Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-01-22, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

Jessica Smith and Friends 2022

No matter what 2022 may bring (and let's hope it is something good!), here's to another year of great workouts with Jessica and others!

Please join us - whether you do Jessica's workouts exclusively or sprinkled in with other instructors - all are welcome.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 08:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Silver & Fit - Advanced Yoga w/ Stacey Lei 12.30.21 This was an enjoyable routine - it used just one yoga block as a prop.

Jessica's new strength workout looks good but I'm probably going to skip it for today - my back/hip is still bothering me so if I do something else today it will probably be more on the mild/beginner side.

I hope everyone has a good day - Happy New Year!!

Donna
Old 01-01-22, 02:52 PM  
Leonana

Thanks for starting us off Donna. It's hard to believe 2021 is already gone.

I did Jessica's newest on you tube, Total Body Resistance Training. Loved it! This is what I was hoping for with L&S, moving slower for heavier weights, but not as intense. The 40 minutes was a good length. No step or gliders, so that made it less advanced than L&S. I feel worked out, but not dead lol.

DH and I had a quiet New Years. I had a couple of glasses of wine after dinner as a treat. I don't normally drink wine. And a truffle brownie. All that sugar knocked me out and I slept on the couch all evening! Then went to bed at 10 pm. Boy, I am a partier, lol.

Donna, sorry to hear your back is still bothering you. I hope it is improving. The Silver and Fit yoga sounds intriguing. I tried a strength workout once, but didn't click with it. Although, with all the instructors, I should probably try another.
Old 01-01-22, 03:12 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I'm glad 2021 is behind me! So ready for this New Year!

Today I did some light jogging/marching on my bellicon while virtually walking in Argyll, Scotland. Peaceful, easy on the mind with pastural scenes and sheep bleating in the background. The light cardio felt good....and something I needed.

Donna, thanks for beginning the new thread for 2022!

Have a good start to your year everyone!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 01:24 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Happy New Year! Thanks for starting the new thread, Donna!

I was busy spending time with my nephew while he was here, so I didn't do much exercising this past week, but I jumped back into it today. I didn't know Jessica posted a new youtube workout yesterday, so I did a different strength workout today, but the new one looks good so I'll have to do that in a couple of days.

Donna, Sorry to hear your back/hip is still bothering you. Those nagging issues are annoying. I still have trouble with my knee, but I realized squats are what aggravates it, so I've been trying out some alternatives and that seems to work.

Sherry, I didn't do much for New Year's either. We had dinner with my nephew and then he went to see some friends, so I went home and watched the ball drop and went to bed. Not too exciting, lol.

Pam, Gentle exercise is what you need right now after all the stress you've had. Let's hope 2022 is better!

Waves to Liz!
Old 01-02-22, 01:53 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I also managed to do:

CocoLime Fitness - 30 min Cardio Tone - Suzanne from CL Fitness offered another special $1 for your first month - so I signed up again. I wouldn't subscribe at full price - $14.99, but these $1 months are good for me. If her price were lower - like in the Ellen B range I'd probably subscribe regularly but her stuff is nothing I want to do regularly, if that makes sense. For me, I guess if I'm paying for a site I want to use it most of the time..... anyway, this was a cardio/body weight routine, nothing too taxing.

Man Flow Yoga - Yoga for Herniated Disc - this was on You Tube a nice add on.

Today, so far, has been:

CL Fitness - 30 Min Full Body With Weights

Man Flow Yoga - Yoga for Sciatica - I did this one a few days ago. It really hits the spot for me. Ironically, the pigeon and figure 4 type poses tend to really irritate something. I do better w/ working on opening my hip flexors rather than stretching the piriformis.

I may do Annie Pilates PT - piriformis exercises w/ the band - those hit the spot for me too as it works to strengthen my glute/hip area.

VERY dreary weather here....

We are having some major plumbing work done here this week - it is going to be a major PITA, but hopefully will be worth it to avoid emergency plumber calls. Then, at some point we are having some painting done. January is going to be a pain with all of this going on but hopefully it will be worth it.

For now my only real "plan" for working out is to do Man Flow Yoga's Mission: Daily Yoga - plus whatever else I feel like doing.

wishiwasinhawaii - we had a low key NYE as well! I'm glad you got to spend time w/ your nephew.

Pam - glad you got some cardio in. I'm glad to see the back end of 2021.

Sherry - Jessica's new workout does look good. I hope to be able to try it soon. I'm working more on my posture and trying to keep a flat/neutral spine when leaning forward. Jessica does tend to do a lot of forward movement so I need to be extra mindful of that posture when I try this workout!!

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday, unfortunately, back to work for me tomorrow.

Donna
Old 01-02-22, 11:18 PM  
lizh

Happy New Year all!
Thanks for starting a new thread for us, Donna!

I'm still in Vermont where it snowed today (after raining last night) and it is going to be extremely cold for the next couple of days. I've been going for long walks every afternoon. Since I knew I was going to be here for a couple of weeks, I bought a long down jacket before I came and it was a worthy investment! I'm not able to do any workouts here, since there is no space and lots of clutter, but when I get back home next weekend, I may hop on a yoga challenge with Adrienne in addition to a cardio/strength rotation.

Like the rest of you, I'm ready for 2022!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 12:35 AM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica’s Gentle Yoga Stability and Mobility. I enjoyed this one, it is more “gentle” and a bit easier. I need a workout log so I can remember the workouts I like the most. I post here, but I don’t usually go back and look at it.

Pam, exercising to scenery from Scotland does sound peaceful.

wishiwasinhawaii, your New Year’s sounded nice. I’m glad you are able to spend some time with your nephew.

Donna, I hope your plumbing repairs go without a hitch and save you from those emergency calls. I do okay with Jessica’s forward bending if I engage my abs, keep a neutral spine, and engage my glutes. It’s a lot to remember sometimes! She does mention modifications frequently.

Liz, I’m glad you are able to take some long walks. That always helps me when I’m visiting family. It sounds cold in Vermont, but it must be pretty scenery with the snow.
Old 01-03-22, 09:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast

Blessful Body - New Year's Moving Vision - which was essentially a Pilates-Fusion style workout - there was some upper body, some abs and some lower body. I am finding that I need to avoid any type of "curling" movement in my spine - so many Pilates exercises need to be modified to avoid those rounded back postures. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing - but I figure why do something that is going to aggravate my back. I did find substitutes to do! I signed up for a $1/1 week trial at Blessful Body. I have subscribed in the past, I like Ky but eventually get bored w/ her stuff, but I felt the need to do one of her routines today. I will probably cancel before I'm charged the $24/month fee. These sites are just to expensive unless you are going to be a regular/daily user!

I do plan to do Man Flow Yoga - Mission : Daily Yoga today - it is a 12 min stretch. I will be able to squeeze that in somewhere. Jessica Valent is also putting up 5 min routines all week.

Hope everyone has a nice day - start to the first work week in 2022!

Donna
Old 01-03-22, 04:25 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did Kelly's Cardio Pump (strength workout.)

Today was 40 minutes on treadmill (pre-programmed incline course.)

I'm thinking for the month of January I'll alternate strength and cardio days, with yoga on Sunday (or added on, when needed.)

I'd prefer to follow a specific instructor rotation, but haven't decided yet. A generic cardio/strength/yoga gives me lots of flexibility, but may be too many choices.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tablet