Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-28-12, 10:58 AM  
connfamily

Yoga Foundations - Travis Elliott - What are your thoughts?

I eventually want to get the Ultimate Yogi, but I want to try his style out and I have done yoga, but haven't in a while. Not as flexible as I used to be due to a shoulder injury that made me stop doing Yoga and I am just recently adding in some yoga lately. I'd really like to get back into yoga. I'm a little worried that this DVD would only get used for a while if it's truly only for beginners?

Anyone have this? What are your thoughts? Could this be something you can use even after you're not at the beginner level?
connfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 12:37 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

There's always the trade list when you outgrow it.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 01:11 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by connfamily View Post
I eventually want to get the Ultimate Yogi, but I want to try his style out and I have done yoga, but haven't in a while. Not as flexible as I used to be due to a shoulder injury that made me stop doing Yoga and I am just recently adding in some yoga lately. I'd really like to get back into yoga. I'm a little worried that this DVD would only get used for a while if it's truly only for beginners?

Anyone have this? What are your thoughts? Could this be something you can use even after you're not at the beginner level?
There's more about Yoga Foundations on this thread http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...t=yoga&page=18 and I posted my thoughts there as well. This is not just for beginners. It is a wonderful practice for more advanced practitioners as well. It's a little shorter than most of the Ultimate Yogi practices and it's a great way to try Travis's style. He is wonderful. For me, this practice will stand the test of time. I highly recommend it.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 01:42 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
There's more about Yoga Foundations on this thread http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...t=yoga&page=18 and I posted my thoughts there as well. This is not just for beginners. It is a wonderful practice for more advanced practitioners as well. It's a little shorter than most of the Ultimate Yogi practices and it's a great way to try Travis's style. He is wonderful. For me, this practice will stand the test of time. I highly recommend it.

Ann
I've done two of the three practices and I agree that these are wonderful. I really like Gentle Yoga from the original UY and these remind me a bit of it. They are definitely not just for beginners.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travis eliot, yoga foundations