Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-27-20, 05:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Oh Anny, yes, I meant to include a warning that the audio wasn't great on that video! The music (same as KCM's usual menu music) overpowers the instructor, who can be hard to hear at times. Luckily, it's pretty easy to follow along. I hadn't done a "Charleston" move in awhile!

Carolyn, I definitely can understand the work stress in adapting to all of the changes on a college campus! I still don't really know what it's going to be like for me when I go back next week.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 08:07 PM  
cyana

Today:
Nordic Track cardio/weight circuits - biceps and triceps - 4 sets of 12 reps of each
10 minutes of stretching

Sandra - I'm in 100% agreement that it feels like my life is on permanent hold. I'll think of something I'd like to do or something I feel I need to do and then pause - "Should I do this now, or would it be better to wait?" Ugh. I haven't been in a coffee shop since March! It's good you and your VF friend are still able to get together.

Paine - That's sad about you and your sister.....hopefully things will turn the corner before too terribly much longer. At least you can talk on the phone and wave through the window when you're dropping off groceries for her.

Anny - Good for you for making some self-care time over the week-end. I keep thinking I'm going to do all these things - soak my feet in Epsom salts in the evenings, do a facial mask, etc., and then I realize I haven't done any of them. Charlotte sounds like an absolute delight.

Beth - Interesting looking barefoot video - thanks for the link. Are the students all going to be back on campus for fall semester? I'd hate to be a school administrator at any level right now trying to make the right decision about returning to in-person classes. Sadly, I think the nearby private school is returning to in-person class in several weeks. I haven't missed their car pool traffic one little bit!

Carolyn - I hope you're able to get in some chill time and de-stress from last week. I have some required learning programs hanging over my head and I keep putting them off.....must get those knocked out within the next couple of weeks. Is it flaming hot there?

Donna - Always good to have you drop in. I haven't seen DS and DIL in months and I have no clue when I'll see them in person. Unfortunately they're returning to on-site work within the next few weeks. Good thing we don't still live in the days of long-distance land lines, or we'd have exorbitant phone bills!!!

Waves to Garrie and Linda.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 08:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, yes, as of right now, the plan is to have students back on campus. All classes will be available virtually, some online online, some both. I imagine that some students will choose to stay home rather than to pay dorm fees for virtual classes, but I have no idea what those numbers are. So work-wise, I feel like I'm in this weird in-limbo phase of moving forward (going back to work next week) AND still being on hold!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-28-20, 08:44 AM  
Donna D

Good morning all,

Checking in with Lee Holden's Day 5 of the 30 day challenge. I'm still working from home, it is nice to do a "quickie" when I take a break.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 10:02 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Andrea Speir Perfect Pilates Body (Core Blast; Tight Tush; Chiseled Arms segments)
Rodney's Ultimate Power Yoga (Power Foundation practice)

Anny, I love hearing about Charlotte. She sounds so sweet.

Carolyn, I bet you're relieved to get that online course completed.

Hi Donna D!

Cyana, I wish both our sons could come inside our house and have dinner with us. I miss them. I look forward to the day when I can hug them again.

Beth, your job will be different when you go back to work but at least you have a job so that is good! I feel sad for the people who have lost their jobs.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 07:05 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

As noted upthread I did an XLAW (about 2 hours) on Sunday, and on Monday and today I got in LAWs (about 1.5 hours). These outdoor walks keep me sane. I didn't do any workouts, though, as on Sunday I tweaked my back -- not badly, just enough that it was talking to me! I kind of hoped it would resolve on its own but it hasn't, so for

Today's Workout: I did my old standby for low back pain -- the lying and sitting portions of Lee Holden's Qi Gong For Low Back Pain. My back is noticeably happier. Hope it stays that way as I go back to work tomorrow.

Hey there Donna!

Cyana: The Starbucks near me are now allowed to have outdoor seating. Sitting at one of their little tables with coffee plus a muffin or cookie is one of my main pleasures these days.

Beth: Hope having the students return to campus goes okay. I think pretty much everything here in California is going to be online only.

Anny: I'm sure your hair appointment was a nice treat -- not to mention well-deserved!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 07:22 PM  
Donna D

Sandra – thanks for starting the conversation on feeling like life is on hold due to COVID-19.

Beth, We all need to stay healthy so we can be with our families during the holidays! Thanks for mentioning my “delurking”!

Paine, your sister is doing the right thing. For the most part I only go grocery shopping once a week. A friend of mine will pick up things for me when he goes to Walmart, Home Depot, etc.

As I was discussing with a friend today, the scariest thing about this virus is that any one of us could be carrying it right now showing no symptoms, but still pass is along to someone else who could possibly die from it. This is the reason I severely limit my exposure to people.

I’ve been working at home since mid-March; I have no desire to go back into the office. At least I have an option if I’m told I must report back to the office…

Anny, thanks for the warm welcome. That is great to do Facetime with your granddaughter.

Cyana, thanks for the warm welcome. Yes – I remember land lines – LOL!

Waves to everyone else!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 08:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Donna, I think staying healthy so that we can be with family during the holidays is a good attitude. I am hoping that things in the northeast stay calm enough that I can fly into Philadelphia for Thanksgiving and stay with my mom in NJ--maybe the flights will be cheaper, haha. But you are right about the idea of being scared at the possibility of being a carrier! I have ventured out a little myself (mainly to outdoor yoga and a few stores), but I haven't really had anything other than masked or limited contact with anyone other than DH.

Paine, I am definitely trying to focus on being thankful that I have a job--and I've been well paid for staying home since March. On the other hand, I admit that my interest was piqued at the possibility that NY might offer early retirement incentives for state workers. Speaking of Rodney Yee, when I was at the workshop on Sunday, I briefly ducked in the lobby of the yoga studio there. It's an Iyengar studio owned by an older man. He had a photo on the wall of about 30 students with BKS Iyengar.

Sandra, when the CA state college system made the decision to go all-virtual, I was convinced that we were next, but it doesn't look that way. However, the continued rising numbers and outbreaks in sports like baseball have me worried that the students could arrive only to be sent home. So sorry about tweaking your back! (((hugs))) Another VFer just sent me a PM regarding an article I'd recommend in an old thread about back pain; it's from Katy Bowman if you are interested:
https://www.nutritiousmovement.com/you-dont-know-squat/

I tried another workout from NourishMoveLove on YouTube today. I can't believe that the instructor was pregnant when she filmed these workouts--I couldn't keep up with her!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-29-20, 07:52 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Yoga Class, Restorative Yoga for Evening (Daily Yoga #3) | YogiBethC - Yoga to Relax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8evEemXp85c&t=58s

Today is my planned rest day but I happened to see that Beth put out her evening yoga practice so I did that and it was a nice way to unwind from my day. Thanks Beth!

Donna, you are fortunate that you have the option to work from home rather than go into the office.

Sandra, I hope your back is feeling better today.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 08:08 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, glad that practice helped you to unwind. As I was filming it, I was thinking that maybe you could do that one in bed too!

I woke up with a migraine today; not sure why (although I've been doing better overall since I started the injections). Since I was feeling run down I went for an all-floor practice and did Total Core Pilates, first Pilates I've done in awhile.

This afternoon my friend hosted a "Yoga with the Birds" class, where representatives from a local bird rescue brought a few of their birds, two owls. It was very cool to see them up close. We had a sweet little mini-yoga practice after, but we had to end early because it started to rain.

Follow me @YogiBethC