Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-14-21, 11:19 AM  
Nelly G

Melt Method

I am thinking of buying the had and foot instructions dvds:
https://www.meltmethod.com/store/pro...-and-foot-dvd/

In the Netherlands you can buy the two dvd s with a small Melt soft ball. I pay about 49 Euro including shipping cost. It is expensive but I hope then I can do some footreflexology and handreflexology myself.

Or I buy the the Hand and Foot Treatment Kit and the 2-disc Hand and Foot Treatments DVD together which is sold in the Netherlands for 97 Euro s including shipping.
https://www.meltmethod.com/store/product/kit-bundle/

If I buy on the Melt Method site I have high shipping cost I think like 20/30 dollars and I need to pay tax around 20 dollars so the price will be the same.

My question is: is the Hand and foot Treatment kit worth the money or do I have enough with one small ball? Please tell me what you think.

Also what do you think of the Melt dvds?

If you all say you use all those balls a lot I do not mind investing. I am only getting older so….
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 05:02 AM  
Nelly G

Bumping. Just hoping someone can tell me about the foot treatment kit ( the different balls).
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 10:43 AM  
Karla25

I found a couple of older threads under the MELT tag search. They might help you :-)

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=221561

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=209214

If you do a tag search for Sue Hitzmann instead of MELT, you'll get more results. Just click her name on the bottom of the thread and you'll get several threads to read.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=225944

Hope this helps!
Old 06-15-21, 10:46 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I don’t have the hand & foot kit. I’m doing MELT on Demand right now, haven’t done much foot & hand work as I’m focused on hips & spine. I have other balls I subbed in for foot & hand.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 10:57 AM  
BunnyHop

I'd say that if saving money while you explore whether or not the method is for you, I'd say to just find some balls of your own, and try the book.
Or maybe subscribe to her service for a short time if you can't get hold of it easily?

When I first got started I explored around and found some soft golf balls that worked fine.

The actual Melt balls are two different hardnesses, one soft and squishy, the other firm rubber.

Gaiam makes some hand therapy balls that come in a little set.

As for the longer roller, I initially cobbled one together with a pool noodle that I covered in strips of an old exercise mat. It worked fine, but the actual MELT equipment is sturdier and more attractive.
Old 06-15-21, 12:03 PM  
starbelly

Hi Nelly,

A few years ago I took some private MELT classes from Jolanda at this studio in Den Haag. I also bought a MELT roller from her. Perhaps you can contact her and see if she has any kits to sell.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 04:48 PM  
momofcha

I had horrible foot pain earlier in the year. I swear by this program and the balls to help heal my pain.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 10:29 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I love Melt Method. I don't do it as often as I should, but it is amazing and you feel the results right away. I tried using other balls, but nothing is really like the melt balls.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 11:03 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I love Melt Method. I don't do it as often as I should, but it is amazing and you feel the results right away. I tried using other balls, but nothing is really like the melt balls.
I agree. With the On Demand practices, she starts & finishes with a “rest assess”. It’s amazing how much more relaxed your body is, especially spine & hips. I use the Melt roller but don’t have the balls. I’ve pretty much exclusively done leg, hip, spine, focused practices.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 11:33 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I agree. With the On Demand practices, she starts & finishes with a “rest assess”. It’s amazing how much more relaxed your body is, especially spine & hips. I use the Melt roller but don’t have the balls. I’ve pretty much exclusively done leg, hip, spine, focused practices.
Every time I do it, I am amazed. Truly. Makes me wonder why I don't do it everyday. but I start feeling better and I get bored with it and busy. Then I go back to it and I'm amazed all over again!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
melt method