Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-19-21, 07:37 PM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
On YT today I found that Mystique Mylene has uploaded a lot of Firm workouts to her channel- Tough Tape, Better Body & Buns, and Tough Aerobic Mix to name a few. I was going to do one of them today, but I just wasn't up for tall box climbs today. Maybe later this week.
Thanks Wendy. I did not know that these Firm workouts were on YT. I haven't done some of these workouts in so many years (and I don't own them on DVD). I can't wait to revisit them. I'll probably modify and use a short box -- my knees no longer enjoy the tall box climbs.
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-21, 09:15 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitis View Post
Thanks Wendy. I did not know that these Firm workouts were on YT. I haven't done some of these workouts in so many years (and I don't own them on DVD). I can't wait to revisit them. I'll probably modify and use a short box -- my knees no longer enjoy the tall box climbs.
Glad I could help! I have the same story as you...had many of these on VHS back in the day, but never purchased on DVD so it has been YEARS since I've done them.
Old 12-21-21, 11:00 PM  
Venus

I was a little under the weather last week (got my booster shot and stressed over a tornado warning in our area). I took a few rest days and skipped the Firm workouts. I did manage to complete the Yoga Strong challenge and did yoga most days. I have one more pink Firm workout to do and then I'll have done all my pink Firms for this challenge

Yesterday, I did The Firm: Cardio Dance Express with Alison Davis-McLain. I planned to do the express, but I switched to the full workout last minute. I didn't like the music at the start, but I started having fun and didn't notice it much after the warm-up. I did like the music in the second section. I forgot the choreography, so I had to focus at the start of each section (which was a nice distraction) and I stuck with Teri Ann for some of the moves. I remembered this workout being fast and a little intense, but it was a light and fun workout yesterday

Wendy, thank you for the link! I bookmarked the channel. I hope the videos stay up so I can try some of the workouts!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 07:35 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
On YT today I found that Mystique Mylene has uploaded a lot of Firm workouts to her channel- Tough Tape, Better Body & Buns, and Tough Aerobic Mix to name a few. I was going to do one of them today, but I just wasn't up for tall box climbs today. Maybe later this week.

I used to have Better Body & Buns on VHS tape. It was lost in a move I might try to visit that one soon! I have all of the others on DVDs.

I found another Firm workout on the Internet Archive. It's with Heidi Tanner and it's a very difficult video to find.

Heidi Tanner Cross Trainers Cardio
Old 12-23-21, 10:54 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I was a little under the weather last week (got my booster shot and stressed over a tornado warning in our area).
Glad to see you back here and that you're feeling better!
Old 12-23-21, 03:07 PM  
kat999

Today I did the Wave Speed Slimming Sculpt, with Allie. This is a fun, short, 30-minute routine that is mostly pretty easy but has a few deceptively difficult moves. If you use heavier weights, it can be a real challenge. I like that this one isn't very cardio-focused. I've been on a real low-intensity kick lately.
Old 12-24-21, 12:16 PM  
psupam

Sculpted Buns, Hips & Thighs today. Last week Tough Tape and Tough Tape2.
psupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-21, 01:42 PM  
kat999

Happy holidays, all! My Christmas Eve workout was BSS1's Body Sculpt, with Jen. I used 5, 6, and 8 lbs. and did the whole 50 minutes. Love how minimal the cardio is here. I am truly on an all-sculpt, minimal cardio thing right now.
Old 12-27-21, 08:00 AM  
Venus

I did Calorie Explosion on Friday the 24th. It mentions Alison, Rebekah, and Emily on the cover, but Alison leads the entire workout. I worked up a good sweat so I was glad the yoga I did afterward was all standing poses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Glad to see you back here and that you're feeling better!
Thank you, Karla!
Old 12-28-21, 09:29 AM  
Venus

Yesterday I did The Firm BSS2 Total Sculpt Plus Abs with Jen Carman. I felt like doing some strength work. I only used dumbbells and it worked pretty well. I should do this workout more often- it was fun and thorough!

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm