Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-05, 12:11 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Semi-Annual Reminder about OT threads

Hello everyone,

It's time for one of my semi-annual warnings that the overall number of off topic threads is getting out of hand. As you probably know, the moderators and I do not want to have to police non-controversial OT (off topic) threads. I doubt that you want me and the other moderators to change our policy and start policing OT agressively, so please take this message to heart. If you are thinking of starting a thread with OT in the title (or which should have OT in the title), please think twice. If you can't resist replying to an OT thread, please do so privately whenever possible. Thanks.

Related reminders...

Exercise, fitness and wellness issues are considered ON topic, even if they do not specifically relate to fitness videos/DVDs.

Posting personal news that you'd like to share with your fellow community members (wedding/birth announcements, relocations, etc.) is completely appropriate, but please post your news in the VFer News & Events forum.

Any beauty related question should be added to our annual Beauty Tips thread, and if separate beauty threads pop up, they will be merged with Beauty Tips. I know it's a very long thread, but you can get to the new posts only by clicking on the little arrow to the left of the thread title.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation,

Wendy

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 08-14-05, 10:42 AM  
PamelaP

As the person who actually tracks and removes OT threads after a specified amount of time, I'm taking the liberty of giving this reminder a kick up to the top. It has only been read 450-ish times thus far, so I fear many have missed it. Thanks in advance for respecting Wendy's request.
Old 08-16-05, 09:14 AM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Just another quick reminder about the OT threads. Thanks.

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Old 02-28-06, 07:34 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Time for another reminder

The overall proportion of off topic threads has once again gotten out of hand lately, so I'm bumping this reminder again.

If you are thinking of starting a thread with OT in the title (or which should have OT in the title), please think twice. If you can't resist replying to an OT thread, please do so privately by pm or email whenever possible. Thanks.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 12-01-10, 09:05 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

time for another reminder

I'm bumping this thread as a quick reminder that off topic threads are discouraged here. I don't police that unless the subject matter is controversial or otherwise outside of guidelines, but when the proportion of OT threads vs. fitness threads starts to get out of hand, I feel the need to post a reminder. It has been a while since I've needed to do that, but the overall # of OT threads has been creeping higher lately.

As I said back in my original post to this thread, fitness/wellness/health topics that are not necessarily video related are still considered ON topic here, and sharing personal news is fine if it's posted in the VFer News & Events forum.

Thanks for understanding!

Closed Thread