Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-30-08, 01:50 PM  
Raquel13
VF Supporter

Angry Anna Benson pissed me off

I ordered G-Force 2 from Anna's site a little over a week (nine days) ago.

A few days later, I get an email from Anna saying that since international orders are more expensive to ship, they would need my authorization for them to charge me extra. Fair enough. I send her an email asking for the exact amount.

She sends me another email saying that the extra shipping would be $10-20, but she still doesn't quote an exact amount. I need to know the exact amount before authorizing, since I'm really not interested in paying $28 shipping for a $23 DVD.

So I went on USPS.com and looked up the rate for a Priority Mail International Flat Rate envelope. It's $11.95 and I already paid about $8 for shipping, so I email her to tell her about the Flat Rate envelope and authorize her to charge $4 extra. I also tell her that if it will be more than $4, I need to know the exact amount and why. I already assume it might be a little more for packing and handling and whatnot, but I just want to know how much.

She replies that I cannot determine the cost; she must determine the cost based on actual shipping, office materials and "additional labor" ('cause it's SOOO much extra work to ship international). Well, fine. Can she just tell me what it is? Nope. She says she will send me the exact amount after she gets the postal info. Really? Is it really that hard to just quote me an actual amount? Couldn't she have already gotten the postal info in the 3 days since her original email? Or is that the "additional labor" she was referring to?

She also helpfully advises that she would be more than happy to refund me if I want to cancel my order. WTH?!! Does she want my business or she politely telling me to eff off?

I just sent her a reply to forward the DVD to my friend in the U.S. (who was just about to send me a package anyway) and told her "this way I won't have to pay ridiculous shipping fees and you won't have to do all that extra labor."

Ugh! Does everyone have this much trouble dealing with Anna or am I the lucky one because I happen to live overseas?

By the way, Mary doesn't seem to have any trouble sending 3 or oh my goodness even 4! DVDs for $12 shipping.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Raquel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 01:58 PM  
spstout

Before I read that you got it solved, I was going to say, just pay me through paypal, I'll order from Anna, and ship it to you! That really is crazy. I used to own a publishing company that did lots of mail order shipping, and I don't recall international being that much different.
spstout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 02:03 PM  
Fanny

Quote:
Ugh! Does everyone have this much trouble dealing with Anna or am I the lucky one because I happen to live overseas?
She is difficult.
I think she is a snob. At least that is the impression I have gotton from people who have met her IRL. I hope it is not against the rules to say that.
Fanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 02:33 PM  
MuscleGuy

Oh no! I'm in the UK and I was going to the Hare and Tortoise workouts from her!

Oh well....thanks for the heads up, though.

Adam

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 02:34 PM  
dnna

I am sorry you had some problems in the shipping of your dvd. But I do want to say I had a problem with my wedge that I ordered from anna's site and she really helped me far and beyond what she needed to - emailing the manufactured ( who was really being...unhelpful, and it was on his end that the problem was) anna emailed him on my behalf 3-4 times and further said if he did not send me a new one whe would give me the entire refund. I can't say enough GOOD things about Anna Benson.I actually sent her a hand written thank you note! Not many internet business people would have done so much for me.
Donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 02:40 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I think this is a service we could offer a lot of Canadian and overseas VFers. They really get soaked on postage. If I owned a company, I would make it as easy as possible for international customers to place orders so I could expand my customer base, but I guess they don't see it that way.
Old 11-30-08, 02:49 PM  
cynthia42

I can easily see why you're frustrated but I also wanted to say that I had a good customer service experience with her too. She stood behind her product. I don't understand what's up with your experience, however.
cynthia42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 03:01 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Raquel, that does sound frustrating. Like others here, though, I have had very good customer service from Anna. I've spoken to her on the phone a couple of times and she was very nice. I recently ordered a DVD from her that came loose in the case and she sent another one right out to me.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 03:27 PM  
pumptmuscle

Raquel, it seems people here have had positive experiences with her. Are you sure it was Anna herself, and not a staff member, who sent the messages to you?

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 03:42 PM  
Raquel13
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptmuscle
Raquel, it seems people here have had positive experiences with her. Are you sure it was Anna herself, and not a staff member, who sent the messages to you?
All the emails I've received are signed "Anna" or "Anna Benson."

I'm glad to hear other people have had better experiences with her. Since moving to Germany, I know and expect to pay higher shipping, but I don't think it's unreasonable to want to know how much more I would be paying. I don't know why getting a simple shipping quote has to be like pulling teeth, and I really don't get why I would have to pay an extra $15 or so for "additional labor." It's the same process as shipping in the U.S., except for the customs form which takes maybe 2 minutes to fill out.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Raquel13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anna benson, bad customer service, fitprime