Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-27-22, 02:42 PM  
seabliss

I haven't had a chance to check in because we've been working hard on everything. We had help getting our things off the shipping container so we didn't have to pay a ton of money, but we had to try to get most of them the next day. So DH rented a large van and made several trips to bring a lot of the stuff to our house. I was unloading, carrying things all over the house, up the stairs or down to the basement, and unpacking. At the end of the day I had almost 24k hard steps and a shocking almost 2,800 calories it said I burned (it never says anything like that--usually about 2,100 with workouts/walking etc.).

The next day the movers brought the heavy stuff and everything remaining. I worked all day then, and all day yesterday and today. Tons of steps, lots of soreness. Tomorrow the piano is delivered. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but still a ways to go! We are thankful, though, for all the ways the path was made smoother than we had expected.

DH was rolling his eyes because I unloaded my dumbbells and put them on my rack, and I told him I was saying to them, "Welcome to your new home!" He just doesn't get it, lol. So thankful to get my gear back.

Lynn, enjoy the lake house time! Sounds fun.

Cynthia, are you liking the style of the new workouts?

Diana, I hope you're having a great week!
Old 07-27-22, 03:18 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, thanks for checking in with Moving Super Max. I hope your piano will be okay. Is there a piano tuner available?

Yes, I really like the Xtend Barre workouts. She packs a lot into the half hour. Lots of core, cardio, toning, and balance. Just a few minutes of abwork yesterday and my abs were sore today. I like her (one and only) barre DVD, but I couldn't do 1 DVD all the time. BBOD has 27 half hour barre workouts, also (I didn't count them) 15-min barre, stretch, and Pilates from the same instructor, Andrea Rogers. Apparently she dropped her middle name, which is Leigh. She mirror-cues! She pronounces the first letter of Andrea as in ant, not ont. I like her.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-22, 09:45 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl Yay for getting your stuff! Good luck getting everything situated how you like it.

No workout to report.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 11:36 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 5,497

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-28-22, 02:36 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: Xtend Barre legs 1. These workouts are as tough as studio workouts. Well, I've never been to an Xtend Barre studio, but I have with a few other flavors. I remember taking a beginner Cardio Barre in the Santa Barbara studio; move for move, it was exactly like my Advanced workout on DVD. (The place closed before I could get back there for an advanced class.) And Pure Barre DVDs are a lot shorter and easier than the classes I took locally.

I won't say I'm living in fear of the 30-min core workout scheduled for tomorrow, but.

Sad that my knees no longer bend enough to grip a squishy ball. But my modification got the job done: I was wearing T-shirt type fabric yoga pants, & put the ball inside the pants at the back of my knee. The pants held it in place and I contracted the muscles.

Later: I walked, half hour, some errands downtown.
Old 07-28-22, 10:18 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Lynn The Lake house sounds great.

DH and I started watching a series while we were out of town. I found out our library has it so I requested the next ones to watch. I picked them up today and DH and I watched two episodes tonight. I have ordered the next set. I should get those in a couple of days.

I did a neighborhood/community walk today as well as a 30 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-29-22, 11:10 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps from yesterday: 13,563

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-29-22, 12:21 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 yoga flow. We are back home. It was a very nice vacation. I took a lot of my exercise equipment in the car and didn't do as much as I planned, but did use some of it. We did a really nice walk in the botanical gardens, which had a lovely Japanese garden and was mostly trees not flowers, which made for some shade. But given the heat an hour or so out and then back to the lake was about all we could do. Now at home we actually have a few days of rain and cooler temps before the heat sets back in.

Cheryl, congrats on getting all your stuff, but sounds like a real workout getting it all set up in the house. Sounds like you need a vacation now.

Cynthia, glad you are enjoying Xtend barre and figuring out good modifications. Should get you in good shape for your Dailey trip.

Diana, keeping up with the steps I see. Good you and your DH found something you enjoy watching together. My DH largely enjoys switching stations and not watching anything for more than 2 minutes. They should make a button on the remote that does this automatically.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 01:52 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, exactly - getting into barre fitness for my trip.

Check-in: Xtend express core. The 15 minute length was plenty.
Old 07-29-22, 03:51 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Thighs and Booty Bootcamp, and I got to use one of my 25s. So that was nice. Also had a lot of room because the piano has not arrived yet. No show, no communication, DH trying to call the warehouse but they mostly ignore his calls (probably because most of them don't speak English, so they wait for the one guy who does to show up). We will get it eventually, but we would love some communication so DH doesn't feel tethered to the house waiting.

Lynn, sounds like a lovely vacation! I love Japanese gardens.

Diana, what kind of series is it--drama? action? DH and I are watching a series on Amazon Prime right now.

Cynthia, your workouts sound like a great blend. Good luck with the abs one--hope it's a nice variety of moves!