Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Questions about using this Forum software

Old 04-09-05, 07:43 AM  
ooty

Editing and mail

I edit my messages a lot after I post, mainly only typos...if I don't do it right away,I will never get around to doing it, but I have the urge to correct the spelling. I know people who subscribe will get an e-mail with every new post to the thread. Do they get it everytime I make a correction. I think not.

Wendy,

Forum is not 'googleable' right..I checked , but still want to make sure. I have become quite chatty.

Thanks.

Ooty
ooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-05, 10:38 AM  
PamelaP

Ooty, people who are subscribed to a thread will only receive an email of your original post, not any edits you make after the fact.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-05, 12:00 PM  
Fitinvent

Reply to Google

I'm not sure if things have changed here on VF, but this is how i found the site, then joined. I was searching for my first invention called the Ablaster, i typed it into google, and on page #13 under Vidio Fitness Forum "Where can i find the Super Step Bench" i found this site and my deleted Ablaster under Marilyn989. I'm not sure if you still do searches under google that you may find your post. The one good thing is i found VF and joined..
Old 04-09-05, 12:33 PM  
ooty

Pamela and Fitinvent

Thanks Pam..

Howdy Fitinvent...I thought only the reviews were google'able'...but you only found in on Page 13...oh, well....I will check it out..

Where is our fearless leader....
Old 04-09-05, 07:13 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Google

the forum WAS google-able for a while, and I wasn't aware of it (after a server change I forgot to change some paths in the file that tells search engines what to index and what not to), but I changed those a month or so to prevent the forum from being indexed. I know it can take the search engines a while to get back around to re-index the site, so that could explain why some forum results are still coming up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-05, 07:16 PM  
ooty

Thanks wendy...
I tried googling some of my posts and I did not get any hits (atleast in the top few pages)...I did not check after that.

Cheers,
Ooty
Old 04-26-05, 01:43 PM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWendy
the forum WAS google-able for a while, and I wasn't aware of it (after a server change I forgot to change some paths in the file that tells search engines what to index and what not to), but I changed those a month or so to prevent the forum from being indexed. I know it can take the search engines a while to get back around to re-index the site, so that could explain why some forum results are still coming up.
Should it take this long?

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-05, 04:04 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

I don't know

Perhaps an email to Google is in order.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-05, 04:53 PM  
spacecandy

I know last week I googled my logon name and a few of my VF posts came up. One looked exactly like if I had logon from VF and the other one didn't [it was just a white page with all what was posted in that thread.] Don't remember what threads though.
spacecandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-05, 05:07 PM  
ooty

Jeez: Gives me the jeepers

Spcaecandy,

How do you search? I did use my login name and VF together in Google and cannot see anything in the fist few pages.