Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-15, 04:14 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Are the workouts she sells on her site good?
The free ones are very representative of the ones for sale.

I do wish she would put a couple of different rotations together with specific workouts (just in case someone from there is reading!). I know there are general recommendations on the site, but since each download has different exercises and focus and it's not always clear from the titles and description just what and how much of what muscles are hit, I would love her to put together and "ideal intermediate/advanced rotation" of what she has up so far.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 04:17 PM  
cherimac

Honestly, I don't think the workouts she sells are that different than the freebies on YT so you don't "need" to purchase them. I would try the freebies first.
Old 12-31-15, 05:49 PM  
MARIKA

I think shes my Favorite instructor EVER! I just can't say enough about her. I feel she has so much Free stuff you don't need to buy anything but what fun would that be. I have alot of her downloads and with her free stuff you can do a different workout everyday for months. Even her 40 min workouts fly by for me. I have never found anyone that fries that lower body like she does and hits all angles.
Old 01-01-16, 09:06 PM  
Breezy Trousers

I grew tired of 18 years of heavy-weighted lunges, squats and deadlifts for lower body work. I tried to find a lower body alternative to all that by dabbling in *lots* of barre/TA during 2015. I'm happy with a lot of my purchases but am not a natural fit for barre. I despise most floor work, too.

I love Barlates' fusion style, though. Most Barlates workouts under 30-40 minutes, require minimal space & equipment, are no-dread and fly by. They don't feel repetitive, the way Ballet Beautiful sometimes does. Linda is calm and provides great form pointers. Most Barlates workouts are of low intensity (i.e., do not make me sweat much or elevate my heart rate), so I can do them before bedtime or even at work if I wanted to. Yet the workouts are not easy. I'm often wincing and hanging on for dear life to get through a set at least once during her workouts! My muscles always feel torched at the end. I've never had any knee, back or psoas issues after doing her workouts, either.

I like her upper body workouts, too. They came in handy when I couldn't lift anything heavier than 1 or 2 lbs.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 09:13 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I think I am going to try more of the online workouts tomorrow (even though my inner thighs are still sore from yesterday's dynamic stretch!). I'd be interested to hear which are people's favorites.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 09:30 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Of the YT workouts, I love Barre Tucks and Foldovers, Barre and Floor Leg Raises, Long Lean Legs Mat, Back of Leg Mat Workout, Reverse Pyramid Upper, Old School Arms and Upper Body Burnout. That's off the top of my head. There are so many others I haven't tried and probably workouts I've overlooked here. Maybe others will chime in ....
Old 01-01-16, 09:34 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks BT! I liked the arms one I tried yesterday; the ones I was thinking about trying tomorrow are the lower body with the pretzel focus and the foam rolling.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-01-16, 10:53 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Thanks BT! I liked the arms one I tried yesterday; the ones I was thinking about trying tomorrow are the lower body with the pretzel focus and the foam rolling.
You're welcome, Beth!

BTW, you and Linda Wooldridge resemble each other (IMO).
Old 01-01-16, 11:00 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
You're welcome, Beth!

BTW, you and Linda Wooldridge resemble each other (IMO).
That's funny--I don't think I really noticed that at all since she is Australian, but I'll pay more attention tomorrow.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-02-16, 09:08 AM  
Suzan66

Yesterday was the first I even heard of Barlates when I clicked on link in this thread. I previewed one and it looked so good I did it and loved it. I did 3 more today. I believe I am hooked.. and love that there is so much free YT content. Linda has a great demeanor and the time flew by...plus my outer thighs are on FIRE!
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, linda wooldridge