Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-20, 05:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, thanks for being one of my best YouTube fans! Has your sister been out at all? Wondering weather you could do a driveway-type visit like Donna mentioned where you both wear masks and stay 6 or more feet apart.

Donna, sorry you have been isolated from some of your family. Thanksgiving is usually the one time of year that my whole family definitely gets together. My mom was talking about it with my uncle (who hosts dinner), and he didn't even want to think about not being able to do it this year.

Here was my workout week:

Monday
K2 Squared - Warm-up, Combos 1 & 2
Barre3 (online) - 30m Self-Love (2-10-20)

Tuesday
Fabulous 50s (YT) - 5m Toned Arms
30MTF Body Design - Stronger Upper
Barre3 (online) - 45m with Dustin

Wednesday
Barre3 (FB) - 10m Frisco
Melissa West (YT) - Yoga with Melissa 123 Ganesh Series (nice with lots of versions of cat pose: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0lfZuSrLsY)

Thursday
Barre3 (FB) - 10m Columbus OH with Whitney
Metabolic Living (YT) - Day 1 Immune Strengthening Workout
YogaVibe585 (YT) - Side Body Stretching

Friday
Bellyfit Elements - Air
DoYouYoga (online) - Meditation & Restorative Yoga for Chest & Shoulders

Saturday
Anne Taylor Efremsky (YT) - Bump it Up 5#/5min
NourishMoveLove (YT) - Barre Class at Home 20m tough - and she was pregnant!
foam roller routines on YouTube from Yoga Dose, DocJenFit
3 Week Yoga Retreat Deluxe DVD - Muscle Recovery

Sunday
Yoga & Nature Photography Workshop

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-20, 06:50 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, you always have a lot of nice variety in your weekly workouts.
My sister has been staying home, getting home delivery marketing or drive to the market for them to drop groceries in her trunk and sometimes I have picked up groceries for her and dropped them off on her front porch. She has gone to a doctor appointment once but she has been sheltering at home for the most part. I'm glad she is being cautious. She is precious to me and I don't want her taking unnecessary risks. I talk to her on the phone every morning so we keep in close touch.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-20, 07:07 PM  
Anny

Thank you everyone for the kind wishes about my work situation. I decided to take a self care day on the weekend and went to the hairdresser on the weekend for a cut and colour. I haven’t been to the hairdresser since 2016 so this was a real change!

Paine it is lovely that you talk to your sister every day.

Donna nice to see you here! I understand about not seeing family; I have two sons and a granddaughter who live interstate and we haven’t seen each other since January. I do FaceTime with my granddaughter once a week. This week we played games where she was the princess and I was the bad guy who became good in the end, playing the game with her LEGO figures. Then she “read” me stories.

cyana thank you for the start. Your cardio and weights workout sounded like it was a good routine. Thanks also for the tips re the Nordic Track. I’m sorry to hear that you will be reaching your busiest time as I know that means long hours at work

Sandra I hope your extra long walks help you with COVID malaise. Nice that you got to have coffee with your VF friend.

Beth the workshop and Zen garden sound amazing!

Yesterday I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party Remix, which was 30 minutes of fun. I followed the low impact exerciser. Today’s workout was 35 minutes of Taebo Cardio Sculpt. I felt like the weight sections were reminiscent of low weight high rep workouts and I only used 3lb weights.
Old 07-26-20, 09:18 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, sounds like that was the perfect treat! How sweet that you play games with your granddaughter during your calls.

Paine, that's completely understandable that you don't want to put your sister any more at risk; sounds like the two of you still stay close.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-27-20, 08:57 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth's Gentle Active Yoga Practice for Afternoon (Daily Yoga #2)

I enjoyed Beth's Afternoon practice. I did it at 6am this morning and it was a nice way to start my day. I liked balance work in the practice and the stretches felt good too. Thanks Beth!

Anny, I hope you like your cut/color! That's a nice way to pamper yourself.
How cute that your granddaughter read you stories and played games with you via FaceTime.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 09:57 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Monday!

Paine, glad you liked the "afternoon" yoga as a morning routine.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-27-20, 10:35 AM  
Donna D

Happy Monday everyone! Checking in with Lee Holden's 30 day challenge day and day 30. Hopefully will do something later.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 11:19 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I just did this workout, which came up when I searched for "barefoot cardio":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzdk50KeB4o

I liked it overall, especially since the moves are simple and the impact is very modifiable. She uses a lot of equipment, including a weighted ball, but really, you don't need any of it--or you can manage fine with just a pair of dumbbells.

Donna, nice that you are still delurked!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-27-20, 02:07 PM  
YogaGal

Sorry to be MIA last week. From Monday through Thursday I was taking a work-required online course about preparing (or being better prepared) for online teaching. It was a busy week with daily meetings and assignments to work on. I was very happy to finish on Thursday and just rested and was lazy on Friday and then was catching up on things over the weekend. I did manage to exercise most days, mainly for stress relief.

Last week’s workouts:

Monday: KCM’s Timesaver Powersculpting from LIFT and Raviana’s Flexibility & Strength Set from Quick Fixes
Tuesday: Short 5.5-mile bike ride with DH in the evening to destress
Wednesday: To unwind after my most stressful workday of the week, I went to Sarah Beth’s 15-minute Stretches to Unwind After Work; then I wanted more and added on 15-minute Chill Out with Intention
Thursday: Jessica Smith’s YouTube Fit in 15 Upper Body Burn and RaviAna’s Yoga for Beginners & Beyond, Hips & Hamstrings and Relaxation
Friday: no workout
Saturday: Jessica Smith’s YouTube Fit in 15 Lower Body Blast and then went to 10 Minute Quick Walk Mix dvd for Dance Walk. Then to RaviAna’s Yoga for Beginners & Beyond, Neck, Shoulder, & Upper Back Stretch and Relaxation.

I’ll try to catch up with everyone later today or tomorrow.
Old 07-27-20, 04:53 PM  
Anny

Carolyn sorry to hear about the work stress and I hope the online course was helpful! I see you did Jessica’s QuickMix Dance Walk. I enjoy that one! I have the workout as a digital download and remember enjoying the variety. I must do it again sometime.

Beth thanks for the link to that workout. I’ve saved it as I think it is something I might like. The music seems a bit loud when watching (did you find it so?) and I would definitely only use a pair of dumbbells rather than all the equipment, as you say.

Donna congrats on getting to day 30 in the challenge!

Paine Charlotte (my granddaughter) and I get to play via FaceTime most weekends. She takes me (on the phone) down the slide in her back yard or she makes a cubbie and says let’s hide from the grownups. She has just turned 4 and my son and daughter-in-law sent me some cool birthday pics.

Today I’m planning on more strength focussed workout as yesterday’s was cardio and light weights (in Taebo).