Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-05, 02:46 PM  
Gilda
VF Supporter

Question Cynthia Kereluk: Where can I find her videos?

Hello everyone,
I'm starting to "miss" some of the instructors I started out with. Some of you will remember Cynthia Kereluk (from Canada) who appeared on Lifetime Television here in the US ~ she used to share the weekday morning exercise slots with Denise Austin.

A dear VFer shared Vol. IV of Cynthia's VHS programs in a trade and now I'm looking for the others but can't find an online source for ordering. Any suggestions?

Smiles,
Gilda
(wondering if anyone else "misses" an instructor)

Reminder to self: Fitness, Finances, FICO
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 04:06 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

gilda,

someone has an unofficial fansite about her and an address:

http://www.starman-imaging.com/cynthia_k/home.htm

Kereluk, PO Box 75209, White Rock, BC, Canada, V4B 5L4

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 04:42 PM  
Gilda
VF Supporter

Bzar, Director of Research

Well bzar, we meet again and what a BARGAIN that is (oops, we only need that code word in the other discussion, right?)

Thank you for the link; that's what I expect from a Director of Research. I had found that site but when I saw the word "unofficial" I moved on. Since you suggested it, I went back and sent an email to "starman" asking where I can order her programs online.

Will keep you and any Cynthia fans here updated.

Smiles,
Gilda

Old 05-13-05, 10:28 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

OMG, I remember...

Cynthia Kereluk!!! I remember working out with her! Then the Firm came along and I forgot about her and Charlene...glad to have Charlene back in my life. Gilda, please keep us posted on what you learn about Ms. Kereluk! TIA!!!
Old 05-14-05, 11:19 AM  
Carol_is_fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp
Cynthia Kereluk!!! I remember working out with her! Then the Firm came along and I forgot about her and Charlene...glad to have Charlene back in my life. Gilda, please keep us posted on what you learn about Ms. Kereluk! TIA!!!
I remember one video with her as the lead and it was put out by a company with some sort of cyber-neuro-I don't know what feeling to it. They had videos out about improving your golf game and such as well. They were based on the principles of mind over matter, which is simplifying it quite a bit but that's all my brain can handle today. Anyway ... I know she was a former Miss Canada, and I remember the video was ridiculously easy and it was pre-Firm (the original ones!), and while I didn't much care for the way too easy feel of it, I remember thinking Cynthia was a very good instructor and I'd like to see her lead more advanced workouts.

If anyone finds them I hope you'll post the info here!

Carol
Old 05-16-05, 03:06 PM  
Gilda
VF Supporter

Reply from the Web site BZAR mentioned above

Here is the answer to my question about sources for Cynthia's videos:

Quote:
The simple answer is there is none! If you go to my home page you can find details of where to write at the bottom of the page.

http://www.starman-imaging.com/cynthia_k/home.htm

I have not tried writing for a while so if you get a response from the address I would appreciate confirmation it's still in operation.

Starman*
Looking for Cynthia,
Gilda
(There have to be lots of Cynthia videos out there somewhere!)

Old 05-16-05, 03:47 PM  
doskymom

As far as missing an instructor, I wish that Linda McHugh would make more workouts.
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 03:57 PM  
Gilda
VF Supporter

Doskymom, hope you're feeling better day by day.

Please say more about your Linda McHugh programs...

Smiles,
Gilda

Old 05-16-05, 04:26 PM  
PamelaP

Holy smokes

It's been a while since I searched for her videos on eBay. Sure enough, they're still going for crazy prices. Here's a link, hope it works and isn't session-specific:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/ker...Z1QQsofocusZso

Gilda, Workout IV went for $76.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 08:48 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaP
It's been a while since I searched for her videos on eBay. Sure enough, they're still going for crazy prices. Here's a link, hope it works and isn't session-specific:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/ker...Z1QQsofocusZso

Gilda, Workout IV went for $76.
I'll have to tell my sister-in-law. When I first started getting into video fitness, I asked her what video she'd like for her birthday and she asked for Cynthia. I searched high and low and finally found them on-line for $30 (which I thought was pricey, but she said she'd do this one so I thought it would be worth it because she needed the exercise with all that was going on in her life) and I don't know if she uses it anymore. Maybe it would make her realize just what she has (or she'll sell it and be able to buy something else).

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote