Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-23, 03:23 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Aging Backwards 4 - Flexibility

Has anyone watched the PBS program on this Essentrics set? I recorded it and have watched half. I like watching these PBS programs because she explains everything so clearly and gets me so motivated. I do Essentrics on Zoom so I doubt I'll be buying this set, but I do love watching.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-23, 10:06 PM  
bjones

Is this a workout series or a documentary or both? I can't tell from the website promo. I wonder if it will be available to stream on Essentrics?
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 06:45 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones View Post
Is this a workout series or a documentary or both? I can't tell from the website promo. I wonder if it will be available to stream on Essentrics?
It's a PBS fundraiser like the first 3 Aging Background programs were. But it is a new book and set of Essentrics DVDs, I believe. Miranda explains the importance of good posture and flexibility and is basically there selling the products, which you get if you become a PBS supporter. I assume everything is also available directly from her.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 08:07 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
It's a PBS fundraiser like the first 3 Aging Background programs were. But it is a new book and set of Essentrics DVDs, I believe. Miranda explains the importance of good posture and flexibility and is basically there selling the products, which you get if you become a PBS supporter. I assume everything is also available directly from her.
Two of the past compilation DVD offerings (one for PBC supporters, another on QVC) were compilations of seasons 11-12 and other segments from single workout titles like the mobility and posture ones (both separate releases).

These special DVD compilations were different segments when comparing the two. Although I have seasons 11-12, i didn't want to buy the mobility and posture workouts separately, so I waited for good deals on Ebay to get the special compilations. Hope I conveyed that clearly!

Here's a thread that might be of interest:
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=232765

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging backwards, essentrics, miranda esmonde-white, pbs