Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-14-22, 03:26 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a total body strength workout + 35 minutes of HiiT cardio.

Karjoy, Vannie - Looks like we're all getting some pretty hot weather. Our heat index was 98 yesterday.

Stay cool, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-22, 09:16 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Wow sounds like we are all having miserably hot weather. Heat index here supposed to be 111 tomorrow. We did have thunderstorms to cool things off tonight. Our electricity was off for 1.5 hrs. Thank goodness we have a generator. Was going to run this eve but wasn’t sure about doing tag while the generator is working hard to cool 2 stories. I did swim this am. DH plays golf on Tuesdays and
The group canceled due to heat. That judge never happens.

Gibbee I hear the Midwest is suffering too.

Hopefully we will all have cooler weather soon.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-22, 07:41 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a couple of short walks early in the morning then 35 minutes of yoga in the afternoon. Our water heater went out yesterday morning after being serviced the day before so we had no hot water. Luckily it's so hot out that we could use lukewarm water for what we needed. I sure hope we get it fixed today though!

Karjoy
- Man, I can't imagine not having AC in this heat! We're supposed to get in the upper 90s the rest of the week so I'm thankful we can stay indoor. Swimming is great in the heat though.

Vannie
- Aren't you getting a second opinion today? Let us know how your visit went.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 06-15-22, 08:23 AM  
Vantreesta

Karen, ugh on the power outage. I was watching a video on the The Weather Channel app this morning that said blackouts could increase this summer with the midwest being the most at risk.

JB, how maddening to have the water heater serviced and then it go out! I hope they get it fixed quickly. Thanks for asking about my feet. I'm talking to my chiropractor today to get his take. I'll let you know what he says.

Today is supposed to be in the 70s but stormy and then the 10-day forecast looks like all 80s and 90s with Sunday being 98! Yesterday morning we did a short walk that was already super uncomfortable and that was it. The real feel was still 91 at 8PM so we just went out in the yard for him to do his business.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-22, 09:27 AM  
Vantreesta

Chiro said definitely get a second opinion before choosing surgery. He read the diagnosis but hasn't looked at the x-rays yet. I left the disc with him and will pick it up next week then take it to the clinic to get added to my records so my PT can access them.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-15-22, 08:14 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie glad your chiropractor recommended a second opinion before surgery.
Yeah I keep fearing about blackouts and brownouts if this heat continues. Even my friends who like hot weather are saying this is too much.

Gosh Jbliff I hope your hot water heater gets fixed soon. Lukewarm water is tolerable for a short time I guess. In summer our tap water is lukewarm. Is this gas or electric?

Ran on the treadmill about 45 minutes today. I have 2 fans on which really helps. They say fans don’t cool rooms but they do cool people.

Night all.
Old 06-15-22, 08:41 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, that's how I felt about the cold this winter. I love cold but pretty much the whole winter was either below 0 with wind chills or above freezing during the day so melted and then froze overnight. For once I was glad to see spring.

I haven't managed to workout since the podiatrist appt other than some (but not enough) PT. I think just the stress and anxiety has kept me so distracted. At least I did do some clothes purging during that time and I've been working hard on my organization project. I have my workouts all organized and put away through S, by instructor name. Once those are done I'll do the multi-instructor ones and some brands that I have a ton of and want together instead of by instructor (mostly Firm and Virtual Active). So far the oldest ones I've put away are from 1985.

Old 06-16-22, 07:19 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My water heater is still out of commission. Yesterday the plumber got the part he said we needed and spent several hours installing it, only to find out something else is wrong. So he's coming back today with yet another part and hopefully fixing the problem for real. I didn't even get a workout in because we were waiting for him to finish the work. By the time he left, I was too hungry and aggravated to work out.

Karjoy - Our heater is gas powered.

Vannie - Great job on the reorganization of the workouts. You are so close to done!

Waves to everyone else. Have a great day.
Old 06-16-22, 07:58 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Resting today. We are driving to NC in am to see family and will be back late Sunday. Quick trip but we are good at those. It’s gonna be just as hot there as it is here. Our hotel has a gym and indoor pool and there is a nice public outdoor pool nearby. Resting today. I did not even go out of the house into the 111 heat index and DH and I bargained who would go get the mail! He lost!

Vannie sorry the stress and anxiety is present. Good for you doing your PT exercises! And for organizing. Doesn’t that make you feel good? My first Cathe was Mega Step Blast on video and I think it was from ? 1989. Also had the very first The Firm from 1986 with Susan Harris. That was a tough workout.

Jbliff sorry your hot water did not get fixed. Stuff like that is so aggravating. Hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Hi Cher and Gibbee!
Old 06-16-22, 08:09 PM  
Vantreesta

Oh, yeah, I forgot about how old some Firms are. I haven't gotten to them yet!