Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-22, 05:48 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Kathy Smith Fit Over 40 Challenge starts tomorrow-FREE

I thought others might be interested to know that Kathy Smith is offering a free Fit Over 40 Challenge where she will be providing free digital workouts daily for two weeks. It starts tomorrow so you have to sign up today. She also provides a welcome packet with a video introduction and an ebook describing the program. I guess there is also a Facebook group to join for support (I don't have Facebook so I can't confirm). Anyways, I thought others might be interested. You can sign up on her website.

Workouts included:

Walking Workout
Stretch
Total Body Turnaround Circuit
Barre Body Lift Abs
Lift Weights To Lose Weight Upper Body
Staying Strong Legs
Cardio Fat Burner Part 1
FastFit Fat Burning Blast
Daily Recharge (I think might be yoga and pilates)
She also mentions kickboxing.

Here is the link: https://shop.kathysmith.com/pages/fr...r-40-challenge
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-22, 08:29 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks for sharing. Is it your impression that these are previously release workouts? I thought so but wasn't sure watching the preview video. I like Kathy, but her "enthusiasm" (whooping, etc.) is sometimes a bit much for me. On the other hand, I've been kind of struggling to get motivated of late, so maybe having a plan would help.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-22, 08:48 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Thanks for sharing. Is it your impression that these are previously release workouts? I thought so but wasn't sure watching the preview video. I like Kathy, but her "enthusiasm" (whooping, etc.) is sometimes a bit much for me. On the other hand, I've been kind of struggling to get motivated of late, so maybe having a plan would help.
I think they are previously released but I’m not sure. I’ve only ever done her audio walking workout and I did that for the first time yesterday! I loved it and bought her audio walking workout package last night. I had, previously, only bought one of her DVDs per recommendation here but never did it. I’m not really familiar with her at all. She says in a video that she worked out at the time of Jane Fonda and leg warmers so I think she has been around awhile. I don’t know about the whooping but I have done Jane Fonda and that crew is LOUD!! Haha

But, since it’s free, I figured I would check it out!

*** UPDATE- I checked her website again and there are DVDs with these titles so I do believe these are previously released workouts.***
Old 04-17-22, 09:07 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Yes, I'm pretty sure they are previously released workouts. I like a lot of her workouts and have probably owned most of them at some point. I agree about the whooping, and some of the other noises she makes. I know I've let go of some titles because she was so shrill I had to Joni O them.

Nonetheless, I would be interested in this challenge if I hadn't already started a rotation that I want to continue. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Old 04-17-22, 04:23 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Yes, I'm pretty sure they are previously released workouts. I like a lot of her workouts and have probably owned most of them at some point. I agree about the whooping, and some of the other noises she makes. I know I've let go of some titles because she was so shrill I had to Joni O them.

Nonetheless, I would be interested in this challenge if I hadn't already started a rotation that I want to continue. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
You’re very welcome! Have fun with your rotation!!
Old 04-17-22, 08:20 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Gemini, you must be younger since you didn't know much about Kathy Smith - she's kind of video fitness vintage (like me, haha).

You are right, it is free, so can't hurt to sign up. Sometimes I get overwhelmed getting flooded with challenge emails though. But, since it's only 14 days, I'll probably give it a shot - I can always unsubscribe if I don't like it.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-17-22, 09:26 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I love Kathy Smith whooping and all I think her workouts are fun and solid, I also love that when she works the abs she also targets the back.

Thanks for sharing about the challenge.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-22, 06:43 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Gemini, you must be younger since you didn't know much about Kathy Smith - she's kind of video fitness vintage (like me, haha).

You are right, it is free, so can't hurt to sign up. Sometimes I get overwhelmed getting flooded with challenge emails though. But, since it's only 14 days, I'll probably give it a shot - I can always unsubscribe if I don't like it.
No, I’m not young (48)!!!! But, I didn’t really get into videos until the last few years. My Mom had The Firm and Richard Simmons (ironically- couldn’t be more opposite!!) when I was younger so I started with those. Got all the Firm classics and added about a dozen more. Bought the Richard Simmons workouts too. Then I got almost all the Jessica Smith’s, some Jane Fonda’s, Jenny Ford, Ellen Barrett. Recently, a bunch of Leslie Sansone. Since I never really used Videos when I was younger, I’m not familiar with a lot of instructors so when I “discover” them, they are new to me but probably nobody else!!

I’m going to do the Kathy Smith Challenge too! I think we have a walk on the schedule for today!
Old 04-18-22, 06:45 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I love Kathy Smith whooping and all I think her workouts are fun and solid, I also love that when she works the abs she also targets the back.

Thanks for sharing about the challenge.
No problem!!

I’m excited to try her!!
Old 04-18-22, 07:19 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Oh, Gemini, we are closer in age than I thought - I turn 54 next week.

I did sign up for the challenge. There is a e-book that contains links to all of the workouts. I'm not sure if others can access, but here is the link:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/12...coWo%3D.Q8UimJ

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
kathy smith