Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-03-12, 07:43 AM  
kitty12

I thought the price seemed odd too. When I went back to the link I posted from the UY web page, it does say three practices but does not say more than one DVD.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 08:24 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Wow. Maybe they changed their format! I know they have a distribution deal with someone (unlike UY and the others). That's why the wait. If that $10 price is correct then that's a heck of a deal!
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 01:24 PM  
Stephanie_B

Lauren confirms it as the correct practice. She said that because it's so new they are still working on the description. Their customer service is just so awesome!

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 01:33 PM  
shelleyann

Late to the party here, but what is Travis's Yoga Foundations? I know who Travis is, but how does this differ from UY? Thanks!

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 01:45 PM  
missmomus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I ordered too but only because I know I can cancel. I'm not sure I want beginner yoga from Travis, but, I figured I'd get in on the low price. What I really want is the short practices!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty12 View Post
LOL - I want it all!
LOL...me too! I have to say UY is still pretty challenging for me and there are a lot of days when I can't face an hour-plus intense power yoga class. Plus I just love Travis's instruction and the production values of their videos can't be beat.

I can understand why people were leery about the link I posted & the price. I found it by searching for Travis Eliot so I was pretty confident it was legit, although the page is lacking in details. Thanks to Stephanie for confirming it with Lauren. I did think the price would be closer to $30 for three practices based on the price point for UY, but I am certainly not going to complain!
missmomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 01:54 PM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyann View Post
Late to the party here, but what is Travis's Yoga Foundations? I know who Travis is, but how does this differ from UY? Thanks!
I was wondering this as well?

Of course my not knowing what it is didn't stop me from preordering, lol. I'm getting burned out on Rodney Yee and wanted some new yoga. I figured $10 was a good price.

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 02:09 PM  
herya

Well this is good news. If the price is at this level or close I can see myself getting several copies for Christmas, to give to various important people in my life who I feel could try some nice yoga
And one for me to rotate with Gentle, of course!

ETA: Just looked at YF cover they have on the website: looks like it's the first disc in a series of four!
Old 06-03-12, 02:15 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
Of course my not knowing what it is didn't stop me from preordering, lol.

Yoga Foundations is Travis' new basic series. You can read more and watch clips here.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 03:06 PM  
DianaH

Quote:
Originally Posted by herya View Post

ETA: Just looked at YF cover they have on the website: looks like it's the first disc in a series of four!
It looks to me like they're indicating that as far as difficulty, this is a level one on a scale of four, not one disc out of four.

(I'd love four discs, though!)
DianaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 03:12 PM  
herya

Diana, I have this niggly feeling that these guys do things for a reason I would love four discs too!

Tags
travis eliot, travis elliot, yoga foundations