Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-21, 10:35 AM  
JustSandra

Happy Birthday to our Pat!!!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 10:49 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Wishing Pat a very

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 11:16 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Happy Birthday, Dear Pat!!!! Enjoy that birthday lunch with your son. It was sweet of him to come see you on your birthday.
I looked at the osprey webcam and haven't been able to see the 2nd egg. I will look again later.

Today is a rest day. I did go to 3 markets this morning and later today I will go to Trader Joes.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 11:51 AM  
cyana

A very Happy (although belated ) Birthday to Sandra.

And a Happy Birthday to Pat.

Sending you both best wishes for many years of good health and happiness.

I was so happy to see the osprey egg in the nest when I peeked in on Wednesday and how exciting to see that there are now 2 eggs in the nest! Poor birds - good thing they don't realize they have many voyeurs peeking in to watch their every move. Dad appears to be a good fisherman - I've seen him bring mom several fish over the past week. I think it was yesterday the wind was blowing so hard the stand was actually rocking a bit back and forth - hope mom doesn't have motion sickness!

Sandra - Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing birthday celebration with your family. I saw something - I think on weather.com - earlier this week referencing the low levels in the Oroville Reservoir. Yikes, the picture of the US drought monitor looks pretty scary in CA and in the SW. I like the sound of lilac blue nail polish - very springy.

Pat - I hope you have a wonderful visit with DS today. I clicked on the Kassandra video that you linked - it looks like something I'd like to try. Have you ever done any of her chakra affirmation practices? She mentioned it in the intro and it sounded as though there is an entire series.

Pam - Thanks for the link to the moon salutation practice. Loved the setting. I used to go to an evening yoga class in a room with large windows and our instructor was very good at keeping up with the moon cycles and would frequently include the moon salutation series in classes. I like your new avatar pic.

Paine - Have the Engine 2 burgers been discontinued or is it that your Whole Wallet doesn't carry them anymore? After the Amazon takeover, the variety at my local Wallet store took a major dive (many items disappeared, never to return), much to my dismay. When I read the label on some of the frozen veggie burgers, I scratch my head and wonder why on earth anyone would eat a veggie burger loaded with unpronounceable ingredients and GMO's. I like a good veggie burger and count myself among those who has a difficult time convincing myself to make them from scratch.

Beth - I didn't realize Dr. Fishman had 3 osteoporosis sequences, either. I'm glad you enjoyed the annual book sale trek.

Carolyn - Yikes, the drought monitor looks pretty grim in your area, too. I haven't done Jessica's Brain Fitness work-out in a while - on some of my (ahem) lower functioning days, I get a serious kick out of how doofy I can be! While I'm not sure how much benefit my brain is getting, at least I can walk away at the end having enjoyed a good laugh!

Garrie - One of my co-workers gifted herself with a Peloton bike several months ago and enjoys the videos - including the non-cycling options like barre. Did you see the thread on G.D. about Allie? Wow, she looks massively fit. As I recall, she was 16 - 17 in her first Firm videos, wasn't she?

I'm delighted to announce that my turmeric plant survived the winter (in a large pot indoors) and has now been moved back out to the porch to enjoy the warm weather. Here's hoping the ginger will wake up soon. I picked a small bowl of strawberries on Thursday and there are tons more green berries on the plants. I'm planning to engage in some dirt-oriented functional fitness pursuits this afternoon and hope to follow that up with some yoga or good stretching. I had a ton of conference calls this week, which made it easy to incorporate lots of stealth fitness. I may need to replace my medium tubing with handles if the volume of conference calls keeps up!

Time to grab some brunch and get moving!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 01:20 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello & happy Saturday!

DH & I are in city for the weekend, planning outdoor visits with DS1 & family, patio dining, lots of walking, & curbside pickup shopping at my favourite local shops.

Yesterday’s offerings:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~city walk

Cyana - How cool that you have a tumeric plant! I’m glad you enjoyed the moon salutations. I did one of Mimi’s on MFML that was a lunar focused yoga/Qi Gong blend a few days ago. It was nice, but I like the circular flow of the YouTube practice more. I’m with you on passing on anything with unfamiliar, unpronounceable ingredients! As I said earlier, if I want a veggie burger I’m not looking for “fake meat”, yuck!

Beth - Thanks for the link to the Fishman practices.

Paine - Jealous of your Trader Joe’s visit, I love that store!

Pat - Enjoy your lunch & visit with your son! I couldn’t get the osprey cam to work this morning, I’ll have to try again later. Are you visiting them today on your walk?

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 02:36 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cyana, unfortunately the Engine 2 burgers have been discontinued (I emailed them). My DH is disappointed because he ate them regularly and they had healthy ingredients. I agree that most of the frozen veggie burgers in the market are made of crap.
I like hearing about your garden.

Pam, my only problem with Trader Joe's is that they are always crowded there!
I couldn't get the osprey cam to work at first this morning so I reloaded the page and it came right on.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 03:46 PM  
YogaGal

Popping in to wish our Pat a Very Happy Birthday! Enjoy your visit with your son and whatever pampering comes your way!
Old 05-08-21, 06:27 PM  
Donna D

Happy Birthday Pat! Enjoy your special day!
Donna D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 07:39 PM  
Garrie A.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT!!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 09:54 AM  
cyana

Happy Mother's Day to all moms of humans, critters, plants, etc. This is from Tias and Surya Little's weekly email and as always, it was far more eloquent than I could've ever hoped to be:

Today we honor each and every mother who offers nourishment to their families and loved ones.

Knowing how to endure through the ages is your wisdom. You are the progenitor of all beings, the one who wraps the world in your care.

On this mother's day we honor you as the wisdom keeper whose feminine power blesses all beings like a generous rain.

I especially love the last part.

The sun is shining, so I'll soon be out the door to gift myself with more dirt and sun therapy today.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote