Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-17-22, 06:15 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 12,686

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 03:45 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Livestrong Dumbbell Challenge, round 4 of 5

Check-in: Legs & Butt.

My latest Livestrong email announced a 7-day burpee challenge. Good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read that; I would've made a mess. Totally not interested.

Diana, has everyone at your church healed from having covid?

Lynn, sounds like an interesting and informative concert.

Cheryl, are you still getting acupuncture for the tendonitis?

The weather reports kept saying the air quality was good, and it is today, but I had to wash yesterday's smoke out of my hair.

I had a very nice visit with my friend, and am enjoying my tidy house.

Pancakes tomorrow for a group from Plano TX.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 10:03 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Cynthia Everyone has recovered. But one of the ladies is really struggling with energy. I did children's church for her today because she just wasn't up to doing it. She said that she has been taking naps every day since getting covid.

I had a busy day at church and wasn't able to get a workout in. When I finish the office stuff at church that I need to do tomorrow, DH and I are going out of town for a few days. We are going up to our friend's mountain house. We don't have internet there, so I have decided not to bring the computer. I bring it every year but I'm not able to use it unless I take it to town with me. I decided not to do that this year. I might be able to use the phone to drop in and say Hi.

I wanted to share that today is my birthday. The church family decided to give me a surprise today. A lot of them brought me gifts and cards. We had cake and ice cream after the evening service. I have only known of them to do this for our Pastor or Ms. Connie. I was really shocked that they had done this for me. I really feel loved and it was a very nice day.

No workout to report.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-17-22, 10:25 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Happy birthday, Diana! Glad your church family gave you such a loving surprise!

That mountain home will surely be a lovely getaway. Enjoy!
Old 07-18-22, 06:26 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Thank you, Cynthia!

Steps from yesterday: 6,207

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-18-22, 09:10 AM  
seabliss

Diana, happy birthday a day late! Glad it was such a wonderful day and that people showed you their love and appreciation of you!

Cynthia, it's really nice to have a clean house. I know what you mean about smoke from the fires. I'm not smelling it now but we did during a couple of days. We are on the west coast also, just of a different ocean, haha, but there are definite similarities to California here.

I canceled my third acupunture appointment because it was going to be on one of those heatwave days, where it hit near 100, but the acupuncturist has no a/c in her fourth-floor office. Also, the second session did not bring me any relief. I will probable try an orthopedic doctor. I read that they can do injections, like of platelet-rich plasma, to break up the inflammation. I also went up for prayer for it at church yesterday.

Today I did a workout from Heather Robertson's new Glow Up 2.0 series. I did the Glutes and Thighs workout. It was mostly fusion with a short amount of weights. And yesterday I got more than 17k steps, which is on the higher end for me.

Waving to Lynn!
Old 07-18-22, 10:18 AM  
lynnf

Hi all, catching up with walk on Sat. (in spite of heat), barre 3 45 and yin on Sunday and today yoga class.

Diana, how lovely that your church recognized all that you have been doing for it in such a loving way. You surely deserved it! And happy belated birthday! Have a great trip!

Cynthia, bummer about the smoke but hurrah for the clean house. Hope it lasts. Mine only lasts a short time after the cleaning. I am totally with you on the burpee challenge.

Cheryl, sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with the tendonitis. It can be a rough one to manage. Hoping you can find relief with the doctor. Has your weather cooled off?
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 02:05 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: oceanview walk for a half hour after pancakes. DBs round 4 chest and arms.

Only 6 more working dumbbells days and then I switch to barre. I was reading about BBOD on the GD. My yearly dues were paid in January, so it hasn't increased for me yet. But I was thrilled to find out that Andrea Leigh Rogers now has 4 programs on BBOD: barre, Pilates, express barre, and stretch. She only put out 1 DVD each of barre and Pilates. I had read about her streaming programs, but 1 subscription is my limit. I did a 7-min glute/thigh stretch last night and was very pleased. I'm going to do her workouts regularly after I finish the dumbbells challenge.

Slightly later: felt energetic, and did round 4 back and shoulders.

Rant alert:
Previously, all BBOD had for barre was 21 Day Fix "barre legs" which was an okay brief workout but not barre, and then "Elise Joan" who seems to think it's cooler not to have a last name (Gulan). I find her intolerable with her big-mouth constant smile and her preening as if she invented the training bra. I tried her "barre blend" a couple of times but couldn't do more than a few minutes. I can't tolerate her personality, also there was jumping.
Old 07-19-22, 11:10 AM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather's Upper Body Strength Workout with Dumbbells. I had to wear my elbow brace, so I had to modify a couple of the moves because I can't really do a curl move with the brace on. I didn't make the moves easier, though, just different.

Tonight DH and I are going to hear a jazz keyboard player and his band play at the big venue "Casa de Musica" (House of Music), which happens to be pretty close to our house. It's the first real concert we've gone to since the pandemic. We always hear music everywhere, though. Sometimes the faint strains of a band practicing or one playing down the street. Right now a saxaphone player is practicing, and that's coming through the open windows.

Lynn, the weather is beautiful here now. It was quite bad for a few days. Now it's in the 70s and feels like Southern California. That's what we think the weather feels like most of the time here. Everyone said Porto is rainy, but it's a lot less rainy than we were told. Sunny and refreshingly breezy, mostly.

Cynthia, I would Joni-O that instructor too. That's why I do so much Heather, just like Lynn sticks with barre 3. It's like therapy, haha. Strangely haven't gotten tired of Heather yet, but very intolerant of annoying instructors.
Old 07-19-22, 01:25 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30.

Cynthia, glad you are enjoying some of your streaming and avoiding what you don't like (I definitely avoid the B3 cardio).

Cheryl, yay for weather cooling off. Hopefully most of Europe will cool off too. I've been hearing about fires in France, which don't sound good. Enjoy the concert. Nice to have a concert hall nearby.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote