Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-16-21, 07:59 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Dana - Stairs are just hard. They were always tough for me when my knee was acting up. I've done a lot of PT over the years for knee issues, but I haven't had any more problems (fingers crossed) since I lost all my weight.
Carol
You hit it on the head, Carol. I need to lose the weight and I know it. About 30 lbs to get to where I need to be but I just can't get myself disciplined to do what I need to do right now. Just lacking the motivation. You'd think that not having aching knees would be enough, but apparently I need a real kick in the butt.
Old 09-17-21, 05:29 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Dana, I understand exactly! I knew I needed to lose weight, but until my bloodwork said I was a diabetic, I wasn't motivated enough to change my eating patterns and lose the weight. Honestly, knowing how CoVid treats diabetics, I didn't want to die of CoVid and leave my DS on his own so soon after his dad had died. Having knee issues was not enough motivation for me. Being diagnosed with Type II diabetes, combined with the pandemic, was enough of a kick in the butt. I'm not sure diabetes alone would have been enough.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-21, 10:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Quick check in:

Jessica Smith - Core Control from WS 2.0
Jessica Smith - 15 Min Session from Yoga Fusion Fix

I hope everyone is doing well.

Making lifestyle changes is so hard. I am at a good weight, although I have gained some during the pandemic - but I had also lost some prior to the pandemic - so it all balances out, I suppose. But, I definitely can do with more a focus on good nutrition. I am a lazy cook and it does not serve me well all the time as I tend to prioritize convenience over nutrition.

Anyway -happy Friday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-21, 05:55 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I'm sorry about the other knee as far as motivation...how about a kitty paw kick? You know, you could do it for Oliver?

Carol productivity does help with handling the rest of the day better for me too. I don't find that distance learning is very helpful to advance in either pilates or yoga. I feel like both of those really need in person instruction.

Pam you cracked me up with the whack a mole comment...so true!

Donna I think I used to think when I was younger that once I got to a certain weight that would be it. Finished, done. Nope! I didn't realize what a moving target maintaining a healthy weight was.

Wednesday added BOHO Day #7 sunset yoga. Thursday was BOHO Day #8 Destress yoga. Day #8 has been my favorite of the BOHO yoga routines so far. Today has been CS #1224 upper pain relief.

Waves to Beth and happy weekend to all !!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-21, 08:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workout was

Silver&Fit - Intermediate Cardio with Penny 8/20/21 - 30 minutes

Filmed outside in Penny's backyard, poolside. She mentioned it was in the mid-80's and muggy, both unusual for Arizona. Nice low impact cardio, with 1 minute intervals of slightly more challenging work.

Linda - I'm sure you're right about in person classes. That might explain why I've never been able to make much improvement in pilates.

Donna - Waves from another lazy cook.

Carol
Old 09-17-21, 11:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

We cut our camping trip short & came home yesterday as they were predicting torrential rain starting today. Thank goodness we did as apparently some areas had a bit of flooding. We had fun though & the weather was beautiful while we were there.

Wednesday:
~8 km walk….May have overdone it a bit
~PT exercises

Thursday:
~PT exercises
~Strapless in 10: Day 9 - this started with standing weight work, then to the floor for some planks & push-ups. I did modify.
~Jessica Valant: 10 min Pilates for Back Pain (YT)
~Yin forward bends, twists, hip openers on my own

Today:
~BellyFit Shakti Warrior: Power Up - I love these 20 minute ones!
~Jenny Ford MAA: Utah - kept this very low impact
~PT exercises
~Strapless in 10: Day 10 - I’m done!
~Gentle yoga class on zoom

Dana - Sorry about your ongoing knee issues! Whack a mole indeed!

Linda - I agree that in person classes can make a big difference for many things, especially when you’re first starting out.…Pilates, yoga, & Essentrics all come to mind.

Carol & Donna - It’s hard to feel motivated to cook when you come home tired after working all day. I love to cook, especially when DH cleans up after we eat. But I have the luxury of retirement. We also have a good friend & a son who are both chefs so they inspire us.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 08:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Lively Ladies - Improve Strength at Home
Lively Ladies - Relaxing Cool Down and Stretch

The strength workout was more challenging than it would appear just from watching it - I'm finding that to be the case w/ many of the LL workouts.

These are hitting the spot for me right now in terms of feeling like I worked out, but I'm not totally wiped out.

Pam - that is true about cooking, when I have the time I actually don't mind doing it - but after working all day it is really the last thing I want to do. I used to do meal prep on the weekends, but then I felt it was taking over my weekend....and I felt my weekends were just prepping for the coming week which was no fun. I try to do a little prep here and there - like maybe cook a dish or make some rice or something, but I have stopped the full on meal prep in favor of having some downtime on the weekend. Cleaning and general house upkeep is enough for the weekend chores!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 02:25 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Checking in with:

JV Spirals and Twists - 31min.
ePilates The Band is Back - 15min. Nice back work with the band.
WH Ab, Butt & Thighs - 17min. Mini ball and band workout.
New on youtube today.

I almost didn't work out today but I was feeling achey and stiff and just had to do something. Because it was the middle of the day before I even started, my personal trainer aka Oliver missed it for the first time in months because he was sound asleep. It was nice not to have him try to lick my face while I was doing planks but I missed his company.

Like Pam, I too love to cook but I'm semi-retired and I have the time. if I don't feel like cooking - I don't. My dh is also a good cook, so no one goes hungry in our home if I don't want to cook for any reason.

My knee feels better but I'm very careful with it - actually with both of them. I've been only doing mat pilates or yoga and nothing that requires lunges and/or squats. Actually squats don't bother me as much as lunges do.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! Waves to all!
Old 09-18-21, 06:17 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were:

Silver&Fit - Intermediate Mixed Format with Stacey Lei - 30 minutes;
This was a nice combo workout - about 15 minutes of yoga and core work, followed by upper body strength work with light weights.

Lottie Murphy - Pilates for a Fresh Start - 15 minutes;
A new to me pilates channel on YouTube. Very pleasant instructor with a very British accent. She has a beginner workout playlist as well as a 2 week calendar for the videos on her YouTube channel. She also has a streaming platform.

Jessica Valant Pilates - PT Exercises for SI Joint Pain - 12 minutes. My SI Joint has been hurting for 3 or 4 days now. This workout was a good one; I'll do it again.

Dana - So glad your knees are feeling better!

Donna - Nice workouts! Worked out but not wiped out is a good feeling. That's why the Silver&Fit workouts are hitting the spot for me right now. And there's a nice variety of workouts and instructors too - and all free. Hard to beat!

Pam - Camping out in torrential rains does not sound the least bit fun.

Carol
Old 09-18-21, 07:03 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Cardio: Body Groove Swing 15 min & 10 min very gentle rebounding
~PT exercises
~Essentrics: 25 min standing, another of my friend & fellow instructor’s classes that I’ve saved.
~Barre3: 30 min Mindful Workout - This was nice, on the gentle side, a toning & stretch combo with a focus on flowing with breath. I’ve been missing B3.

Dana - My DH is a pretty good cook too. He didn’t used to be but the chefs in our life have encouraged him to step up. So the deal is….whoever cooks, doesn’t have to clean up.

Carol - Agree! Going camping in the rain, especially with cooler fall-ish temps setting in, is not my idea of fun. I must check out Lottie Murphy as 15 min workouts sound perfect.

Donna - When you’re working all week, finding down time on the weekend is so necessary for your wellbeing!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad