Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-21, 07:36 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy - hope you feel better soon.

Sherry - fingers crossed that you won't get worse. I know it's still early, though. If you do, the nice thing is that you know it's temporary and that you're not actually sick. Either way, rest and recover tomorrow and update when you can.

It's so nice to be done and have this behind us!

Erica
Old 05-08-21, 07:36 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Wendy, I am so sorry. I hope you feel better soon. Hugs!

I had my second Pfizer this morning. I am tired with a slight headache and sore arm. I went for a walk right when I got home because I knew I would not be up for it later. I am worried about tomorrow because after the first shot I felt fine until about 28 hours afterwards.
Thanks, Sherry! I'm just resting giving my body a chance to boost my immune system. I hope you feel okay tomorrow!
Old 05-08-21, 07:41 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Wendy - hope you feel better soon.

Sherry - fingers crossed that you won't get worse. I know it's still early, though. If you do, the nice thing is that you know it's temporary and that you're not actually sick. Either way, rest and recover tomorrow and update when you can.

It's so nice to be done and have this behind us!

Erica
Thanks, Erica! Yes, I might not feel great now, but I'm so happy to be done with the shots! My husband goes next week for his second shot and his seeing my reaction to it has him a bit worried.
Old 05-09-21, 08:24 AM  
warriorprincess

I'm 3 weeks past my second vaccine, and the feeling of freedom is heady! I've been doing all my own grocery shopping, and all kinds of errands I've been putting off for a year. Bye bye Instacart, don't let the door hit you on the way out!

I even went to Universal Studios because my sister flew down to go, and had also been vaccinated! I was concerned she wouldn't since she's in that bubble of anti-science people. It was a bit unnerving since obviously the kids aren't vaccinated, but wow! I am enjoying life.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
Old 05-09-21, 08:41 AM  
Gams

I’m going to allow myself a little more freedom, but I still plan on being cautious. My sister’s sister-in-law who is a nurse and fully vaccinated, came down with the virus along with 3 of her co-workers, who were also fully vaccinated.
Old 05-09-21, 09:38 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I’m going to allow myself a little more freedom, but I still plan on being cautious. My sister’s sister-in-law who is a nurse and fully vaccinated, came down with the virus along with 3 of her co-workers, who were also fully vaccinated.
That is scary! I am still going to be very careful. I will see people I have not seen in over a year, but I am still keeping my distance. I do not go many places, and I am keeping it that way. I am going to get my hair cut for the first time since fall of 2019, though.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 05-09-21, 05:21 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
From what I understand, the vaccine ensures that if you do contract the virus you will only experience mild to moderate symptoms. I think it also greatly lowers your chances of being infected at all, but it will prevent severe symptoms if you are in the small set of vaccinated people who do contract the virus. I am not certain of this, this is just my understanding from the news, etc.
Old 05-09-21, 09:04 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
From what I understand, the vaccine ensures that if you do contract the virus you will only experience mild to moderate symptoms. I think it also greatly lowers your chances of being infected at all, but it will prevent severe symptoms if you are in the small set of vaccinated people who do contract the virus. I am not certain of this, this is just my understanding from the news, etc.
That is my understanding also. In addition, I would think nurses are in a group that is exposed more than the average person.
Old 05-09-21, 09:23 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
I heard the Chief of Staff at one of our hospitals interviewed last week and he was commenting on people who have been vaccinated but still contracted CoVid 19. He said that in all the local cases where that has happened, the people had serious comorbidities that resulted in suppressed immune systems so they probably didn't generate the antibodies from the vaccine like they should have. For what it's worth...

Carol
Old 05-10-21, 08:25 AM  
donnamp

Wendy and Sherry -I hope you are feeling better today!

Donna
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccine, vaccine reactions, vaccines