Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-28-22, 10:07 AM  
donnamp

These are really starting to grow on me - even the ones that I was iffy about early on.

I have noticed that I have more stamina which I assume is the result of consistency with these workouts - I haven't changed anything else.

The rotation is also pretty flexible so it makes it easy enough to stick with. If i don't have time or energy for one of the longer workouts I will sub in a shorter workout.

I still wish there were chapters and a countdown clock!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 09:17 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

I miss the count down clock more than I can say. So much so that I probably won’t make future purchases without it. It was one of the things that, along with her wonderful personality, made Jessica’s workouts great for me. She hasn’t used it for the last three releases now, so I’m guessing there’s some reason she doesn’t offer it anymore. It’s her choice and I respect that, even if it doesn’t work for me.

I’m not looking for workouts that are exactly 30 mins or 45 mins, etc., which I imagine is harder to choreograph. It's just incredibly helpful for me to know how much time I have left in a workout, no matter how long it is (as in ‘I am free in 7 minutes”). And sometimes the count down helps me to keep going (as in “don’t quit now, you’re more than 1/2 way through” or “go another 5 minutes and see how you feel then”).

Ah well, things change.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 12:32 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
2Lazy4Gym is starting to post her wonderfully detailed reviews of these dvds.
Out of curiosity, I checked her review of Walk a 5K and was a little surprised she preferred Fast Walk "much more" than Steady Walk. To me they were about the same intensity overall but Steady Walk had far superior music. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

For reference:
https://2lazy4gym.com/2022/06/17/walk-a-5k-the-fun-way/

I did Steady Walk for the 2nd time today thinking I'd only do part of it, but the few (four?) songs with lyrics interspersed managed to motivate me enough (along with Jessica's enthusiasm) to complete the whole thing again despite the fact that I normally get a bit bored with Jessica after 30 minutes or so.

Since she doesn't have the countdown timer, I watch the digital clock that I have on the shelf right beside/below the tv and can kind of gauge where I'm at. I realize this is not the same as having the countdown clock on the screen but it's my workaround so I know kind of where I'm at in the workout without having to check my Garmin watch.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 05:52 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post
I miss the count down clock more than I can say. So much so that I probably won’t make future purchases without it. It was one of the things that, along with her wonderful personality, made Jessica’s workouts great for me. She hasn’t used it for the last three releases now, so I’m guessing there’s some reason she doesn’t offer it anymore. It’s her choice and I respect that, even if it doesn’t work for me.

I’m not looking for workouts that are exactly 30 mins or 45 mins, etc., which I imagine is harder to choreograph. It's just incredibly helpful for me to know how much time I have left in a workout, no matter how long it is (as in ‘I am free in 7 minutes”). And sometimes the count down helps me to keep going (as in “don’t quit now, you’re more than 1/2 way through” or “go another 5 minutes and see how you feel then”).

Ah well, things change.
I like the countdown clock too, but I know how long the workout is and just check the time when I start and note what time the workout will end. Then I just watch that clock (especially when I can't wait for the workout to be over ).
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 08:53 PM  
bjones

I am going back through the Stretch and Relax workouts. I realize I may not have given them a good try out because the 6 DVDs all arrived the week I came down with covid!!! I decided I could do the stretches at least, but I don't think my brain was working very well. They seemed confusing and weird.

So I am tackling Rise again, doing it every day to get really familiar with it. I do like this one. There are some unusual stretches that threw me at first but I have mastered them (like the X sort-of-scorpion.) It is very relaxing and the music for all of them is great. I do substitute a couple of things, but do copy Jessica for the most part. I did like the Relax workout from the get go. So now I will revisit Rejuvenate next.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 09:04 PM  
donnamp

bjones - I'm going to give the Stretch DVD another try as well. The whole set has really grown on me!

Donna
Old 06-29-22, 09:06 PM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones View Post
I am going back through the Stretch and Relax workouts. I realize I may not have given them a good try out because the 6 DVDs all arrived the week I came down with covid!!! I decided I could do the stretches at least, but I don't think my brain was working very well. They seemed confusing and weird.

So I am tackling Rise again, doing it every day to get really familiar with it. I do like this one. There are some unusual stretches that threw me at first but I have mastered them (like the X sort-of-scorpion.) It is very relaxing and the music for all of them is great. I do substitute a couple of things, but do copy Jessica for the most part. I did like the Relax workout from the get go. So now I will revisit Rejuvenate next.
I'm glad you are revisiting it and enjoying more of it. I love Stretch & Relax!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 10:35 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Fusion Flow + Glow

I tried the Bonus Pilates Core (Ball) series workout today! I was looking for something short to do after a two mile walk, and this fit the bill. Was very nice, at only 13 minutes and I like it when I can use my (squishy ball) gadgets every once in a while. No endless reps, nice variety and all done barefoot on the floor! I found this one relaxing, as well!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 10:55 AM  
donnamp

I think I was a little too harsh on the Stretch DVD - my main complaint was that it was similar to others she released, but honestly, there is only so much you can do w/ a stretch routine - and I don't like stretch routines that throw in odd movements just to be "creative".

So while I don't think this one is a "must have" - it is a "nice to have" routine for variety and mixing things up w/ Jessica's other stretch routines and any other flexibility/mobility practices you do.

Donna
Old 06-30-22, 10:57 AM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I tried the Bonus Pilates Core (Ball) series workout today! I was looking for something short to do after a two mile walk, and this fit the bill. Was very nice, at only 13 minutes and I like it when I can use my (squishy ball) gadgets every once in a while. No endless reps, nice variety and all done barefoot on the floor! I found this one relaxing, as well!
Agreed. This is my favorite on that dvd.
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, strong + centered, strong + centered reviews, strong+centered series