Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-15, 06:59 PM  
slockhart

I'm just checking these out on Mary's site. She has 2 separate ones, and then a package of 3. Which are your favorites?
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 08:00 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I looked at previews at Mary's - wow these look like great workouts. Wish I could get my hands on a chair like she has there, it looks perfect.

But how do you order her downloads? I can't find a website.
http://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 08:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 07:22 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
x2 with all this! I love her calm demeanor. She is warm, encouraging and engaging without all that over the top personality shenanigans that you get with so many dvd instructors. She reminds me of Cathe in that way. Her athletic twist on barre and pilates is perfect! My knees have no issues doing her workouts whereas with other barre workouts I either have knee pain or I just plain wasn't feeling it. She totally works the muscles to fatigue, right up to the point that I don't think I'll be able to do another rep, then she switches what she is doing. She overloads the muscle perfectly, which is the key to results!
Yes, I agree with all of this --- and great form pointers, too! I'm always impressed by how creative & challenging, yet low maintenance & mellow, her workouts are. I did Barre Tucks & Fold Overs this morning and, boy, that was hard. Still: no dread. These workouts challenge in a fun, almost weirdly addictive way, even though I normally prefer weight training to barre and pilates.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 08:45 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
Yes, I agree with all of this --- and great form pointers, too! I'm always impressed by how creative & challenging, yet low maintenance & mellow, her workouts are. I did Barre Tucks & Fold Overs this morning and, boy, that was hard. Still: no dread. These workouts challenge in a fun, almost weirdly addictive way, even though I normally prefer weight training to barre and pilates.

I definitely agree.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 12:53 PM  
leigh1673

I just did my first Barlates workout today! I did her Long Lever Upper and Lower BARLATES BODY BLITZ on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K4I0XGfqhg

Wow what a great workout! Tough, but doable. Simple and straightforward - plus minimal equipment, which I loooove. It reminded me somewhat of the old Cindy Crawford Shape Your Body workout--but much more repetitions! I will certainly be trying more of her workouts in the future.

Thanks to those who recommended these - I very likely NEVER would have discovered these workouts on my own!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 02:32 PM  
Ann1964

I got the 3 pack in today, is there a rotation on how to use anywhere?
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-15, 09:06 AM  
jb1586

Getting great results!

Just wanted to post to this thread, to rave about Linda Wooldridge, and her YouTube exercises. I recently lost 30 pounds, and have been exercising regularly to Jari. Nothing had been happening, though, so I decided to change things up, by doing the free Barlates workouts. It is a bit overwhelming , in that there are so many to choose from. I have been doing them maybe, 3 times a week, alternating upper and lower body. I have recently noticed that my thighs aren't plastered together anymore, that there is space there, when my legs are together. Nice, arm definition, as well. I wasn't aiming for this, but am so pleased! Nothing else has changed, diet-wise. So happy with her, and her excellent workouts!
jb1586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-15, 03:13 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1586 View Post
Just wanted to post to this thread, to rave about Linda Wooldridge, and her YouTube exercises. I recently lost 30 pounds, and have been exercising regularly to Jari. Nothing had been happening, though, so I decided to change things up, by doing the free Barlates workouts. It is a bit overwhelming , in that there are so many to choose from. I have been doing them maybe, 3 times a week, alternating upper and lower body. I have recently noticed that my thighs aren't plastered together anymore, that there is space there, when my legs are together. Nice, arm definition, as well. I wasn't aiming for this, but am so pleased! Nothing else has changed, diet-wise. So happy with her, and her excellent workouts!
That is so great! And way to go on that weight loss!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-15, 12:50 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I bought her Core DVD and tried it the other day. I like her and her personality. Some of the standing ab work is very interesting/different.

On the negative side, I hated the warm-up. And, in the workout, she goes way too fast for me. I would do it again at my own pace.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, barlates downloads, barlates results, linda wooldridge