to change/cancel their orders.

The fact that Anna has made personal comments to her customers about their expectations leads me to believe that she has not improved her customer service practices and I do not plan to trust her with my credit card nor my email address (my email address got released by her previous firm and I was spammed despite her confidentiality promises).

Indeed a business owner who asks a dissatisfied customer NOT to post their review comments is trying to muzzle poor customer service reports - and this smacks of a business owner who is taking business practices way too personally - and one I cannot trust to be honest in all their dealings.

Don't ask VFers to censor their feedback. If Anna has indeed turned over a new leaf (perhaps gotten some business mgt training) then her future good reviews should overwhelm any poor reviews. If Anna does not want her customers to complain or rave about her service then she needs to have her customers sign a contract to that effect when they make a purchase.
Old 11-30-08, 08:17 PM  
annetteb

I do appreciate Anna's great customer service. I wanted to finish my old/rare oop Firm collection. I didn't complain about the shipping or handling charges even though I live in Columbia. I have also order the newest releases as well, no problem at all.

I do believe that Anna does take her business seriously, otherwise Anna would not have re-leased these videos. However, I am also a believer of the 10% rule and we know how that goes.

I have read many negative and positive customer service practices on this site. I think that sometimes people who write negative reports have some issues in their life that is projected on reviews.
Old 11-30-08, 08:19 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetteb
...... With that being said, Edie, I feel if Anna had written you a confidential email, that should be between you and Anna. And not to air that info in public.....
I couldn't disagree more with this statement. The request to keep silent was inappropriate and is a clear indicator that Anna knew her actions would not be seen in a positive light. Some businesses just use shipping as an excuse to nick even more profit off the customer. That's why places like TotalFitness can charge such low prices for shipping----because they aren't trying to milk the customer. Maybe if Anna had less customers, she would just appreciate it when someone wanted to buy her product at all. I agree with Dawn totally. VF is a place where folks come to stay informed and censorship has no place here. And I would certainly never sign a contract to keep quiet---that's an open invitation to crummy business practices. I have yet to meet the product that is worth selling the right to my opinion.

Tags
anna benson, bad customer service, fitprime