Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-25-22, 10:16 AM  
carolyn jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I did a half Joni O on Michelle Dozois' Cardio Strength 2 from her Peak 10 series. The strength segments move too fast to use heavy weights, and some of the exercises move too fast to be safe (IMHO), and I didn't really feel a cardio effect either. So, what was the point of using dumbbells? Additionally, the only time the "modifier" did any modification at all was when Michelle said her name. Funny but I've had this workout for years, did the Peak 10 rotation, and these things didn't bother me. Now I need to modify and have to figure it out on my own which would be fine if I knew it in advance. I was disappointed but made it halfway through and said something colorful and yanked out the DVD. I do like Michelle but her version of 'cardio strength' doesn't seem to work for me.
Agreed! I like Michelle but have never felt that her cardio strength workouts accomplish anything. They require weights that are too light to get results and there isn't enough cardio to strengthen the heart. I really like her all-cardio workouts, but unfortunately cardio strength seems to be her favorite kind of workout so she has tons of them.
carolyn jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 10:56 PM  
fatkat555

So I just Joni O’d my latest eBay acquisition, Firm Burn and Shape with Emily Walsh. Maybe it’s just my mindset tonight, but I was sooo not in the mood for complex, quick choreography with cueing as they’re changing the move! And that was just the warmup! I maybe got 2 minutes in and pressed that eject button hard. I then pulled out Pure Barre Mile High 2, another eBay acquisition. I’m happy to report I completed it.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 06:32 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I Joni-O'd Jessica's new 38-minute circuit workout. The warm-up included lunges and squats, which I don't do, and I think the first exercise was on the knees. I don't kneel either. No chapters so I couldn't easily skip the lower body stuff. After doing my own warmup while she was doing hers, I yanked it at 14 minutes. When will I ever learn that Jessica strength is not for me. I talked myself into buying this and shouldn't have. I did a Cathe upper body premix instead.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 07:49 AM  
Rhonda

I Joni-O'd Jessica's new Sculpt and tone. Not sure if it was the day I was doing it or what but I thought it was boring. I kept going for like 10 minutes and just said nope not me today. I bought all DVD's and have to say I am not sure why because I am in the same camp as Joni, I don't care for her strength.

I did like the 5K walk one. Just hoping I will like something else from this pile or I may be parting with them.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 12:06 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

I don't care for Jessica's new stretch DVD. I didn't get the walk one, but like the rest. This surprised me since I haven't clicked with her weight workouts in the past.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 12:08 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I was going to do the upper body workout from Kathy Smith's Project You. After about two minutes, I lost interest for some reason and Joni-O'd it.

I ended up doing the upper body section from Cathe's Maximum Intensity Strength.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-22, 12:34 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I did about 20 minutes of Tae Bo Takeover 2.0 and that was it! I could keep up with the pace, but not the choreography.

Love Billy though.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-22, 02:48 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
So I just Joni O’d my latest eBay acquisition, Firm Burn and Shape with Emily Walsh. Maybe it’s just my mindset tonight, but I was sooo not in the mood for complex, quick choreography with cueing as they’re changing the move! And that was just the warmup! I maybe got 2 minutes in and pressed that eject button hard. I then pulled out Pure Barre Mile High 2, another eBay acquisition. I’m happy to report I completed it.
I had that one. I'm not sure I ever made it past the warmup. By the time I caught onto a move, she was onto the next one. I never caught up.
Old 06-21-22, 06:21 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
I had that one. I'm not sure I ever made it past the warmup. By the time I caught onto a move, she was onto the next one. I never caught up.
I think I had it twice. In was in a box of DVDs I donated to our neighborhood garage sale last weekend.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-22, 10:31 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
That’s exactly how I felt, so not just me!

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
joni o, joni-o, joni-o a video, jonio a workout