Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-07, 04:18 PM  
cherimac

I really need to give Anna's a try. Is it a high beginner/low intermediate one? I have it but have never done it, lol. True vidiot, huh? I also like Carissa's but don't like the hairdo either. And, I love floorwork~and it loves me~so I really like Floorburn.
Old 10-03-07, 04:49 PM  
Lulu Belle

I also have the old FitPrimes, and like them much better than the newer ones. At first I traded most of the new WHFN FitPrimes away, but then traded back for them. Right now I am expecting a baby (due on the 11th!) and I found the easier (newer) versions have worked very well during pregnancy.

Oh, and I am one of the few who liked Carissa's hair! I used to wear it that way years ago because I thought it was silly fun. Now I put my three year old daughter's hair up in those little buns!
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 05:18 PM  
sundari

I have all of them except for JAC. And that is only because of the DVD-R situation or else I would have gotten it.

I love them and there will always be a place in my rotation for them.
Old 10-03-07, 05:49 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Timely thread -- I just did Crunch Time for the first time in ages this morning! It's such a great workout -- in addition to getting in some good toning, I felt nice and stretched out. Of her older ones, I've only tried Core First and absolutely could not stand Carissa in it. Don't know why, as I like her in the FIRM workouts. Doing Crunch Time this morning has inspired me to pull out the newer Fitprimes/Kickbutts this week. They're just the thing for my state of mind right now (and I love the technicolor and Heidi too!).

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 09:39 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster
I think my first FP (several years ago) was Anna's own JustRight Weights+Cardio+Yoga; although I found it quite odd and different, I liked it, and I still have it. After that I got From the Ground Up (probably the most normal of the bunch), Fast Cheetah (another one I found odd at first; this was also my first exposure to Tracie), Steamin' Cardio (love Kelsie!), and the Crunch Time, which is my absolute favorite since it provides such a great workout in short time frame (<45 minutes).
I still have all these, plus G-Force, on dvd. Had Strong Bear but that one did seem "weird" to me. I do really like the others, though, and enjoy their freshness (i.e. "quirkyness") and their one-on-one aspect of instruction.

I don't like the WHFN remakes as well. The bright colors and superior production values aren't enough for me; the workouts seem more watered down and contrived somehow.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-07, 12:05 AM  
tltinatl

I still use Strong Bear, Crunch Time, G-Force and FTGU. I remember Cheetah and Steamin' Cardio being good workouts too. I still have those on VHS. I should pull those out and do them this weekend.

I still have Weights First and Core First. I'd like to give Weights First a try again too. Core First....maybe.

I really wish Anna would have/could have stuck to making workouts like those. Yeah, they were a little puzzling sometimes, but the net effect was a GOOD workout.

As pretty as the new FitPrimes were, I was, like a lot of other people, disappointed by the intensity level. (I bought a couple of the KBs after they became available at Borders, and they were really no better. Sold them after doing them once.)

If you heavy up and you don't use the stick, Metaboost, Pump, Upper Body Burn and even Lean can be pretty good. LBB is so bad that I've tried four times to to sell it on Amazon Market place without success. I can't make up my mind about Flex Posture. One day I'll do it and think, "That was pretty good." The next time I'll think, "What is this....mess?"
tltinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-07, 06:30 AM  
mrs lightyear

I haven't done them in ages, but I just can't get rid of them!
mrs lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-07, 05:33 PM  
LovetoFirm

I love the original Fitprimes. Steamin Cardio and Fast Cheetah are my favorites, followed by Crunch Time and FTGU. I also like Anna's 2. I have them all, but never reach for the first 3 of the set. Strong Bear leaves me with DOMS every time.
LovetoFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-07, 05:48 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wow, I didn't realize there were all these replies--I got my first thread update email just now!

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves these. However, I did do Up and Down last night, and I think I've found my FP that I don't like. Mainly it felt too "fussy" to me, like there was too much going on. I did find the cardio fun and liked the abs work, but since I enjoy the others so much more, I don't think I'll keep this one.

I think Anna's JustRight W+C+Y might be the quirkiest of them all (although I haven't tried her other one)! I know it's geared towards beginners, but I find if I heavy up on the weights, I get a great little weights workout (just wish the cardio was a bit more).

I agree about the lower intensity of Anna's newer WHFN serious; the cardio in particular seems to be lacking. However, I happened to do WHFN UBB today, and do enjoy this one--it's fun, and I can go heavier to make it harder. Plus, I noticed that Anna re-used a few of the same sequences from Up and Down!

Btw, I'm 39--does that put me in the FP age group?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-07, 06:27 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster
Wow, I didn't realize there were all these replies--I got my first thread update email just now!

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves these. However, I did do Up and Down last night, and I think I've found my FP that I don't like. Mainly it felt too "fussy" to me, like there was too much going on. I did find the cardio fun and liked the abs work, but since I enjoy the others so much more, I don't think I'll keep this one.

I think Anna's JustRight W+C+Y might be the quirkiest of them all (although I haven't tried her other one)! I know it's geared towards beginners, but I find if I heavy up on the weights, I get a great little weights workout (just wish the cardio was a bit more).

I agree about the lower intensity of Anna's newer WHFN serious; the cardio in particular seems to be lacking. However, I happened to do WHFN UBB today, and do enjoy this one--it's fun, and I can go heavier to make it harder. Plus, I noticed that Anna re-used a few of the same sequences from Up and Down!

Btw, I'm 39--does that put me in the FP age group?
Beth,

I did UBB today too~and really enjoy going heavy with it too. And, I agree about Up and Down~love JAC, didn't care for the workout at all.

Tags
fitprime