Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-26-21, 10:12 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

T2B, I also checked Cathe'users guide Thanks for the workout suggestions! What about Cathe's High Reps DVD? Maybe, that could be another option. I still have 1 1/2 weeks with my current rotation, have fun! I will be checking what you will be doing

Maybe, we could send Cathe the Look Great in 8 rotation as a suggestion for a future project! I have no idea if M&F Hers is still on business.

Adawn, thank you so much, I will check them out when I get on the computer. I can't see the info on the tablet. I think it will be very helpful!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-21, 10:49 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

AsSweetAsSugar - I really enjoyed LGI8. I think I actually did it for 12 weeks!

I hope everyone who gives the template a try has fun!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-21, 06:30 AM  
Cher

Thanks for starting this ASAS! I may start this next week. Might be what I need to get my motivation back.

I need to figure out what to use for Circuit workouts for starters.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-21, 07:37 AM  
fanofladyvols

AsSweetasSugar another VFer, Lannette, has a website with Cathe's MET levels and the workouts classified.

This might help you as you construct your rotation. I found it extremely helpful

https://livehealthywithlannette.blog...guide.html?m=1

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-21, 10:24 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
AsSweetasSugar another VFer, Lannette, has a website with Cathe's MET levels and the workouts classified.
This might help you as you construct your rotation. I found it extremely helpful
Wow, what a great resource! I have many of Cathe's older workouts that are listed. Thanks Lannette for making it and thanks FoLV for posting the link!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-21, 02:22 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
AsSweetAsSugar - I really enjoyed LGI8. I think I actually did it for 12 weeks!

I hope everyone who gives the template a try has fun!
Alta, that is awesome! If you remember the workouts you used please feel free to share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Thanks for starting this ASAS! I may start this next week. Might be what I need to get my motivation back.

I need to figure out what to use for Circuit workouts for starters.
Cher, you're welcome I read somewhere that some people used the Burn phase of CLX for the circuit week and Push phase for the heavy week. I think Cathe's PHA would do the trick too. I will check out what you come with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

Thank you FOLV for sharing! I will check it out!

Laura S. feel free to share the workouts you used too!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 08-29-21, 09:25 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I don't even remember what workouts I specifically used. I went through all of my workouts and pulled the ones I wanted to use in the first half of rotation and piled them in the categories identified in the program. The circuit workouts were the hardest for me to come up with and I looked up the definition and had 2-3 workouts that fit the definition. I reviewed the piles at the beginning of the second half of the rotation.

As I said above, I focused more on the spirit and generalities of the program: long cardio; shorter, more intense cardio; the different types of strength workouts; etc. I didn't sweat whether every DVD was exactly right by the definition and more whether I was doing different types of strength work (heavy/low rep, light/high rep, etc.). I think it was the variety that produced such good results for me and that kept me engaged through both times I did it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 05:32 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Awesome Laura, thanks for reporting back! I haven't plan anything yet, since I have been a bit tired since school started.

Adawn, I just checked in a computer finally, wow great info, thanks again for adding the link!

Tags
cathe difficulty rank, lgi8, look great in 8, look great in 8 rotation, met, met level, muscle and fitness hers